+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 100 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Stephsmum that is excellent news about your scan. With your blood test just don't look at the needle. Relax and make sure you drink plenty of water so your not dehydrated, it helps them to find your veins.

Grinnyswife is offline Love is the answer at least for most of the questions in my heart
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosily View Post
    Grinny Try not to worry what happend to me is unusual. I certainly would hate to stress you about it as it is so unlikely that it will happen to you. I am sure your baby is just fine and nice and sticky.

Stephsmum congrats that is fantastic news it must be a huge relief.

Shadowangel I am sure you will feel kicks soon. With my second my placenta was at the front and I didn't feel much so it definately makes a difference. I always found a cold drink made myn squirm around but the first time it is hard to know if it is indeed the baby you are feeling.

AFM well I am bleeding.It's not heavy but kind of painful lots of cramping so I guess I have to wait and see what happens. Started yesterday arvo and still going.

Have a nice weekend everyone.
    Oh rosily u must be so worried
    How many weeks are you?
    Can I just say I had the worst cramps ever until about 7 weeks I think. And had bleeding (spotting but sometimes it looked alot) until about 9 1/2 weeks.
    Is it red? Mine was red, then trailed off to brown then would come back red again. I'm 13 weeks now and everything is ok. Hopefully will b the same for u xxhugsxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi girls,

I am currently 18 weeks pregnant with my third. I had two miscarriages last year, one was pretty severe (hospitalised due to excessive bleeding) and we were devastated. I was so glad to make it past that 12 week mark but now that the morning sickness is gone I feel "un-pregnant" - do you know what I mean? I can't feel the baby yet, I am not really showing (just look fat) and I am so worried that next friday at my scan they won't find a heartbeat I was doing ok, telling myself that I have two healthy children and there is no reason to worry, but two girls in my due thread have lost babies at 21 weeks....I know its about them not me, but it has totally freaked me out! I rang the midwives at the hospital to see if I could call in to have the heartbeat checked for reassurance and the cow on the phone said really there is no point, I will know next week one way or the other and if there is no heart beat there is nothing that can be done really so its silly to borrow trouble....

any advice? did you feel this way and if so how did you get through it without driving yourself (or your DH) mad with worry?

Grinnyswife is offline Love is the answer at least for most of the questions in my heart
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz77 View Post
    hi girls,

I am currently 18 weeks pregnant with my third. I had two miscarriages last year, one was pretty severe (hospitalised due to excessive bleeding) and we were devastated. I was so glad to make it past that 12 week mark but now that the morning sickness is gone I feel "un-pregnant" - do you know what I mean? I can't feel the baby yet, I am not really showing (just look fat) and I am so worried that next friday at my scan they won't find a heartbeat I was doing ok, telling myself that I have two healthy children and there is no reason to worry, but two girls in my due thread have lost babies at 21 weeks....I know its about them not me, but it has totally freaked me out! I rang the midwives at the hospital to see if I could call in to have the heartbeat checked for reassurance and the cow on the phone said really there is no point, I will know next week one way or the other and if there is no heart beat there is nothing that can be done really so its silly to borrow trouble....

any advice? did you feel this way and if so how did you get through it without driving yourself (or your DH) mad with worry?
    My advice, go hire a Doppler! How absolutly rude of her!!
    I'm so glad I have had caring understanding ppl when I've been worried, Ive had five scans n I'm 13 weeks lol.
    Tryn have like a Milo or chocolate, something sweet, then lay down n relax, u might feel something? It always helped when I was worried.
    There's a chance ur placenta is at the front so you can't feel the kicks.

Try not to worry, I know it's hard. I have a Doppler, I get to about the third day n I'm checking again lol. It's Been a godsend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps I saw these posts bout the lost bubs cried when I read this morning!
    And it's freaked me out too.
    But remember symptoms normally come & go.
    My boobs stopped hurting at ten weeks so I went for a scan and the next day they hurt again, and I was sick as hahaha oops.. See your not the only paranoid one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shaz i hear you!!! Our Due-in Thread is just a really scary place to be at the moment!! Especially for those of us lagging behind (due at the end of the month) and not had scans, and not looking pregnant, or feeling movement yet. Im just trying to keep busy until my scan and not pay attention, and rely on the fact that when i miscarried i could just tell something wasnt right, which i havent felt this time...so just going with it till my scan on the 10th Nov. 2 in 1 week lost around the same time is just really bad luck I feel so much for them...and cant stop thinking about them.

