+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle_N View Post
    Hi Ladies,

I hope you dont mind me dropping in but I have nowhere to go to chat and thought that maybe this was the best place.

Guess I am just looking for some reassurance...

Well I am 6 weeks and 2 days today and am just freaking out with worry.

Worried that I am going to miscarry, worried that there is going to an issue at my 12 week scan like last time (which resulted in a D&C) and just plain worried that "something" is going to happen over the next 9 months.

With my first 2 DSs I fell pregnant so easily and never had a worry in the world that I would miscarry or there would be something wrong with the baby. Now I know so easily how issues can occur that its so hard not to dwell on it. I keep looking the Due In Nov thread but dont want to join as everyone seems so happy and with not a worry in the world that I think it would be unfair of me to join in and be pessimistic and fill everyone with bad thoughts when everyone is so happy.

I am doing all the scans and bloods, etc to check for abnormalities and may even opt of an amnio if necessary. Now I am using my OPKs to keep checking that I am UTD.

I was told I could get a scan at 8 weeks but am not going to bother. I had a scan at 7, 8 and 10 weeks and everything was fine. I was so happy to hear the heartbeat at those stages and just thought 'If you hear a heartbeat its all good'. It wasnt until the 12 weeks scan that problems showed.

We arent telling anyone that I am UTD so you guys are the first to know! But I want to tell someone so at least I can share! I vacillate between wanting to tell the world and trying to ignore it and not count the seconds until my 12 week scan.

Its taken over 2 years (I stopped counting at 2 years) of TTCing, one chemical pregnancy and one D&C to get here...and I know that if this one fails for whatever reason then thats it.

I want to be able to enjoy the pregnancy as this will be my last one and all I can do is worry!!

What do I do????
    Michelle. I just wanted to say that as one of the ladies from that thread, Please join us. There have already been some losses and I know I myself was extremely 'down' at the start of the thread. I am getting more confident as the days go by but at the moment there are a number of ladies experiencing bleeds so we are certainly not a group without a care in the world! Alot of us have experienced losses and so know exactly where you are coming from. I hope for a sticky bub for you and hope that you do join us in there.

PS, Sorry for crashing ladies. I often have a little look at this thread but don't post. Its nice to know there are others out there who have the same feelings and fears

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

Almost 30 weeks and lord I feel terrible, have insomnia, went to bed last night at 9pm, was up again 45 mins later wide awake so settled down to watch a movie, managed to doze from 4am until 7:30am. Then got a nap for an hour while miss 4 was at kindy. Its been 2 weeks since I have had a good nights sleep, DF isn't sleeping in bed with me as his snoring also wakes me up, he refuses to go to the Dr about it (its like sleeping next to a chainsaw). Have heard I can take Panadeine Forte safely so thinking of taking one tonight to knock me out. Just feeling down and sorry for myself lately. On the plus side bub is very active, its rare he's not kicking me or at least stretching! Miss 4 got some big kicks on the weekend and seemed very confused as to what was bumping her, she knows theres a baby there but its her first time being able to feel suck big kicks.

FunKy~Mummy is offline If ya filled me with water I would leak. Vampires I tell you they are vampires
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    aww stefsmum its going so fast!!!! im sorry you have insomnia!! thinking of you hunny!!! panadiene forte is definately safe my FS and GP think I will need it for my back as I progress!! good luck my sweet xoxoxoxooxox

OMG I FINALLY GOT MY +++++surge. I didn't believe it so I had to check 3 times lol!!!
    I have 3 perfect follis ready to pop FX we can catch one of those eggys!!

mwahssss everyone xoxoxoox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stephsmum - surviving on no sleep sucks!!! Hope you managed to get some last night. It is so annoying and frustrating! I remember having that with DD in last trimester, I had achey legs though.

Funky - yay!!! So hoping it is your month!

AJ - how'd your test go, you must come and tell us!!! hope all is good

AFM - 25 weeks today \o/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls!

I'm not avoiding you all, I promise! Am waiting on a phone call with FISH results from amnio sometime today.
    The procedure itself was easy and stress-free and I had the utmost confidence in the doc performing it. The ultrasound before hand showed, for all intents and purposes, a lovely looking little bub with everything in the right place, so we can only hope the amnio comes back clear of chromosomal problems. I don't want to upset anyone but should the amnio give us an "abnormal" outcome, this is will impact heavily on whether we carry on with the pregnancy. DP and I just aren't in a position to commit to caring for a bub with DS. I hope you don't judge me for saying so...as you can imagine, just the thought of this possibility is quite devastating to say the least as this is a much loved and wanted baby for us.
    Anyway...that's getting a bit ahead of myself...have to wait for this phone call first! WAITING! WAITING! WAITING!

