+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 100 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi and welcome Jaci! Congrats on ur BFP. Sorry to hear about ur loss....

I think we all are very nervous and dont want to really trust what the doctors say at the beginning of a new pregnancy after a loss.... and i think thats only natural

My only advice is to try and break the early stages up...I done Things like, See GP/OB, ask for a referral to a scan at around 8wks (U Should see a HB flickering away) which is a great relief!! Most Docs like to see u 4weekly, not sure about urs, but that would mean an app around 10wks, Then ud be able to get a referal for 12wk scan/bloods.

U could throw in things like, a lunch or dinner out with the girls one week, Movie with DP/DH another week. Just things to break it to smaller milestones and take ur mind off the big picture....I also know Other girls had regular blood tests, just to make sure their HCG lvls were rising... and some extra scans - lucky ducks!!

Anyway enough rambling, I hope this bubba is a healthy sticky one and u have a boring, uneventful 34weeks ahead of u!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflies4 View Post
    Hi,

My Little man is going really well. He is a really good baby. Eats sleeps poops plays and is a very happy baby.
    Sleep is going really well. We generally get 2 x 4 hour blocks of sleep or 3 hours and a 4 hour block.
    He is breastfeeding really well and I'm so glad I stuck it out thru the sore nipples and one day of fussy feeding.
    I will post a picture this week when I get a chance to go onto the laptop instead of posting on my iPhone.

Belly rubs to you all
    Great to hear FF that all is going well!! So good that he is just being perfect for you and you are getting some sleep!! YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaci84 View Post
    Hi ladies Wondering if it's ok to join you here?

I've just come from the TTC after miscarriage thread after having a missed miscarriage at 15 weeks (bub had died at 9 weeks) I've just found out I'm about 6 weeks pregnant and this pregnancy is going a lot differently to the first. I've got a positive HPT 3 weeks earlier this time so I'm holding onto that as a good sign. I have booked my first appointment in with the doctor on Wednesday and I am pretty scared to think that the same thing will happen again. The thought of not knowing I had lost bub for 6 weeks hurts so much. I even had an antenatal appointment at 12 weeks which didn't suggest anything abnormal even though a heartbeat couldn't be found. I just know that I'm going to be second guessing every doctor that tells me that everything is fine! I want this baby more than anything but it just sucks that I won't be able to enjoy this pregnancy until I'm past that half way mark.

Looking forward to getting to know you all
    Hi Jac - and welcome!! It is a really really cruddy time at the moment and I'm sorry you loat your little one!! Unfortunately it is easier said than done to not stress but as shadow said - smaller little milestones help a lot!! I was one of the people who got regular blood tests until a scan at 7 weeks showed a heartbeat then another scan at 9w and 12w to just see that everything was developing as normal! I hope you have a long sticky journey this time!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

Jaci84 - welcome! Good luck for a safe and sticky 9 months We have all been there and now

Shadow - grats on feeling kicks! It's the most awesome feeling when you finally feel those undeniable kicks! I never tired of feeling them! Don't know about sleeping on your tummy. I stopped sleeping on mine at about 8 weeks cause i wanted to try and get used to sleeping on my side. Hopefully someone can help you though.

Stephsmum - thinking of you and hope everything is ok. Did the bleeding ease up?

Grinnyswife - hope everything is going well for you. When is your next scan?

Super - not long now!! Its great that you are still swimming. I really enjoyed swimming particularly in the last few weeks. It was nice to feel weightless!

Em -

FF - our bubs seem similar in so many ways!! Must have to do with the birthday! Hope DD had a great birthday and BBQ.

to Sniper, Shaz, Rosily and anyone else i have missed. Hope your baby bumps are growing!!

AFM - so far Caitlyn is such a good baby! She sleeps in about 3-4 hour blocks. We actually got 6 hours from 4:30am - 10:30am this morning! So we are not suffering from too much sleep deprivation at this stage.

She has taken to the boob really well too. The initial pain is easing up a bit...i think my nipples just need to toughen up!

We seem to spend so much time just staring at her and marvelling at how we created this perfect little being!

