Thanks all! We couldn't be happier and are settling in at home.
Sorry but i am being lazy and just copied my birth announcement from my Due in thread. But thought you might like to know some details!
Members Name: Thee
Babys Name: Caitlyn Rose
Date of Birth: 20-10-2010
Time of Birth: 9:35pm
Bubs Weight: 3820g (8lb 7oz)
Bubs Length: 52cm
Bubs Head Circumference: 35cm
Details of birth:
Well after the panic of my high blood pressure and subsequent orders to rest, i was sure our little girl would be early!! But this little one was so comfy and had no plans to come out. My blood pressure remained steady until 11-10 when i had another rise. The dr made the decision to induce me on Wed 13-10. We were expecting to have our little girl by the Friday so mum and dad booked flights to come down.
Yet again, bubba had other ideas. They had to induce me using a gel which was meant to dilate my cervix, they would then break my waters and give me a drug to bring on contractions. I had 2 lots of the gel on wed, stayed in hospital wed night, had another dose on thurs, stayed in the hosp thurs night and the plan was to break my waters on the fri morn. Unfortunately, that couldn't be done so we were sent away for the weekend and told to call back Monday. Monday we called the hospital but they couldn't fit us in till Tues. Tues we went in and had another dose of the gel. I had to stay in hospital again tues night and was reviewed wed morn. There was still no progress so the consulting dr's had to start considering the options.
Their theory was that there must be reason why things weren't happening naturally and it was getting to the point that a decision of action really had to be made.
Their recommendation was that i should have a c-section. So we were booked in to have the c-section at 11:30am (it was about 10am at this stage). But after one delay after another (and having eaten nothing but a biscuit since 5pm the night before!!), i wasn't taken down to theatre till 9pm Wed night. It was very nerve wracking and not at all how i expected to deliver our baby. It was rather unnerving for DH too as he had to watch me being wheeled into theatre and wait for another 30mins before he was allowed in. Once DH was in, it was a matter of minutes before our beautiful girl was delivered, with a very hearty cry! She was well and truly comfy in there as they still had to use forceps to get her out! The ob told me that i would never have delivered her naturally as her head was too big!
DH and bub went to get checked out and weighed while i was sewn up and taken to recovery. By the time i was taken back out to Recovery, DH and Caitlyn were waiting for me and the midwives were able to help me breastfeed straight away. She was a natural!
We're very proud and she has us totally wrapped around her fingers. We can't stop staring at her!
We are all going well and came home from hospital yesterday. Breastfeeding is proving a little painful but i am trying to perservere (sp?) as i know it will be for the best.