+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 100 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies,

Steph'smum - welcome to the thread and for your loss. It is such a horrible uncertain time for you. I agree with all the other girls, break it up into smaller chunks and try deal with your stress whichever way works best for you. I ended up having acupuncture every two weeks which really helped me.

Fireflies - hope you are in a bit less pain you poor thing. I love both your names! What did the OB have to say yesterday? Hopefully he listened to you

Super - hello! How are you doing? I keep forgetting to reply to you because I assume you can see it in my m/leave ticker but I have 7 weeks 1 day left of work.... I realised too late if you're reading on a phone you can't see the tickers! Work front has improved a lot today, the one grumpy bum is on his footy trip which means less arguments in the office. The two that were fighting have solved things in typical male style (sweep it under the carpet and don't deal with it properly until the whole issue rears its ugly head again)so no doubt we will be up for the same fight in a few weeks when he is back off A/L!

Shadow - good to hear that you got through the meeting with the DIL. Hopefully that will be the end of it for a while for you and you will get some time to relax and not worry about her.

Okay then that is all from me girls. Back to work! I am still a bit tired from putting the house back together day before yesterday but my nursery is starting to take shape which is SOOOOOO good I still get a bit of a shock when I walk in there, it all seems quite strange to see a cot set up LOL! Quite funny too when DH and I were first looking for cots we were dead set on the ones that you can drop the side with one hand and your leg, then got talked out of it by a lady at one shop who said you will never ever need that feature you have two hands free to put the side down before you grab bub out and again when you have put bub in the cot you have two hands free again to lift the side.... anyway long story short the cot we bought DOESN'T HAVE DROP SIDES AT ALL!!!! How did we not check this? It is the Humphrey's Corner one and I thought the little elephant was so cute on it but it does not have drop sides at all ha ha ha. So anyway I have a strong back I am sure it will be fine, DH thought he was going to be on the end of a hormonal flip out session but I stayed calm ha ha. He keeps telling me he thinks I have been pretty level headed... not sure if he is telling the truth or just trying to make me feel good

Big belly rubs for everyone, to Sniper & Lucky.... and Thee - still thinking of you!!! Can't wait for some action

Bye girlies

Em
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

Still here...

Mela - i love Humphrey's Corner!! Shame about the side though. I am sure you will get used to it though. I am just waiting to hang a couple of pics (that DH painted) on our Nursery wall and then i will post some pics. I am really happy with it and love just standing in there imagining our little girl in there

Lucky - i still worry about something going wrong with my baby. I think DH gets a little annoyed with me cause i keep saying 'What If'. I think its probably a fairly natural thing to worry about. As you said, just try and think of something else or think about how happy you are at the moment.

Shadow - you poor thing - what horrible dreams to be having. Do you have any more scans booked before your 20 week scan? Sorry to hear about your MIL - hopefully you don't have to see her too much! I can't believe you worked out of Target with only some bottles!! Even though we have more then enough of everything, i am still staying away from the sale cause i just know i will grab more stuff 'just in case'!!

Stephsmum- as everyone has said, break it down into weeks. It especially feels better once you get past the same time you lost your . We have all been there and we can understand what you are going through. Remember you can always vent to us...we've all done it!! I can't believe your Sonographer was so insensitive - is it possible to see another one?

Super - glad to hear you are still swimming! I loved doing it cause it was nice to feel weightless for awhile! How did you go setting up the nursery?

FF - still no action??? I might have to get some of the Clary Sage oil and give it a try. BTW, i really like Jayden!! Will he have a middle name?? Sorry to hear that it didn't go well at the Ob yesterday. Hopefully your little man might get the hint and move out soon!!

AFM - back to the Dr again yesterday. My BP was a little high again and swelling has gotten worse around my ankles and hands and a little in my stomach. But he just increased my BP medication and wants me to go back Monday. He said that he probably wouldn't let me go past next Friday so it should be no more then a week before i have my beautiful girl! I am hoping she may come before that but we'll see.