Here are some pics for you
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...ictureid=13534
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...ictureid=13532
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...ictureid=13531
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...ictureid=13529
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...ictureid=13535

Look after yourselves and those beautiful bumps
    Last edited by Thee; 31-10-2010 at 16:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thee your little one is so cute! I love the pic with the teddy that is just adorable. I have forgotten how tiny newborns are she looks so little. Congrats and yay for the sleep. Enjoy this special time. Love the name Caitlyn too we wanted to use it but a friend beat us to it.

Stephsmum I hope you are ok and the bleeding has gone away. I know how scary it is I keep bleeding on and off. hopefully you can get it checked out just to put your mind at ease.

Jaci84 Welcome and congrats. All the best for a nice sticky baby.

Shadow How exciting about the kicking it really is the best feeling feeling those little movements and very reassuring that bubs is ok.

Super It must be exciting to have finished up work and yes in the last trimester the tiredness starts up again so hopefully you can rest up a bit.

AFM well the bleeding is on and off so I am not sure. Just when it starts to go away it comes back I am going to Ob tomorrow so I am freaking out that they won't be able to see anything on the scan. Feeling so tired so I am hoping that is a good sign. Don't think I will sleep much tonight though I am just so scared that they will tell me bad news tomorrow. DH is getting annoyed with me about it but it is hard to think positive at this stage.

Hope you have all had a nice weekend and everyone's bumps and babies are doing well.
    Night

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Thee, how cute!!!!!!!!!! So happy to hear that all is going well for you!

FF - fantastic that you are getting some sleep, it makes all the difference in those early days.

Shadow - yaya on feeling kicks !! I to was a dedicated front sleeper, but got so scared when I found out I was UTD again that I trained myself to sleep on my side. Not sure about and problems etc if u do sleep on your front, but believe me you'll soon find you can't sleep on your front anyway (bit like balanceing on a gym ball!!!!)

Em - how are you going, nearly time isn't !?!?!

Super - brilliant news re the swimming and walking, I found it kept me sane in the final days !!

Sniper - hope you're doing well my darling!!

Jac - your story touched me as it's so similar to my loss (I was at 18 weeks and had been told at all my GP/OB visits that all was fine). As all the girls say just try and break it down and get lots of scans and BT. They all help to reassure you and before u know it you'll have a 4 month old just like me. <Hugs>

To all the new girls, welcome and congrats on your BFP !!

Ok I'm hoping I've not forgotten anyone, if I have belly rubs and please excuse my baby brain !!

Take care all,

Úna xoxo

sniper wolf is offline current proud SaHM to 2 humans of varying ages
    Thanks
    Reviews
    just a quick one here:

beautiful pics thee- really loved the one with the little fists up while sleeping- that is SUCH a newborn trait.

hi to everyone

I'm 25 weeks now! feeling kicks lots and lots which is good,, but can feel myself slowing down some, which is a bit daunting seeing as I have an almost 3 year old running around.

back into another week, weekends seem to go quickly, I am hoping to finish up some work from home projects that i am doing by the end of this month or at very least the first week in december. looking forward to getting some time back. really needing naps on the couch at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone

Welcome to the new members!!! I hope you all have sticky bubs

Thee - Beautiful baby...

Sorry not many personals am at work, though I just had to let everyone know that I had my twenty week scan and its a....

BOY!!

We are so excited. He could not stop kicking and moving and is as healthy as can be....

He was so active, and no wonder I am feeling so many kicks, rolls and thumps. DH even felt him this morning. Very special.

Again congratulations to all the new mums to be and although it is for a sad reason that we are in this thread, the ladies are lovely and it is reassuring to hear of so many births of healthy babies (and beautiful) in this thread!!

sniper wolf is offline current proud SaHM to 2 humans of varying ages
    Thanks
    Reviews
    congrats addison!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Thee, she is just so precious and tiny!! Very gorgeous. Congratulations once again.

Well the count down to my scan is FINALLY in the single didgits again!!! 9 more sleeps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick me post - sorry. Went for my scan and there was no heartbeat so have to go back next week. Bleeding has continued. I think I should be just over 6 weeks (like 6 weeks plus 1 or 2 days) do you think it was too early or I should prepare myself for the worst?

Oh and there was a sack and fetal pole (think that is what they called it) Dr said not to stress but I can't help it!