+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 100 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think maybe it was to early. Could your dates be out by a few days??

If there was a sac & fetal pole that is good news.

I hope the dates are wrong & when you go back there is a happy healthy baby in there with a heart beating away.

Bleeding isn't always bad. Remember a lot of us bled during our pregnancy and have gone on to give birth to happy healthy babies (I am one of them). I bled from 9weeks till 18weeks. Bright red, with clots!!

Also did they do an internal or external scan??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fireflies - Thanks for responding. They did an internal scan and he said the baby was in the right spot and definately could see the fetal pole but no sign of a heartbeat.
    I am fairly sure of my dates my cycles are pretty regular but with my other pregnancies I have never had a scan this early (earliest was 8 weeks)

Thanks for the reassurance though it is good to know that the bleeding you have had hasn't effected your baby so I am not going to lose hope just not going to get my hopes up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my first scan at 6weeks4days. I was 100% sure of my dates but I was actually a few days out and was really 6weeks6days when I had myit scan. I had an external and saw a heartbeat.

I am guessing if you are only just 6weeks then its possibly to early.

Grinnyswife is offline Love is the answer at least for most of the questions in my heart
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry rosily
    How stressful for u.

I went in at six weeks, sure if dates, I know when I ovulated, they didn't see hb on external scan. Told me bub had died.
    Then they did an internal to 'confirm' it & still nothing.
    Then my hcg came Back at almost 13000 so he looked a little harder. Took forever but he found it.
    I went to another place 3 days later as my bleeding got worse over weekend.. They took quite a while to find hb too and had me mesuring 3 days behind, at 5 n 4. So I was only 5 n 1 when I went in first time.
    While u know when u ovulate etc, u can't be certain when the lil spermy meets the egg.. Which means u can easily be a few days out.
    Although I was told when I had my missed miscarriage, when there's a fetal pole there should b a hb..????
    I'm not sure this is always the case though.
    U may find some helpful info in misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com
    My miscarriage at 8 weeks 4 days, measured 6 weeks 5 days, they told me I had most certainly lost my baby as they expect to see a hb by about 6 weeks, sometimes earlier.. But again there are stories proving otherwise.
    I know waiting it out is the most painful thing ever so sorry u are going thru this. Feel free to pm me anytime xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    omg rosily Im not sure what to say, and cant really say anything different to what anyone else has said. Im not sure about when u can see a HB and when u cant.

Fingers crossed for u bubs was hiding and it will be there beating away strongly for u next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi rosily, I'm so sorry the scan came back horrible it sounds like there still may be some hope for you. So I'm keeping all my fingers crossed for you for the next one. Listen to the doctor it may still be ok.
    AFM I'm 28 weeks today so I'm counting down till I go on maternity leave. Still have a little bad thought that something may go wrong, which I know is not rational, but I think it's a little bit of a protection mechanism. But can't wait to meet our little boy in Jan. Saying that he was kicking heaps yesterday and I'm going to buy the buggy and bassinet and changing table on Friday on Friday and put it on Layby. I also have an exam on Thursday, then uni is over until I take it up again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rosalie, ok I have a long but happy story for you :-) ok I went to my doctor he said congrats your 6 weeks pregnant ( hope u don't want an abortion, asi don't sabres with them). Lucky I didn't want one!!!, them was sent for a 8.5 week scan all rhe sonographer could see was a sac no baby no heart beat. She said your baby has died go to f hospital and ask to be cleaned out. I refused and went home and balled my eyes out to my mum. 2 weeks later I started bleeding mum took me to the hospital they said we will do a d&c one amazing nurse said I think we should do a u/s first. Well there was a lvely strong heart beat and I was 13 weeks pregnant, she explainedto me some babys don't grow like the rest and have growth spurts so what I'm saying is trust in your body Hun
    and the moral of the story is I now have a very beUtiful 2&1/2 year old dd
    god bless you darlin

Thanks
    Reviews
    rosily....I know its really hard but you need to stay positive until you know for sure otherwise....