I have been trying to clean/tidy a room a day so when we have an influx of people after bubba arrives, the house shouldn't look that bad! Problem is i keep getting distracted! DH is great though and says not to worry about it cause he can clean before we come home from hospital.

Talking about DH...throughout my pg i have realised how much i love my DH. He has always been great - thoughtful, caring, etc. but since i have been pg, he has been fantastic. He has picked up most of the cleaning and cooking since i was so sick with ms. He won't let me lift anything (even a box of nappies!). The other night he told me how proud he is of me and how i have handled pregnancy so well. I am so lucky and so spoilt. I know our little girl is going to be spoilt rotten and a definite Daddy's girl. I couldn't ask for a better DH. What about you ladies? How have your DH/DP's been?

anyway, enough of a rant from me today! I will keep you in the loop

Look after yourselves and your beautiful bumps

sniper wolf is offline current proud SaHM to 2 humans of varying ages
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    happy thursdays people= almost the weekend!!

Thee - your DH sounds so lovely. I have one of those too. It really is a huge help when you have such good support. Although mine hasnt said i've coped well through all this because I havent- due to 2 x colds and a horrible first trimester i've been whinging and complaining flat out. Still he's put up with it and listened so top marks there. Hope the swelling doesnt get any worse.

Em- my DD is almost 3 and still in her cot with the side up- it's only really down until they can stand and thus get out. after that (so after 1 or so) it stays up, in my experience. Are you tall? I think taller people have it easy negotiating the terrain of cots so tot speak. got to laugh at those guys in your workplace. MEN! they're pretty funny sometimes (at a distance).

shadow- glad you managed the meeting with your mother in law- hopefully they can be kept to a minimum!!

superstar- thumbs up on the exercise front! have you got a theme or colour scheme for your nursery?

fireflie- how did the hospital visit go? love the names!

hi luckyme and anyone else i have missed!

afm- still got a silly cough which isnt fun but i feel a lot better than last week when i was confined to the house. DD had a playdate at our place this morning and then has a dancing lesson this arvo. thursdays are a big day for her. I will be 22 weeks this weekend - OMG.

hope everyone has a good weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly hi girlies!!

Fire - Hope ur OB listens to u and helps u out. love the names!! Good luck and hope things r moving for u very soon.

Mela - OMG what would we do without men? There would be no drama!! lol.

Thee - sadly no i dont have any scans between the 12wk one, and 20wk one. Im seeing my GP in about 2wks, but all he really does is weight, BP and urine. As for the target sale and only walking out with backup bottles... I have almost everything i need!! lol Ive got that many unisex clothes that i dont want to buy anything else until i know what bubs is. We've got nappies, bath, pram, basinette, cot, carseat, rocker, monitor, toys, nappy bag, clothes... So theres not much i could buy really!! lol.
    Ouchies with the BP!! hope it all gets sorted - and by NEXT WEEK!!! OMG!!! I bet u are so excited!! Ur so lucky to have such a caring DH!! Not that mine is bad...but he's not so supportive in that way!! lol...just reminds me how "bad" my hormones are. I didnt think they were They wouldnt be if he would just predict what im thinking and act accordingly - i swear!!! haha

Super - Hope u and ur lil man are travelling well!!

Stephsmum - Good luck tomorrow morning hope u feel better soon

AFM - doing good. nothing to report, no changes. 16wks tomorrow!! Last night i didnt dream at all Thank god!!! I think i was just too tired too.. i remember crawling in and waking up this morning... Dont remember going to the toilet at 4am which mum told me i did...lol

Sorry if i missed anyone!!! Hope we all continue to do well

Sniper - WOW 22wks!! Bet ur so excited!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry for the late update. I will keep it quick.