Congrats on the great scan stephsmum!

Rosily - fingers crossed ur bleeding stops and bubs is ok.

Hi to everyone else!! I cant remember anything, sorry if ive forgotten something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Shadow and Grinnyswife....I guess I need to hear that it isn't just me....yes Shadow, our due thread is a sad place at the moment - I don't have my scan till the 5th - I feel for you having to wait till the 10th!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its torture to be honest, especially with the news in there at the moment!! But nothing i can do Just changing the scan means 2 road trips, as the scan, First hospy app and OB appointment are all an hr away, so have scheduled them for the same day. Just have to trust that bubs is ok....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just had a look at the thread to so what you were talking about and how absolutely tragic. I am sure all is well with your babies but yes knowing that these tragic things can and do happen to people makes it really hit home. It doesn't help that the pregnancy hormones make us so feel so emotional. I know it is hard and I am guilty of it myself but try not to stress too much

Shaz I agree with the others what a horrible cow it really angers me that people in a job such as a midwife don't have compassion surely it should be a requirement of the job. Good luck with your scan hopefully you will feel some kicks soon and a beautiful, healthy baby at your scan. As Grinny said if your placenta is at the front (anterior) it is really hard to feel much. This happend with my DD but not with my DS so I barely ever felt her compared to him which always freaked me out. The other thing is I believe morning sickness tends to ease right off for most women after 12 weeks which I think my Ob said was to do with the hcg hormones not rising so rapidly after 12 weeks. Good luck and believe me there are plenty of us who freak out just as much.

Grinny Thanks for the hugs. Blood has been pink and brownish not bright red but still hasn't stopped. Going to see the Ob on Monday as they have been very kind and understanding about me freaking out. If I am going to miscarry I kind of wish it would happen as not knowing is killing me. I am only 6 weeks so it is really early
    Where did you get your doppler from? It sounds like a great thing to have just for some peace of mind.

Night all still feeling exhausted so I will take that as a good sign that maybe my baby will stick around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosily View Post
    I just had a look at the thread to so what you were talking about and how absolutely tragic. I am sure all is well with your babies but yes knowing that these tragic things can and do happen to people makes it really hit home. It doesn't help that the pregnancy hormones make us so feel so emotional. I know it is hard and I am guilty of it myself but try not to stress too much

Shaz I agree with the others what a horrible cow it really angers me that people in a job such as a midwife don't have compassion surely it should be a requirement of the job. Good luck with your scan hopefully you will feel some kicks soon and a beautiful, healthy baby at your scan. As Grinny said if your placenta is at the front (anterior) it is really hard to feel much. This happend with my DD but not with my DS so I barely ever felt her compared to him which always freaked me out. The other thing is I believe morning sickness tends to ease right off for most women after 12 weeks which I think my Ob said was to do with the hcg hormones not rising so rapidly after 12 weeks. Good luck and believe me there are plenty of us who freak out just as much.

Grinny Thanks for the hugs. Blood has been pink and brownish not bright red but still hasn't stopped. Going to see the Ob on Monday as they have been very kind and understanding about me freaking out. If I am going to miscarry I kind of wish it would happen as not knowing is killing me. I am only 6 weeks so it is really early
    Where did you get your doppler from? It sounds like a great thing to have just for some peace of mind.

Night all still feeling exhausted so I will take that as a good sign that maybe my baby will stick around.
    If your six weeks Hun i bet it's implantation blood making it's way out.
    U understand when u see it on u/s, y your still bleeding.. U can see the blood in there n I guess it's gonna come out till it's gone. I think danni had the same thing.
    Pink and brown is a good sign. But don't worry if u see some red, unless it's heavy. I had red and was like i guess we've lost another one turned out fine.
    Don't b suprised if it goes on for a few weeks.
    All the best for your scan
    Got my Doppler from America off eBay, a sonotrax basic with digi display.