+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Tasha - sorry about the delayed response. But im SO GLAD that everything has worked out well for you at this stage. As for the drinking...is there a drink that looks like wine? Or could u go raspberry and say u got a vodka and raspberry? lol.... Im not a drinker anyway and just use the "ill be Designated driver. I dont mind" excuse whenever i didnt want to drink

Ezekielsmum - YAY!! Glad everythings looking as well as it can be. And at least the pain isnt eptopic!!! bet you are really relieved!! Good luck at your appointment!

AFM - HUGE weekend, Bro/SIL/Preggers niece came down. My lil bro turns 21 today. We all went out last night for dinner, and me being me, offered to run bro and friends over town as a little something extra so they could enjoy the night a bit more...... Which ended up with me taking my little man to his first ever nightclub and sitting there till it CLOSED at 3am... in low heeled stilletos..lol It was a good night, and i was just happy to see them get home safe.

Bubs wasnt too impressed with the loud music though, as i got kicked the entire time we were there! Also got busted by a girl i worked with who knows im pregnant... and i quote... "What the $#^#!!!! Are you doing here?! Your pregnant!!!" lol guess she did have a point ...the only nightclub in town, at 2am and 22wks pregnant...oops!! Oh well, i wasnt drinking, not near smokers...I was basically a tag-along-taxi. lol

Anyways, makes for a VERY long day today - didnt get to bed till 4am and was up again at 11 to be at work by 11.30.......Ill finish around 9.30-10pm tonight. Already feeling the drag...but i know if i do get really tired i can give mum a call and she will take over....so ill just go as long as i can.

Other than that - should be going to buy our capsule from baby bunting tomorrow this involves a car trip 3hrs each way...but have tied it in with an appointment dad has in Geelong so shouldnt be too bad. He can drive till we hit geelong then its my turn. (My car... he's an ex interstate truckie and STILL Thinks he can turn from the centre lane which is a bit scary!!)

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning girllies! How is everyone doing?

Ezekielsmum - I had the same problem with my new app on the iphone! Glad your scan showed no ectopic, the countdown is on until your first OB apt!

Shadow - you deserve a medal for managing to stay out that late! I would have flaked it WAAAAAY earlier. Hope you have fun on your shopping trip today, which capsule did you end up choosing?

Hope everyone else had a great weekend....

AFM - last week of work this week! Part of me is freaking out because I don't know what I am going to do with myself to keep busy and the whole worker to Mummy Mode mental adjustment is taking some getting used to. But then the other part thinks thank god this can't come soon enough because I am SO uncomfortable at my desk! I seriously can't breathe/reach my keyboard at the same time... Plus Melbourne has turned on a week of over 30 degree days for my last week so no doubt I will be hot and bothered with swollen feet in no time!

Been having a lot of trouble sleeping, any other third tri mum's feeling the same?? Too hot too big too uncomfy and the dreams I am having are just horrible! I then keep lying awake stressing out about things.. think it is because I am not completely organised and have been asked about a MILLION times on the weekend when we were at the races "Have you packed your bag? Are you organised?" etc etc etc. And then I love all the randoms who come up to you feeling that they have to share their birth story/horrendous preggo experience with you just because you have a bump! Aaaah the joys...

Anyway girls I am cleaning off my PC for my replacement to start using. A job more boring than watching paint dry I might add! Hope you all have a fantastic week.

Em
    xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Em- it's amazing how easy it is to fill in time!! This is my 4th week off and it has gone sooo fast!! Between cleaning, baking (a new hobby), my afternoon naps and a walk the days are over before you know it!!

I'm still yet to pack my bag- I think then it makes it real that I'm going to be pushing this baby out very soon!! Eep!! Otherwise we're fairly organised!

Haven't been swimming for the last 2 weeks- found I would just end up walking up and down so I've stuck to walking! Ob appointment tomorrow so hopefully he tells me bub is locked in and ready to go!!

Wad looking at dp's baby pics at FIL house and he was just such a cute baby it makes me so excited to meet this little one as all my dreams I've had he looks exactly like dp!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone, I really need some advice. My mother is being so controlling with this pregnancy. I am constantly getting nagged about what I should and shouldn't be eating and doing. I left her house in tears last night coz I got upped for eating liquorish, not exercising enough, not drinking enough, being too tired, having a piece of my SIL's birthday cake (and the list never ends!) When I'm not with her she is calling me to 'remind' me about it all. She is making me feel like a horrible mother and that I'm just the carrier of her grandchild (and doing a crap job at it!)

I'm so depressed now that I was praying that I would lose the bub so she would just stop! I know that's really aweful and I feel sick for thinking it but I am just so upset and want her to back off a little. I have asked her several times to tone it down but she just gets worse! I told her that after all this I won't be having another child to get this treatment again and she just shrugged and said "Oh well, I only need one!" I don't know how much more I can take and at this rate I'm either going to lose my mum or my bub

Sorry for the rant, I just need some advice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh jaci..I don't know what to say but I'm sending big hugs to you!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jaci, so sorry you are having so much grief, during what should be a happy time, sending you big hugs.
    Not sure if you should do this, but if I was you I would probably cut back contact with your mum for a bit, if you are able. Don't answer the phone if you think it is her etc. Maybe after some silence from you she might get the idea that her so called advice is not welcome?!?
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Geez Jaci you are having a very hard time. I don't have experience of the situation you are in myself but I do know the minute you are pregnant everyone seems to think they have a right to tell you what to do/not to do. It isn't right but it seems to be the way of the world.

All I can say is YOU and YOUR BUB are the most important things at the moment!! That means you need to take care of yourself and put yourself and your feelings first. If your mum is being uncaring enough to purposefully upset you then maybe you need to distance yourself from her, even if it is just for a little while to give yourself a break until you are more able to cope with her "opinions".

Can your partner intervene/take your mum's calls/just get you a bit of breathing room for the moment? You are having a hard enough time dealing with being pregnant after a m/c, we all know how stressful it is. People who add to that stress need to be avoided even if it is just for a little while.

Hope you get a bit of a break from this horrible situation. Be kind to yourself, you DO NOT need any more stress at the moment!!!

Em.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. DH said the same thing so I'm going to have a break from her for awhile and see if she calms down a bit. I understand this is her first grandchild and she is VERY excited but she needs to realise that she is the grandparent NOT the mother this time and needs to let me enjoy my pregnancy and make my own decisions. Hopefully a few weeks apart will do some good coz we have actually booked a Christmas cruise for the family and it will be a bit awkward if things aren't resolved by then. I may end up jumping overboard yet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls, just a little update from me... My waters have broken and we are off to hospital!! Oh my goodness! Will let u know how we go, Em xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Melameen View Post
    Hey girls, just a little update from me... My waters have broken and we are off to hospital!! Oh my goodness! Will let u know how we go, Em xxxx
    Good luck!!!!

AFM: I am a few days off 12 weeks and worried about my NT scan on Friday, once we see bubba is strong and healthy then I think I will be able to relax this pregnancy!