+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 100 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to hear it is just swelling FF! Hope you had an okay night and got some sleep, good luck for getting into a routine with DD back with you.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflies4 View Post
    Midwife came and saw me today and it's just a bit of swelling. Thank goodness.
    Now to work on toning all those muscles back up down there.

Still trying to get into a routine. Getting there but dd is back from her dad so shall be interesting.
    Thee - hope things are going well!

Grinnyswife - you never stop checking for blood... as someone else said you "expect" to see the blood less as time goes on.

Super don't be talking about packing bags ha ha I don't want to be going into freak out mode just yet! LOL! Actually okay I might be... how did you know what to pack in yours? I have no idea! Does someone give you a list??

Luckyme don't leave buying furniture too late - or at least find out if there is a wait list on any of the items that you have your heart set on. We went in to be told there was a minimum 14 week wait on some things!

Shadow not long til your morph scan darl! It really does settle down after that, or my anxiety did anyway. Then you start really looking forward to things!

Sniper

AFM all went well at the midwife on Saturday, she was the most lovely level headed person I have met! I was asking if I need bottles/sterilisers/etc etc and she quite calmy said you don't know if you can breast feed yet, hopefully you can, and if you do you don't need all that rubbish. If not send DH to Coles and he can buy some because they all sell bottles and a pot of biling water does the same thing as a steriliser! She was a breath of fresh air actually glad I saw her before I went to the baby expo or we would have blown a whole lot more $! Oh yes and I am measuring 33 weeks, a week and a half ahead of what I am... not sure if that means a big baby or if I am just carrying right out front! Eek! I feel like I grow every day now ha ha.

Now trying to finish off baby girl's room, I really want a novelty wall light but for the life of me can't find one anywhere on the internet! Annoying! I will keep looking, I thought Ikea did them but obviously not any more...

Okay girls, belly rubs to anyone I missed. Hope you all had a good weekend.

Em
    xx
    Last edited by Melameen; 25-10-2010 at 08:18. Reason: forgot something :)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought I would pop my head in and say hi .

I think I have spoken to a couple of you in the waiting ttc after miscarriage thread. Have found out I am pregnant again and super nervous. We lost a DD at 16 weeks last year so I am so worried and have had a bit of bleeding but it seems to have gone away. Just wish the time would fly by til I can at least get a scan. Does anybody know what the earliest is that I can have one? I am considered high risk so I am supposed to see my ob fairly early on but would like to hold off til there is at least something they can see on a scan to put my mind at ease.

Look forward to getting to know you all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi rosily! Congrats on ur BFP!!

Pretty sure u can see a sack from around 5-6wks, heartbeat IF you're lucky from around 6wks. It varies a bit depending on ur body, where bubs is, if u get an internal or external etc.

I seen a sack measruing 5wks+ when i had my MC - no HB.

This time around i hung out till 8wks+3 (We thought we were 9wks) and seen a nice little fluttering heartbeat but the baby still looked alot like a peanut. Sono could explain where things were but it wasnt obvious to me. lol

Again at 12+2wks we seen the heartbeat fluttering away, and pretty much a fully formed and very active, also very shy bubba!

All were external. At my 12wk i was given the option to go internal, purely for being able to take home clearer pics, and OMG @ the difference. The improvement in clarity was amazing! Was well worth the invasive feeling (first time id done an internal) although sono was great and gave me all the power over it and ability to stop immediately at anytime. U get a gown, a blanket over u, the option to put it there urself, or them to do it.

Hope all goes well and u get to see ur bubba soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to the thread Rosily. Congrats on your BFP, no doubt this is a very nervous time for you.

I was the same with this 3rd pg, (two missed m/c prior to it) I wanted a scan as early as I could but without it being too early IYKWIM.

DH&I ended up going just before 8 weeks and having a healthy scan with a perfect little HB although I did measure a couple of days earlier than I originally thought I was! We left it til after 7 weeks because even though I know plenty girls who have seen healthy HBs at 6 weeks - I just didn't want the uncertainty of being told the fetal pole was "too small" to be registering a HB yet and that I had to come back in a week. We had that happen with our 2nd pg and it was a heart wrenching/stressful time.

