+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    omg tasha congratulations!!!!! YAY!!! U made it!! enjoy ur newborn snuggles!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls!

Still all seems so surreal! The past 9 days have been an absoloute blur!

Bubs is doing well, he is still being tube fed and will be in the special care nursery for a while yet. We are spending over 13 hours a day there and its so draining. I think just sitting around not doing much makes me more tired than anything.

I am sooo relieved to have him here safely. Not a day went by in my pregnancy where i wasn't constantly thinking something was going to go wrong, so even though he was born so early im just glad i can finally start to relax a little.

Hope everybody is doing well and all the bubs are growing nicely.

Good luck Stephsmum.. your next!

Tash xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tasha, so glad to hear that although bub is in SCN - he is doing well. Congrats again. Bet ur mighty relieved.

Love ur avatar pic! He looks so gorgeous!!

AFU- Kyan is 8.5wks old!! Cant believe it! He is becomming so settled and getting settled into his own routine which im letting him decide. When he's hungry i feed him, when hes tired i put him down. We have his first round of immunisations next week. Hope it all goes well, im so nervous i wont be able to cope - i cant handle him crying in pain, makes me cry too. It all STILL Feels so surreal that he's here and he is mine, forever (I dont have to give him back to someone else - being a childcare worker thats what im used to)...

We are getting LOTS of huge grins and smiles now and it just makes my heart melt every time. But those first smiles in the morning when i get him out of his cot, or even just lean over from the bed to talk to him are the most amazingly rewarding thing to get, they make it all worth while...they give u the strangest kind of warm fuzzys, and with each one the love u feel for them grows more and more.

Hope everyone is doing well, cant wait to hear of all ur little arrivals! Good luck stephsmum Fingers crossed for u.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi- I'm new around here so please forgive my lack of knowledge of acronyms, and please tell me if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

So I have a lovely 4 year old son, and was ready to try again (after some illness) last year. I miscarried at about 61/2 weeks in December ( and was told two days later that my sister in law was pregnant with the same due date as mine).

My husband was hesitant to try again for a while, and said we should think about not having any more kids. eventually I came around to his way of thinking, and had decided that I didn't want any more kids. Then last week he said that he thought we should stop waiting (I thought we were decided, not waiting) and just go for it and have another.

I was trying to work out how to tell him that I don't want any more kids, but my period was later than usual (pretty irregular)- hey presto I'm pregnant again.

I keep trying to tell myself that this is what I wanted for ages, and was unable to do (when sick etc) but I just can't get excited about it. I'm not sure if this is just me being cautious about it after the miscarriage, or if I truly don't want to be pregnant. I'm about 8 weeks along and need to get happy about this thing before we start telling people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    emilyg I can only speak from my own experience but I have found this pregnancy I have not allowed myself to get excited out of fear of miscarrying. Don't be hard on yourself perhaps once you have had a scan and seen the baby you will find yourself feeling happier about being pregnant.

shadownangel great to hear you little man is doing so well. Those first smiles are simply the best!

tasha congrats.

AFM I have reached 13 weeks but am still so terrified. I am thinking of telling my kids next week that I am pregnant but am still a bit scared. Just wondering for those who have older kids when did you tell them? Note that when I tell them they will tell every person they meet!!! I have had brown spotting on and off for most of the pregnancy but have seen my ob most weeks and there seems to be no reason for it and he feel confident that the baby is ok. I hate being this scared but I haven't bought anything for the baby or told a single person IRL. DH is the same. We are so frightened that as soon as we announce it to the world or buy something for the baby something will go wrong. Are we crazy???

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosily For This Useful Post:

emilyg  (13-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emilyg View Post
    Hi- I'm new around here so please forgive my lack of knowledge of acronyms, and please tell me if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

So I have a lovely 4 year old son, and was ready to try again (after some illness) last year. I miscarried at about 61/2 weeks in December ( and was told two days later that my sister in law was pregnant with the same due date as mine).

