+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lucky- it's odd finding out one thing when you thought you were having the other! I'd always envisioned a girl- but am now so attached to the little guy inside I'd be upset if I suddenly found out now he was a girl! He's my little man!!
    So happy you are feeling constant movements! Such a good feeling- and always the reassurance!!

I swear I have the pointiest kid ever inside!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello girls!

I am going to sit here and type a proper post to all of you and anyone who wants to come and bother me is just going to have to b*gger off. Two weeks of work to go today ladies... got a bit overexcited last week and thought I was a week ahead of where I actually am LOL but this time I know it is two weeks.

Shadow - congrats on your blue news. I was the same as Super, Lucky & yourself, convinced I was having the opposite and it took me a while to get used to the idea. Thank goodness we found out and didn't leave it til the birth or I would have been shell shocked at delivering a daughter then! Anyway the most exciting news of all is that there is a perfect healthy bub in there!

Super - good to hear you are getting stuff done on m/leave and are ready for your baby shower. And how cute you got to see your little man again and he is measuring spot on, did he look really cramped now? They have so much room to move in the early scans I always wonder if by now they have their feet stuck up their nose etc! If you have the pointiest most active kid I have the most laid back one! This little girl is so relaxed she only gives me a wiggle/stretch every now and then and if I am busy I honestly don't even notice! The midwife we saw the other night was stressing me out saying "you should really be feeling kicks etc" well I often don't!! But her heartrate is perfect and she is fine and growing so I am choosing to ignore that midwife! Yep the race is on out of you and me to see who pops first, I have already started taking raspberry leaf extract to try and make sure I go early! Not that there is any proof of it working LOL. I want my darling daughter to spend Chrissy with us!

Lol little miss just decided to give me a punch and remind me she does move, even though it isn't very often!

Sniper - hellooooooo! Hope you have a good day while DD is at creche. I reckon you should get some gaming time in, the washing/cleaning whatever will be there waiting for you when you're finished! Aldo good you got past the GD test, I am still trying to get my blimming results sent through to the midwife clinic stupid healthscope/gribbles just seem to ignore my requests! But my gp saw them and said no action so I am assuming it is all good LOL!

KazzyC - a big congrats on your BFP and welcome back to the thread. Sending you lots of for a super healthy and sticky pregnancy We were third time lucky with this little girl after two successive m/c, hopefully it is the same for you.

And ditto the welcome for Jaci84 if I haven't already welcomed you! Congrats on a healthy first scan.

Ezekielsmum good to hear your pain has stopped, sorry I didn't post in time to give you any useful advice but I had a lot of nasty pully poky stretchy strange pains in my first 12 weeks. You're never sure what is normal are you? Good to hear it has settled down anyway. I have an iphone and have downloaded the new app, it's pretty good isn't it? I still prefer posting on the computer though because my preggo brain doesn't allow me to remember more than two posts back!

Rosily how are you hun? Biggest for the loss of one bubba, it must be such an emotional time for you grieving the loss of one twin but hoping for the best for the other. Please update us when you are able on how you are doing and if there is any more news/if you have had more scans etc. Sending you lots of positive vibes for your remaining little one.

Okay I think that is all I needed to reply to? If I have forgotten anyone I am very sorry it is not intentional.

AFM - past 34 weeks already and on the downward slide to the end! As I mentioned earlier I have started taking raspberry leaf to try and get things happening sooner. ho knows if it will work or not but the bottle said it is safe for 3rd tri and I googled it and they all said safe from 32 weeks onwards so I reckon I am alright! Not sure if I am imagining it but had a couple extra baxton hicks since starting taking it so maybe????? But this morning the pain could be the fact I have no self control and ate a WHOLE pineapple last night. I cut it thinking I could eat some and put the rest in the fridge but obviously not!! What a piggy. I am finding things a lot harder these days and had a real whingy sook attack on Sunday night, poor DH didn't know what to do with me! I had a real busy week at work and had not been sleeping, we had his whole family over (13 adults 4 kidlets) over for a bbq that Saturday and I was a bit overtired from that, I look like someone stuck a hose in my mouth and has inflated me, my feet have started swelling and my skin has gone like a crocodile all flaky and feral, anyway long story short I woke up and he mentioned to me me that my snoring was keeping him awake and OMG did I throw a tantrum! Bawling my eyes out inconsolably about the fact I am huge and horrible and can't get comfy in bed can't sleep bla bla bla bla bla etc etc etc until I finally fell asleep only to be woken up by HIM snoring!!!! So I recorded it on my phone woke him up and replayed it to him saying well you snore every night buddy so learn to deal with it I have an excuse!!! Ha ha I can laugh about it now but at the time it was not funny. He still maintains I have been quite level headed all through this preg but the poor thing might start revising his opinion soon