Good luck, wish I had a magic wand to wave away the time for you so you could be past that first scan already

Em
    xx

Grinnyswife is offline Love is the answer at least for most of the questions in my heart
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi rosily
    I'd wait till u think ur 7 weeks so u don't get worried for nothing.
    Do u mind me asking why u lost your bub so late
    I know it will b such a nervous time for u this time. All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Grinnyswife - I am nearly 20 weeks, My ticker is wrong haha! And I still check the toilet paper, I can't wait until my morph scan on Friday. After two M/C I am still so nervous about everything. I really want Friday to hurry up!! I can only imagine how nervous I am going to feel as I lay down.

Rosily - I went too early as I was high risk and there was no heartbeat or fetal pole, and I stressed. Have seen a healthy bub at the 12 week though!!! Thank goodness for that. Good luck and welcome!!

Melameen - I seen decorative lights at IKEA last week, there was a lady bug one and something else?? Wish I had your advice before my big shop last week I bought lots of bottles and sterilisers even though I want to BF.

It is strange I went and bought lots a few weeks ago, though now that I am nearing the 20 week scan, I have banned DH and myself from buying anything else until after it. Not sure what that is about, though I have almost convinced myself it won't be good, and I know that is so silly. Though still I already feel the nerves in the lead up to Friday.

I was waiting until after 12 weeks to tell alot of people, now that I am nearly 20 I still have not told people and I am showing!! I think I am still too nervous to tell alot of people. I really should, before they get a text in March next year saying 'sorry I didn't say anthing earlier..umm I have just had a baby!!'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies

I am back... Hopefully I will stick around this time! Got my third BFP for the year last Friday, just gone 4 weeks so super early.

I have avoided BH for the last few months just stalking but not actively participating. Think I could do with some support so where better to hang

Since my last m/c I have had lots of testing done and it has really helped knowing what is going on. Bub #2 was a girl and had trisomy 22 so we know there was nothing that could have been done differently.

Also found out I am homozygous MTHFR which means I am susceptible to blood clots, could be the reason for losing bub #1? Plan on attack is aspirin and daily clexane injections, now doesn't that sound like fun?!! All else is clear thank goodness.

So we are cautiously excited and trying hard not to let my bad experiences get in the way of enjoying this bubba

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Addison! Thanks for the heads up, maybe I will drag DH to Ikea sometime they just don't show any of that in their online catalogue so I thought they must have stopped making them!

Wow I can't believe you are almost 20 weeks! Good luck for Friday in case I don't post to you again. DH&I were both scared stiff going to our 20 week scan - I think every time there was a scheduled scan the week before I used to flip out regardless! But all was well and our gorgeous little girl was rolling around on the screen, such an amazing thing to see!

My SIL was the same as you and didn't tell people til she was well and truly showing. It is completely up to you and no one else has a say in how/when you tell people! It is your news, your time, and most importantly YOUR baby!!! None of their business if you don't feel ready sharing just yet!

As for the bottles and sterilisers etc - I will probably end up going out and buying them all in any case! I was just happy I didn't have to try pick out of the ones at the baby expo on Saturday there were just too many to choose from.

Okay then back to work... can you tell my replacement is doing most of my work these days? I have too much time on my hands!

Bye girls,

Em
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Lealalove you have had a very rough ride. Welcome back to the thread and a huge congratulations on this BFP. Although it is terrible what you have had to go through it is good to know that you can take aspirin and injections (yuck) to try and help this little bubby along. And my condolenses on the loss of your baby girl to Trisomy 22, the fact you could not do anything different doesn't make the loss any easier to take.

All the best for a sticky healthy 36 weeks ahead of you!

Em
    xx
    Quote Originally Posted by Lealalove View Post
    Ladies

I am back... Hopefully I will stick around this time! Got my third BFP for the year last Friday, just gone 4 weeks so super early.

I have avoided BH for the last few months just stalking but not actively participating. Think I could do with some support so where better to hang

Since my last m/c I have had lots of testing done and it has really helped knowing what is going on. Bub #2 was a girl and had trisomy 22 so we know there was nothing that could have been done differently.

Also found out I am homozygous MTHFR which means I am susceptible to blood clots, could be the reason for losing bub #1? Plan on attack is aspirin and daily clexane injections, now doesn't that sound like fun?!! All else is clear thank goodness.

So we are cautiously excited and trying hard not to let my bad experiences get in the way of enjoying this bubba

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG !! Thee and FF!!! Congratulations!!! Can't believe I go away for a couple of days and two of you pop!! Lol ! Great news! Enjoy those lovely early days you'll find your little bundles grow so fast! Xoxo