The OB was a complete a$$. Wouldn't really discuss any options at this stage. Which resulted me bursting into tears.
    He said that they DONT induce people at this stage (i was 37+5weeks). But then went onto say that if I had gestational diabetes or high blood pressure they would induce me... The reason they DONT induce is cause they dont play god... But we can discuss it at my next appointment when I will be 39+3weeks... Yes thats right almost 2 weeks between appointments at this stage.
    I then said what about the option of a c-section, which had been previously discussed at around 28weeks with the lady OB i was seeing for ages and she was happy to discuss it if I got past 34weeks... Well he said that you CANT have an elective c-section... which is utter bullsh!t!!!
    He went & spoke to the head OB/Professor as I was not happy with the options, but as the Prof said the same thing there is nothing that could be done.

I see the Prof at my next appointment and I will not be leaving the hospital without the baby in my arms... Unless he comes sooner...

But I have changed my attitude to be positive instead of negative. I have started rubbing the clary sage oil on my belly, it gives me braxton hicks that do get stronger the more i use it. I am also having a cup of Raspberry tea leaf to help get my cervix ready.

Upside baby is still head down and partially engaged.

I am going to start walking as of tomorrow and I have told DF we are going to be DTD to try & help things along.

Thanks
    Reviews
    awww fire!! *big hugs* what a horrible person they CAN do elective C-sections!! Hope u feel better tomorrow.

Bring on the long walks, spicy food, and endless sessions of DTD!!

TrulyBlessed is offline Winner 2009 - Member you would most like to meet in Real Life
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflies4 View Post
    Welcome to our lovely new thread. Hope you find lots of help and support from this thread. Being pregnant again after a miscarriage can be very scary. Unfortunately we have all experienced this but chatting about our fears and emotions can help deal with it all. Look forward to chatting with everyone.

August

BB000 - EDD 23rd - Boy

October

Thee - EDD 8th - Girl
    Kas3 - EDD 18th - Boy
    Fireflies - EDD 23rd - Boy

November

Onedaymum - EDD 12th -
    Boy4me2009 - EDD 30th -

December

Trulyblessed - EDD 6th - Born in September (need to confirm date)
    Superstarr - EDD 16th -
    Liz1984 - EDD 21st - Surprise
    Melameen - EDD 22nd -

January

Shala - EDD 24th -
    Luckyme1 - EDD 28th -

February

Sniper Wolf - EDD 12th - Surprise
    Lealalove - EDD 16th -

Martina78 -

March

Shadowangel - EDD 25th -

April

May

June
    Olivia was born August 24th

Ok here I was thinking you guys were being quiet again lol. Nope better go back & read.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi All

My due date is now 25th January, so could somebody please change the front page? Also I'm having a boy.

AFM all going well, feeling lots of kicks now which is great, and hubby felt the kick for the first time the other day.

Work is interesting, I'm probably going to have to do 3 flights in the next 4 weeks and then that'll be it for me for travel in the last 6 months. I hope my boss has other work for me to do in the last month and a half otherwise it will get very boring.

My new boss is only temporary and he doesn't really seem that interested in what I'm doing which is pretty depressing. The performance review they did in August was pretty disheartening, but they didn't really talk about my performance well, just on one area, I thought it was terribly done. Since then I'm struggling to get him interested in what I do. I really dislike my job so I'm really looking forward to getting a year off and getting my 4 months paid maternity leave. I'm planning to get pregnant on maternity leave so hopefully I won't have to go back for long. fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lucky and TB I will update the list this afternoon when I'm on the computer.

TB - how is Olivia doing? I read her awesome weight gain on FB she seems to be doing so well. Do you know when you might get to bring her home?

Lucky - that really sucks about the temp boss and the performance review. Sounds like a real douche. I hope it works out and you fall pregnant whilst on leave.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Fireflies I got excited when I saw how early you posted - thought there might have been action! LOL

While you're updating the front page could you add that I am having a girl please? Thanks very much.

Truly Blessed - hope little Olivia is doing well. Good to hear she is gaining weight, last post I read was from a month ago when she was 838 grams, little angel! Hope she is going from strength to strength

Okay off I go... got training to do.

Em
    xx