Closed Thread
Page 100 of 109 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1081
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope how are you travelling today? I took your advice again and requested another BT to check progesterone levels as I did read that coming straight off the progesterone can cause a miscarriage - I hope they didn't let me down in Nov.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @JenniwithanI: they usually don't do P4 BT after transfer but no harm of getting it checks. I have also been on 800mg equivalent dose of pessaries after O or EPU. I was on pregynl booster last time as well just to make sure I get enough so I have nothing to blame if embie didn't take. We always find things to blame when things go wrong. I wondered if i ate too much carrots, if switching to a different brand of progesterone pessaries (pharmacist had never made 400mg before!), if me go casual fishing, standing too close to the oven had caused the chemical. Yes, the self-blaming game. I still wonder. But there is nothing we can do. It is the past.

I am not feeling anything different so far. Not even the usual irritation from progesterone! I like crinone better...but $90 a box afterward is a bit pricy. So a bit depressing and I don't want to drag DH down since we got some bad news about his grandma. I don't like to set myself up for disappointment but so hoping it will work. Then, we can focus on other things in life just a bit more.

And you?
    @Malak: thinking of you!
    @DeterminedOne: when is your appt?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys hopefully will get an update in the morning from DH. He is sleeping now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For anyone who is interested. I got a response from sperm hope about using it for sertoli and they said:
    SpermHope designed for this cases but he should take it before TESA.
    Now he can try it but need to know that most cases of primary testicular failure is not curable, we can only improve the sperm production but cannot restore to normal production. the main function of SpermHope treatment is:
    1) our treatment can improve sperm count in the semen and avoid the biopsy (the success chance is 22%).
    2) if the semen does not contain any sperm, this treatment improves success chances of testicular sperm extraction (the success chance is 30%).
    I recommend in his case to combine between our treatment and biopsy (TESE or Micro-TESE)
    The treatment is for 6 months, We do not promise that this treatment will cure a 100% of the cases of azoospermia.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What they say about not being able to restore it to normal function is correct. Improving yes. If there is no sperm production, nothing can help. 6 months is a long commitment. But I suspect your dh needs 6 month to recover from TESA anyway. Good luck in making the decision. And hope is all u can hold onto at this point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It will be interesting what the urologist says when we talk with him.

I am glad that a different dr does the mTESE in Brisbane. There is no way DH would have the same one do a mTESE on him.

We always thought it would be about 6 months later to give us time to save some more money for the mTESE. The TESA was about $3k out of pocket hate to imagine the mTESE cost.

The other day DH did say noone was touching his balls for at least 12 months lol. I think he will come around to about 7 months (by the time order and get the sperm hope).

At the end of the day may as well do everything no to have any what if's left at the end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    @JenniwithanI: they usually don't do P4 BT after transfer but no harm of getting it checks. I have also been on 800mg equivalent dose of pessaries after O or EPU. I was on pregynl booster last time as well just to make sure I get enough so I have nothing to blame if embie didn't take. We always find things to blame when things go wrong. I wondered if i ate too much carrots, if switching to a different brand of progesterone pessaries (pharmacist had never made 400mg before!), if me go casual fishing, standing too close to the oven had caused the chemical. Yes, the self-blaming game. I still wonder. But there is nothing we can do. It is the past.

I am not feeling anything different so far. Not even the usual irritation from progesterone! I like crinone better...but $90 a box afterward is a bit pricy. So a bit depressing and I don't want to drag DH down since we got some bad news about his grandma. I don't like to set myself up for disappointment but so hoping it will work. Then, we can focus on other things in life just a bit more.

And you?
    @Malak: thinking of you!
    @DeterminedOne: when is your appt?
    @bbhope it's tomorrow...I must admit I'm a little nervous/excited to get the ball rolling again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Malak View Post
    It will be interesting what the urologist says when we talk with him.

I am glad that a different dr does the mTESE in Brisbane. There is no way DH would have the same one do a mTESE on him.

We always thought it would be about 6 months later to give us time to save some more money for the mTESE. The TESA was about $3k out of pocket hate to imagine the mTESE cost.

The other day DH did say noone was touching his balls for at least 12 months lol. I think he will come around to about 7 months (by the time order and get the sperm hope).

At the end of the day may as well do everything no to have any what if's left at the end.
    @Malak I hope DH is doing better today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @DererminedOne.

DH is home now but off work until and including Monday. Not impressed at all because he doesn't get paid for being off work.

DH thinks the dr did something wrong when he did the biopsy and wants to make a complaint about him, what are your thoughts on that?

Obviously it would be done after we get all the results .

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found complaining about a Dr formally is a lose case in Australia. Are you seeking compensation? My friend just went through a horrible experience with her priv OB. She was seeking legal advice. In the end, she just dropped it and felt not worth the effort and money. It has caused tremendous stress with the post-op complication. The OB just wrote a letter not even apologizing but say complication happens (basically $hit happens). Similar incident happened to a friend, who lives in Singapore. The Dr refunded every single penny for the operation (c-section) and related fees.

You need hard evidence that it is Dr fault........but they will probably say that every surgery carries a risk. Thanks goodness that you are seeing a different dr for mTESE!

Good luck @DeterminedOne. I am seeing a OBGYN Dr on Friday. Seeing him on a different purpose. He does sperm retrieval procedure according to his website. He used to work for Pivet. So I might ask him if he knows anyone in Perth who does mTESE and pass the info along. I suspect you would probably find out from Dr R tomorrow as well. xx