+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    sniper wolf is offline current proud SaHM to 2 humans of varying ages
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    29 weeks today!
    yay! will be flying solo tommorrow through to thursday night as DF is away at a conference... got somework to do from home today. baby kicking up storm at various intervals. a bit of has returned. bp back down too which is good.

hi to everyone reading and stephsmum glad your NT went well.

tasha- how did yours go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Sniper!! Thats going so quick now!!! I remember when you had ur morph scan!! Maybe even the NT one... but not 100% sure on that one. Cant believe how fast its going for u now!!

AFM - cruising along well 23+3 today starting to relax a little finally I put our change table together yesterday...things are starting to come together.

Sorry Em i didnt answer ur question the other day about what capsule i was getting... I didnt end up going anyway. Had some major family issues and had to stay home and make sure older bro didnt carry out his threat to mum from the night before. (then ended up in court the next day over it but things are ok now)

BUT im looking at the Safe n Sound Unity Capsule. Purely because I can buy an adaptor for our pram so it snaps into that as well, and becomes a wicked travel system with capsule, pram or basinette. Later on can add a toddler seat or those hitch-hiker board things.

Ive just got to decide where to purchase it from now... Baby bunting sell them for $280 - BUT its a 3hr drive each way. OR i can get them where i plan to birth and see my OB for $350 with an hours drive each way.

Im also looking at a sling as well (Has anyone tried or seen the minimonkey sling? - can be used from birth and cradles bubs, then bubs can sit foward, on the side, and can even be used on the cot as a hammock for small babies) ...then im totally set with major purchases out of the way. just need things like grooming/bathing/changing items which i can grab over time with our shopping.

Hows the little miss going Em?? Hope that shes getting stronger and u can take her home soon. Fingers crossed for you.

Super - how are u travelling? Hope the little man is working on making his enterance for u.

to everyone else... Tasha, Addison, Frenchy, Stephs... Sorry if ive forgotten anyone my memory sucks! Hope we're all doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Em - so glad things are going well for you!
    Hi to everyone else! Am glad everyone seems to be doing really well
    Am after some advice. We are not 12 wks until after Xmas, and don't like telling anyone until after that time, just due to m/c risk etc. So any ideas how to get through Xmas day? We are going to the inlaws for the day, which would almost always mean I would drink LOL. Would just really prefer no one knew or guessed.
    Thanks in advance!
    Belly rubs to all x

Thanks
    Reviews
    you have a few options:

1. be the designated driver, it's "your turn" and you want to earn some credits for "a big night soon".
    2. take your own drink and pretend it is alcohol (this is a hard road, be preapred to answer questions)
    3. say you aren't feeling well and dont want to risk this turning into a big cold so u are laying low that day grog wise.
    4. tell them you are trying to get up the duff and are in the 2nd part of the month and might be so dont want to risk it
    5. you're on a diet that involves no alcohol (another hard road that has implications for what you eat).

there's a few, i'd run with 1 or 3 or even 4 depending how comfortable you are with the people on the day.

shadow- yeah it is sort of going fast- but am feeling the effects of it so I am looking forward to the end. Once 30 weeks is hit- it really does feel like the final stretch. oh and there's absolutely no way i'd do a 6 hour trip to save $70. unless there was other things to be gotten from the trip. sorry about your family issues, hope they calm down for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah sniper i know... $70... we'd blow more than that on petrol and meals for the day....just more thinking because i know id be able to see it - and a range of others...where if it was brought an hour away there may not be as much choice.... Also want a sling and want some choice with choosing that. The baby shop that stocks them an hour away isnt very big and only has 2-3 of each item and u have to order the rest....Im leaning towards that because my next app is Jan 5th and can just get it all there...but then the ability to have choice....and go xmas shopping with a HEAP more options...hmmm. lol
    Family issues have eased for now- Mum took out an intervention order so he cant commit acts of family/domestic violence now, otherwise he faces 2yrs in prison with just a single call to the cops.

Id do 1 or 3, even 5 of the options above...but then im not really a drinker so 1 normally works for me. Other things i USED to say were "I just dont feel like it" lol but then i wasnt even TTC at that stage so never had to worry about what people would think.

Does anyone know uve been to doctors yet? U could pull #5 off by saying he is trialing a special diet doesnt want u to have alcohol? Take a look at the scope of food, then make up ur own rules based on whats there lol... e.g. "He's said to eat small amounts of lean meat and salads, limited carbs" which is a pretty standard thing anyways lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Massive congratulations Em!! I haven't been looking in here lately and just noticed your beautiful news

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls,

sorry i havent posted for days. By the time i get in from work im ready for bed!

Sniper.. yay on 29 weeks!! That does seem to be going so fast!

Stephsmum.. congrats on the great scan!

Ezekielsmum.. the only other advice i can offer is say your on antibiotics for some infection and can't drink? I used that one at my xmas party with my last pregnancy and nobody questioned it

Shadow.. does baby bunting have an online order system at all? I wouldnt drive that far to save the money as you would use it in petrol anyway but i would shop around online and see if you can get it that way maybe?

afm... nuchal scan went really well!! Risk factor came back at the level of a 15 year old so i am stoked with that! I still can't relax though even though i have passed the 12 week mark. I don't think i will ever stop worrying!

Hope all the new babies and mums are doing well

Hi to anybody i missed xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls, just me quick. Our little girl us still doing really well, her feed tube is out and she is doing all sucking feeds either on me or wt a bottle if it is at night when I go home. They are planning on discharging us tmrw provided she puts on enough weight when they pop her on the scales in the morning. There is a slight chance of us being moved from special care to pediatrics if a sicker baby comes in this afternoon which would mean I can stay the night wt her. So anyway all getting v exciting just want her home so we can start our lives together! Having to leave her here on Friday night was the worst thing I have ever done I felt like someone had pulled my heart right out of my chest! Hope u r all well, I haven't read the thread in ages just thought I would give u an update. Em xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gosh Em, Leaving her would've been so hard Its made me cry just thinking that the hospitals actually make people leave their bubbas I think id end up chaining myself to bubs cot if they asked me to leave like that!

Hope ur doing well and are ok with it now Also, its awesome news that she may be comming home tomorrow!! Bet ur so excited!! Fingers crossed she's put on enough weight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Em- it's great that she is nealry home with you now and that feeding sounds like it is going well. Yay for you- it still must be a shock to have had her come so suddenly when you were about to go on leave etc and prepare for her birth in a few weeks.

tasha- yay yay yay for your good NT results. you say results of a 15 year old? wow- go you!

hi shadown and everyone else reading

flying solo here until thursday. DD had her dancing concert this morning which was very cute as she dressed up like a little mouse. She is currently in bed and I am waiting for her to go to sleep so i can play zombies multiplayer online before i zonk out asleep. the end.