On a happier note, it seems this bub is a little boy! Well...the scan gives us about 70% that it is. Needless to say, DP is kinda chuffed his boy swimmers crossed the finish line first! He is a wonderful father and role model to DD and if this was another girl, would be so totally smitten with "his girls", but I think the old fashioned ideal of a son "carrying on the family name" has suddenly dawned on him. He's still keeping a lid on his excitement etc until we know for sure.

I'll definitely be back to let you all the outcome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks AJ . I've been stalking all day lol

Hope you get a call soon. And congrats on the most likely boy bits!!! One of each - how precious xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AJGirl08 View Post
    Hey girls!

I'm not avoiding you all, I promise! Am waiting on a phone call with FISH results from amnio sometime today.
    The procedure itself was easy and stress-free and I had the utmost confidence in the doc performing it. The ultrasound before hand showed, for all intents and purposes, a lovely looking little bub with everything in the right place, so we can only hope the amnio comes back clear of chromosomal problems. I don't want to upset anyone but should the amnio give us an "abnormal" outcome, this is will impact heavily on whether we carry on with the pregnancy. DP and I just aren't in a position to commit to caring for a bub with DS. I hope you don't judge me for saying so...as you can imagine, just the thought of this possibility is quite devastating to say the least as this is a much loved and wanted baby for us.
    Anyway...that's getting a bit ahead of myself...have to wait for this phone call first! WAITING! WAITING! WAITING!

On a happier note, it seems this bub is a little boy! Well...the scan gives us about 70% that it is. Needless to say, DP is kinda chuffed his boy swimmers crossed the finish line first! He is a wonderful father and role model to DD and if this was another girl, would be so totally smitten with "his girls", but I think the old fashioned ideal of a son "carrying on the family name" has suddenly dawned on him. He's still keeping a lid on his excitement etc until we know for sure.

I'll definitely be back to let you all the outcome.
    Hi AJ,

Been thinking about you for ages!!

As are in the same boat age, etc wise can I ask what your bloods came back at in relation to DS? You know how they say that you are 1 in XXX chance of having a baby with problems. I only ask (and please if you dont feel comfortable in telling) is that I wonder when do you decide to have the amnio or just take the % factor from the bloods.

I am glad that you are feeling well and everything is looking great so far. Of a mum of 2 little boys I have to say that boys are awesome. They just adore their mummies!

Take care!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emzluvbub View Post
    Michelle. I just wanted to say that as one of the ladies from that thread, Please join us. There have already been some losses and I know I myself was extremely 'down' at the start of the thread. I am getting more confident as the days go by but at the moment there are a number of ladies experiencing bleeds so we are certainly not a group without a care in the world! Alot of us have experienced losses and so know exactly where you are coming from. I hope for a sticky bub for you and hope that you do join us in there.

PS, Sorry for crashing ladies. I often have a little look at this thread but don't post. Its nice to know there are others out there who have the same feelings and fears
    Thanks Emzluvbub....I have been holding off joining November but finally bit the bullet and did a post. And youre right we are all certainly in the same boat at the moment...its just hard to take that next step and get 'excited' just in case. But I am trying...and thanks for the support.

And I couldnt help myself and I have booked in for a scan next wednesday....just need a little peace of mind as I dont think I can wait til 10weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls I'm back!

It is with great joy and a whole heap of relief that I can let you all know our FISH results show a lovely, healthy little BOY growing in there!
    I have always felt good about this pregnancy right from the start so it's awesome to have some confirmation of things going well.

I've finally told my family and they are beyond thrilled for us - so nice to finally have it out in the open.

Michelle I had always anticipated having the amnio simply because I knew my age put me in a high risk bracket and also because the results had a bearing on the pregnancy continuing or not.
    My age risk was T21 1:77 T18 1:193 T13 1:602
    My adjusted risk was T21 1:54 T18 1:3851 T13 1:4739

My Biometry was Nuchal Translucency = 1.9mm
    Free Beta HCG 79.4 IU/L equivalent to 1.989 MoM
    PAPP-A 1.670 IU/L equivalent to 0.528MoM

This pregnancy is actually a "failed twin" pregnancy ie at my early 7 week scan there were two sacs with embryos but only one with a heart beat and the other was measuring a week behind with no heart beat. When I got these nuchal results, the doc said she thought it was the failed twin throwing the blood work out.

Well...
    Gotta get DD in the shower or it'll take another hour to get her to bed!
    Oh, and I'll be back to reply to OTHERS later tonight! That's enough ME ME ME!

Tracy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Tracy!!!!!! So happy for you and your family. What a relief!!

You have had the sh*tiest run - so glad you have finally gotten your good news. So when is your due date?

Now you can finally enjoy your pregnancy!