I also had an ultrasound at what we thought was about 8 weeks....sac no heartbeat. I was told to go and have a D & C. I left distraught....rang my GP who said to wait three weeks and have another scan, maybe it was just too early....that three weeks was the longest ever! But at the next scan I was 8 wk 4 days and bubba was fine - I must have been just shy of 6 weeks when I had the first scan...they pretend scans are accurate and that all babies develop at the same rate - how would they know really!! People don't develop at the same rate!! My DD was fine, I have since had two miscarriages so I know what you're going through....and it doesn't always end happily....but it might.....I'll keep my for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for all your support it really means a lot to me.

Grinny thanks for all the info. I asked about checking my HCG is going up but Dr seems to think I might as well wait til I have another scan. My last preg my HCG was so high they though I was having twins which wasn't the case however later they determined that it was because babies with chromosomal abnormalities can apparently produce high HCG levels. I had never heard this before but it does fit with what happend. I will have a look at that site. Thanks for your support you seem like such a lovely person and I do appreciate it.

Mylesmum thanks for your positive story I am trying not to lose hope and just hope that there is good news next week.

Shaz thanks gosh it must have been hard to wait 3 weeks! I am not sure how I am going to wait til next week even but I am glad to hear everything worked out with your DD.

I am really trying not to stress. Bleeding is coming and going but it isn't really heavy but last time I had no indication that the baby had died so my intuition is not all that great.
    DH told me last night that this is it if I miscarry we will not ttc again. He thinks we need to move on with our lives. He also told me if I miscarry that it will be my own fault for stressing so much. I know he is hurting at the moment but he really upset me. He truly is the king of insensitive comments. I wish he could talk to me about how he feels it makes me feel so alone.
    I really do love the support I have gotten here it is nice to talk somewhere about how I feel. Thanks everyone hope you are all doing well.

Grinnyswife is offline Love is the answer at least for most of the questions in my heart
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosily View Post
    Thanks everyone for all your support it really means a lot to me.

Grinny thanks for all the info. I asked about checking my HCG is going up but Dr seems to think I might as well wait til I have another scan. My last preg my HCG was so high they though I was having twins which wasn't the case however later they determined that it was because babies with chromosomal abnormalities can apparently produce high HCG levels. I had never heard this before but it does fit with what happend. I will have a look at that site. Thanks for your support you seem like such a lovely person and I do appreciate it.

Mylesmum thanks for your positive story I am trying not to lose hope and just hope that there is good news next week.

Shaz thanks gosh it must have been hard to wait 3 weeks! I am not sure how I am going to wait til next week even but I am glad to hear everything worked out with your DD.

I am really trying not to stress. Bleeding is coming and going but it isn't really heavy but last time I had no indication that the baby had died so my intuition is not all that great.
    DH told me last night that this is it if I miscarry we will not ttc again. He thinks we need to move on with our lives. He also told me if I miscarry that it will be my own fault for stressing so much. I know he is hurting at the moment but he really upset me. He truly is the king of insensitive comments. I wish he could talk to me about how he feels it makes me feel so alone.
    I really do love the support I have gotten here it is nice to talk somewhere about how I feel. Thanks everyone hope you are all doing well.
    Hey Rosily

So sorry your husbands being a doosh lol
    My husband said same thing after our first loss! And he is the most sensitive caring guy ever !! Omg I was gutted!!!! But we went to counselling and dunno why but he came around.. Men hey!!
    I'm sure it's just a knee jerk reaction Hun.. Try not to worry bout it!
    If the worst did happen perhaps just take the time to investigate it and give it a couple of months.. I think the more pressure ya put on them the more they stick to their guns!
    Anyway we all have our fingers and toes crossed for u :0)

AFM: 13 weeks 4 days & I'm the sickest I've been all pregnancy!! Omg!!! So so soooo sick this morning! Really not nice when u have a cold & sore throat already! Anyhooooo sure it will pass soon!