Work is getting a lot harder but I am going to keep working til the 26th, everyone is nagging at me to stop earlier but if I am home all I will do is go on a mental cleaning mission inventing rubbish for me to do! I am the least restful person I know I struggle to sit still, spent yesterday afternoon lying down with my cankles elevated (trying to clear the swelling) only to then feel the need to HAVE to do something so I did the ironing and they blew up bigger than ever and my right foor feels like an overcooked sausage this morning. Lovely.

I am starting to do baby girl's washing now and have so far done all her towels, wraps and most of her bedding. Going to start on the clothes soon but it is meant to rain so will have to wait for some sunshine.

Had a midwife apt the other night with the least pleasant one I have ever come across, usually they are so lovely! Anyway not to worry bubs heartrate was good and strong and even though she was trying to worry me about the not moving so often thing I know every baby is different and my girl is absolutely fine. I am also measuring spot on now which is good news, last apt I was 2 weeks ahead which had me worried about monster baby syndrome.

And now for a TMI segment.... anyone on here (or you established mamas who still read the thread - Fire, Thee or Una) can give me any feedback on perineal massage and whether or not it is worth it? I am doing what I can to get ready for labour, still walk say 4 days out of the week (can still do 4km it just takes me longer!), am doing squatting and tailor sitting exercises and pelvic floor thingos but this p/m has me stumped! I would love to hear from anyone who either thinks it is worth it or that it is a load of hooey!!! Lol to all you earlier on first time mummies, don't be googling it yet it is seriously TMI. Well it was for me anyway!!! Maybe I have a low tolerance for these things

Okie dokie that is about all I can think of now now, lucky I only post every week or so when you see the length of this one! Blah blah blah!

Big belly rubs to everyone, hope you are all doing well.

Love Em
    xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Good so see everyone is going along well . Had my Dr appointment on Tuesday, he's not concerned with the bleed I had as I havent had anymore since then. Got my referal for NT scan, have bloods this week and scan in 2 weeks, well I need to make the appointment but am planning on having it in two weeks lol.

I find myself stressing about telling everyone at work now, won't be saying anything until after we reach 12 weeks so have two weeks to go, but I have been worried for a while now. I get the feeling they won't be very happy for me as I will be leaving to have bub just before my boss goes to Europe on an extended holiday, and the other office girl is not the brightest spark nor does she have many fans in the workshop! I just have to hope the boss will hire someone to take my job who is competant like me! I do think they will find it funny bub is due when I was supposed to get married, the boss is still asking me questions about wedding preps, have to brush him off, have just said we are waiting til after my daughters birthday (in 2 1/2 weeks) before we start organising anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to hear your dr is happy with you Stephsmum and that you have had no more bleeding since.

I know it is hard but you have to let your work sort themselves out. I had been stressing about it too but in the end have given up and figured they will have to work it out for themselves! They aren't your kids, just work colleagues and they are all adults so they can sort their own lives out!

Easier said than done I know I had the same problem and was really wound up about it for a while, especially when every second person kept coming up saying "you're leaving? what are we going to do??" etc etc! I mean it is not like they had no advance warning that we were planning a family because they knew about our two m/c, Squirt (our first bub) would have been going on 7 months old by now!

I have found it is only now coming in to close to when I have to leave that I am more focused on my own needs and figure they will just have to take care of themselves... if the place burns down and they all kill each other before I return to work then so be it!

Take care, hope the two weeks til your nuchal scan goes quick and good luck for breaking the fantastic news to your work!