My husband was hesitant to try again for a while, and said we should think about not having any more kids. eventually I came around to his way of thinking, and had decided that I didn't want any more kids. Then last week he said that he thought we should stop waiting (I thought we were decided, not waiting) and just go for it and have another.

I was trying to work out how to tell him that I don't want any more kids, but my period was later than usual (pretty irregular)- hey presto I'm pregnant again.

I keep trying to tell myself that this is what I wanted for ages, and was unable to do (when sick etc) but I just can't get excited about it. I'm not sure if this is just me being cautious about it after the miscarriage, or if I truly don't want to be pregnant. I'm about 8 weeks along and need to get happy about this thing before we start telling people.
    I know how you feel emilyg, we lost our last bub @ 10 weeks (missed miscarriage at approx 5 1/2 weeks) and this whole pregnancy I have been having trouble getting excited. Took until our 3d scan at 26 weeks before it felt real, before then I put on a brave face but inside I was terrified. Am now just under 4 weeks from my due date and am finally excited, though am still so paranoid if I dont feel bub move for 20 mins! Luckily DF has been very patient with me and understands why I am so paranoid .

Tasha - Glad to hear bubba is doing well!

AFM - Having a scan next week as GP thinks bubba feels like he's gonna be a big boy, have been measuring ahead for a few months now, she keeps asking if I'm sure of my dates! We are very sure but will be curious to see what the scan says about him. DF has a big head and broad shoulders and is very tall so more than likely bub is taking after daddy haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Tasha!!!!!!! I'm a bit late but am so happy for you! Finally you can relax and enjoy bub x

Emilyg - congrats and welcome

Rosily - yay to 13 weeks! I remember you be around when I had my first mc last year. So glad you have finally got your sticky bubs

Stephsmum - tick tock tick tock...how many days have you got left now? Exciting!

Hope everyone else is doing well

AFM - life is getting back to a new normal since dad passed away, I can't believe it hasn't even been one month yet. I got diagnosed with gestational diabetes last week but my levels have been good this week so hopefully I can avoid the insulin injections this pregnancy. 32 weeks tomorrow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KazzyC View Post
    Congrats Tasha!!!!!!! I'm a bit late but am so happy for you! Finally you can relax and enjoy bub x

Emilyg - congrats and welcome

Rosily - yay to 13 weeks! I remember you be around when I had my first mc last year. So glad you have finally got your sticky bubs

Stephsmum - tick tock tick tock...how many days have you got left now? Exciting!

Hope everyone else is doing well

AFM - life is getting back to a new normal since dad passed away, I can't believe it hasn't even been one month yet. I got diagnosed with gestational diabetes last week but my levels have been good this week so hopefully I can avoid the insulin injections this pregnancy. 32 weeks tomorrow!
    Kazzy - 21 days to go, haha. So ready to have my little man, have just reached the uncomfortable stage where everything aches. Had a scan today, he's measuring 3.3 kgs already , I think I'm gonna have a big boy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ooohhhh steph he is so close!!! I can't wait to hear your news!!

Afm: still feeling sick but I'm hoping it will start to ease soon!! 11w4d today and I'm off to the baby expo!!! I am having my nt scan on wednesday and feel nervous but not scared...I have no reason to think something is wrong so i think it's the normal nerves you get before every scan!!

I'm pretty sure I have felt bub move but when I tell people they say "nah it's way too early to feel anything yet!!!

Anyway I'll check back in after my scan x x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi lovely ladies!!

We had our nt scan today and I was so scared! I didn't look at the screen straight away and when I did and I saw our bub I broke down and cried!! The ultrasound dr wasn't very talkative but all was fine and bubs was moving around..heartrate of 154!

We went looking at car seats today too and have decided on the safe and sound compaqe..it's the only seat that will fit in the middle of my car in the rearward facing position! Also found a really nice nappy bag too!! Wow!

Anywho..I thought I was 12 weeks today but it's tomorrow! So you will see me on here first thing in the morning celebrating!!!!!!!