+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yaayyy Tasha!!! So glad all is well!!! Such a good feeling!!!

Well it ticks over to my due date in like 45 minutes and bubs is still tucked in there!!

Had a stretch & sweep at my ob appointment yesterday which was followed by a fair bit of bleeding! Lost my plug today so hopefully things are really moving and bubs comes out very soon!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Tasha thats great news!! Glad to hear bubs is ok.

Super - omg! Good luck, hope the man moves around for u! Stretch and sweep.....is that exactally what it sounds? They stretch and sweep the cervix? to help bring on labour??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep! They stick one or two fingers in to check for dilation then just stretch it a bit and sweep the bag of waters to try naturally inducing labour!!

It didn't hurt was just uncomfy!! But my cervix was soft and I think the pain can vary depending on how soft/hard the cervix is!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yayyyy super how exciting!!!! Were you dialated at all when he done it? I have a feeling this baby will start things rolling today! I will be thinking of you and keep everything crossed for a fast and easy delivery!

So many ppl on here seem to talk about stretch and sweeps getting done before or very close to their due date. I remember back in the day when i was young haha.. they didn't do anything until at least a week overdue and then induced at 2 weeks over.

Sniper does that make you next in line?

Have a great day ladies and if anybody is free feel free to start my xmas shopping!

sniper wolf is offline current proud SaHM to 2 humans of varying ages
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it goes like this:

superstar
    luckyme (who is around 34 weeks or so I think?)
    not-so-little ol' me (almost 32 weeks)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh such exciting news on this thread lately!! Still rapt for you Tash and Super - Whoooooooo hooooooooo! Come on little man we want you here well in time for Chrissy!!! You're such a wiggle wart so wiggle your way right out of mum into her waiting arms! Oh so excited for you there is just no feeling that compares with the first time you hold/smell your little one, it is the best thing on earth!!! My dh eventually told me to stop sniffing Izzy lol!

Sniper - 32 weeks?! OMG! It is going so fast now! Hope you are taking it as easy as possible wt DD? Is she getting excited for becoming a big sister?

And all you other girls big belly rubs hope u r all well, not sure why I am so happy this morning we wr up half the night wt baby girl crying her eyes out bcos her tummy is sore. Poor little poppet. Anyway I hope to get some sleep today to make up for it, poor DH has to go to work.

Bye girlies

Em
    xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tasha- yeah I was 1cm dilated and soft cervix! Ob suggested it so I figured why not!! I think they like to try this now a few times before actual medical induction!

Em- he's been a bit of a wriggler this morning! That's hilarious about sniffing izzy!! Haha I'll be exactly the same no doubt!

Had a few bh/cx wake me last night but I am still here!! Though have had like 5 tightenings since 7.25! So body is recognizing something... Hoping he come. At the very least over the weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Hello there

OOh Superstar not long to go. Good luck with it all, and I hope to hear some good news from you soon!!

Congratulations Stephsmum and Tasha on some good scan results.

Sniperwolf I think that's how the births are going to go - Superstars next, then I'm due on the 25th January, and then you, about 2 weeks later. Aah, scary that I'm second in line.

But we can't wait to meet our little man, of course we're happy to wait now until he's fully baked at 37 weeks, cos I'm only 34.

Next week I'm going to order all my baby things to be delivered, got to buy a few more clothes for the little man, like a sun hat and socks and a little cardigan. Although I really don't think he's going to need much with the weather being as warm as it is.

I have one more week left of work, which i am dying to get over, but still training my replacement for the next two days which is painful as he really is very slack. But who cares, I'm definitely having my year off, and they're surely going to miss me alot now.

Hello everybody else and I hope you have wonderful days today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow this thread is very positive and upbeat this morning... Im loving it!

Super - Good luck with the lil man. Hope he makes his enterance sooner rather than later for u! Thanx for explaining the whole stretch and sweep thing.. interesting to hear they've got different ways to induce other than having to be pumped full of meds.

Mela - awww poor lil one Hope she feels better today and u can get some much needed sleep! Other than that, i hope shes doing well.

I had a look at fire's list on the front.... Heres what we've got in order from her list
    Superstarr
    Liz1984
    Shala
    Luckyme1
    Sniper Wolf

AFM - 26 weeks!! The lil man is changing his routine. I used to be able to pick distinct times for kicks...but he's changed it all! He's had me worried a few times in the past week from being so quiet when ive expected it, But as im sitting here im getting a few nice thuds which is great Ive come to the conclusion he's starting to run out of room, so he moves more than he can give nice hard kicks. (Thats my story and im sticking to it) lol

And on the room side... Im STILL waiting to visibly pop!! UGH. Yesterday i was still running around in pre-pregnancy 3/4 cotton cargo pants - done up properly!! I can feel my stomach is tighter (solid like a rock in some spots) but even yesterday, mum was talking to our neighbour...and said "did u know im going to be a grandma in march? My daughters almost 6mnths pregnant" the neighbour had no idea!! AND we see each other out front atleast 3 times a week!! But on that lol im finding now i wake up to roll over in bed, and sometimes think im walking with a waddle already! lol

Anyway enough from me. I should go get the rest of our christmas shopping done since i have the day off work. Take care girlies!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Go super! Can't wait to hear of bubs arrival!!!!