Em
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Melameen View Post
    Super - good to hear you are getting stuff done on m/leave and are ready for your baby shower. And how cute you got to see your little man again and he is measuring spot on, did he look really cramped now? They have so much room to move in the early scans I always wonder if by now they have their feet stuck up their nose etc! If you have the pointiest most active kid I have the most laid back one! This little girl is so relaxed she only gives me a wiggle/stretch every now and then and if I am busy I honestly don't even notice! The midwife we saw the other night was stressing me out saying "you should really be feeling kicks etc" well I often don't!! But her heartrate is perfect and she is fine and growing so I am choosing to ignore that midwife! Yep the race is on out of you and me to see who pops first, I have already started taking raspberry leaf extract to try and make sure I go early! Not that there is any proof of it working LOL. I want my darling daughter to spend Chrissy with us!

Lol little miss just decided to give me a punch and remind me she does move, even though it isn't very often!

AFM - past 34 weeks already and on the downward slide to the end! As I mentioned earlier I have started taking raspberry leaf to try and get things happening sooner. ho knows if it will work or not but the bottle said it is safe for 3rd tri and I googled it and they all said safe from 32 weeks onwards so I reckon I am alright! Not sure if I am imagining it but had a couple extra baxton hicks since starting taking it so maybe????? But this morning the pain could be the fact I have no self control and ate a WHOLE pineapple last night. I cut it thinking I could eat some and put the rest in the fridge but obviously not!! What a piggy. I am finding things a lot harder these days and had a real whingy sook attack on Sunday night, poor DH didn't know what to do with me! I had a real busy week at work and had not been sleeping, we had his whole family over (13 adults 4 kidlets) over for a bbq that Saturday and I was a bit overtired from that, I look like someone stuck a hose in my mouth and has inflated me, my feet have started swelling and my skin has gone like a crocodile all flaky and feral, anyway long story short I woke up and he mentioned to me me that my snoring was keeping him awake and OMG did I throw a tantrum! Bawling my eyes out inconsolably about the fact I am huge and horrible and can't get comfy in bed can't sleep bla bla bla bla bla etc etc etc until I finally fell asleep only to be woken up by HIM snoring!!!! So I recorded it on my phone woke him up and replayed it to him saying well you snore every night buddy so learn to deal with it I have an excuse!!! Ha ha I can laugh about it now but at the time it was not funny. He still maintains I have been quite level headed all through this preg but the poor thing might start revising his opinion soon

Work is getting a lot harder but I am going to keep working til the 26th, everyone is nagging at me to stop earlier but if I am home all I will do is go on a mental cleaning mission inventing rubbish for me to do! I am the least restful person I know I struggle to sit still, spent yesterday afternoon lying down with my cankles elevated (trying to clear the swelling) only to then feel the need to HAVE to do something so I did the ironing and they blew up bigger than ever and my right foor feels like an overcooked sausage this morning. Lovely.

I am starting to do baby girl's washing now and have so far done all her towels, wraps and most of her bedding. Going to start on the clothes soon but it is meant to rain so will have to wait for some sunshine.

Had a midwife apt the other night with the least pleasant one I have ever come across, usually they are so lovely! Anyway not to worry bubs heartrate was good and strong and even though she was trying to worry me about the not moving so often thing I know every baby is different and my girl is absolutely fine. I am also measuring spot on now which is good news, last apt I was 2 weeks ahead which had me worried about monster baby syndrome.

And now for a TMI segment.... anyone on here (or you established mamas who still read the thread - Fire, Thee or Una) can give me any feedback on perineal massage and whether or not it is worth it? I am doing what I can to get ready for labour, still walk say 4 days out of the week (can still do 4km it just takes me longer!), am doing squatting and tailor sitting exercises and pelvic floor thingos but this p/m has me stumped! I would love to hear from anyone who either thinks it is worth it or that it is a load of hooey!!! Lol to all you earlier on first time mummies, don't be googling it yet it is seriously TMI. Well it was for me anyway!!! Maybe I have a low tolerance for these things

Okie dokie that is about all I can think of now now, lucky I only post every week or so when you see the length of this one! Blah blah blah!

Big belly rubs to everyone, hope you are all doing well.

Love Em
    xxx
    MAkes me laugh that you said you'd think they have their feet stuck up their nose - at our 28 week scan he was actually itching his eye with his big toe! Then he kissed his foot!! He seems to have found room by just not caring about me! His back generally runs up the left side and then he stretches his legs out and gives me a big kick on the right hand side - under the ribs or sometimes I end up just with a pointy foot jutting out of the side! Its very alien like and weird! But yes he is constantly on the go! Apparently DP was the same! But I'm thinking after last night when he was having a good stretch that he has his daddy's very long legs!!

I'm also just carrying all baby so even the most minor movement can be seen from the outside!! Still never fails to make me laugh!!

I started taking the Raspberry Leaf tablets a few weeks ago but found I had a reaction to them so that only lasted a week ( just got very itchy skin and a small rash on the small of my back - seemed to stop when I stopped taking them so it's what I can put it down too!!) So a bit annoyed about that!!

Baby wise we are as organised as can be! My sister dropped the car seat around the other day so I can pop that in as soon as I can be bothered! Still have to pack my damn hospital bags! I've got everything...I just can't be bothered putting it into bags!!!

Lets hope we both have our bubbas home for xmas! I still have strong feeling I'll go early!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone!
    Just popping in to see who's ready to pop next! Can't wait to hear about the next little miracle to arrive!

Em - re perineal massage. I didn't bother with it and my obs seemed to think it doesn't make that much difference (unless you use an Epi-No device). I ended up with no tears, just a small graze that required one stitch (didn't even feel it) -- I think that positioning and good pushing technique (and a great obs) helped me out the most. I found the book "Birth Skills" great at explaining the labour process and it gave me a really good understanding of what my body was doing and what I needed to do, if you can get your hands on a copy. Good luck!

AFM my little boy is doing wonderfully. We're over the initial crazy newborn stage and things are much more settled. It's a lovely time and we're very happy

Belly rubs to all
    xx Bec

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BB,

Is there a chat for us once bubs are born? My little (not so little at 4.7kg) man is 3weeks old.
    I'm sure I've read somewhere that there was but that was ages ago.

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is well.

Belly rubs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflies4 View Post
    Hi BB,

Is there a chat for us once bubs are born? My little (not so little at 4.7kg) man is 3weeks old.
    I'm sure I've read somewhere that there was but that was ages ago.

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is well.

Belly rubs
    there's this one:
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=275931

but it's a little quiet at the mo...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BB000 View Post
    Hi everyone!
    Just popping in to see who's ready to pop next! Can't wait to hear about the next little miracle to arrive!

Em - re perineal massage. I didn't bother with it and my obs seemed to think it doesn't make that much difference (unless you use an Epi-No device). I ended up with no tears, just a small graze that required one stitch (didn't even feel it) -- I think that positioning and good pushing technique (and a great obs) helped me out the most. I found the book "Birth Skills" great at explaining the labour process and it gave me a really good understanding of what my body was doing and what I needed to do, if you can get your hands on a copy. Good luck!

AFM my little boy is doing wonderfully. We're over the initial crazy newborn stage and things are much more settled. It's a lovely time and we're very happy

Belly rubs to all
    xx Bec
    Thanks Bec! Just bought a copy of birth skills online... Should make interesting reading! Good to hear everything going great for you and your little man. Em xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Em - First lol re the perineal massage!!! Ok warning first to early preggies, big TMI coming up.... I was a good little girl and did all right things prior to birth as far as massage, PC exercises etc etc, then during the birth used a TENS machine (btw very highly recommended) to limit the need for drugs and I still ended up with a 3rd almost 4th degree tear. :-( So my advice would be to carry on doing it as it can't hurt. I dread to think what could have happened if I hadn't done it!

Anyway enough of that, can't believe you're so close to holding your little girl. Its a trip!!!

Bec & Fire - I've been hanging out for you guys to join the new thread, it's way to quiet !!!!

AFM - little miss Z is now 5 months old !?!?! Crazy !! And she had her first mouthful of solid food yesterday, her little face was classic !!!

Love and belly rubs to all xoxo
    Last edited by Una; 12-11-2010 at 19:52.