+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 100 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wecome Grinnyswife! Congratulations on ur pregnancy! hope all goes smoothly for u this time around Feel free to ask any questions etc.

Thee & Fire? Any updates yet??? Hope u both get to see ur little bundles of joy very soon and it goes smoothly.

Lucky - ouch at the dihorrea!! EW Hope it goes away. YAY for feeling movement heaps

AFM - going well, think im starting to show, but its not that obvious, just looks like ive eaten a little bit too much recently lol. Those who know im pregnant are starting to notice, those who dont probably just think im gaining weight. THINK i felt some movement the other day, just a little tickle...wasnt gas so just assuming it was bubs. Waiting for it to happen again so i can be sure.

Just wondering, should i be worried that my 10kg dog keeps trying to walk across my stomach when im laying down? Usually i can get to him before he gets there and just get him to go over my legs... But today i was actually asleep on the couch and he decided he wanted to say Hi face to face, so walked across my belly.....just worried that 10kgs comming down in the form of a paw is quite heavy and might hurt bubs But then i think, bubs has lots of fluid and stuff around it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Evening ladies,

Thought I better update on the events since Tuesday.

I started getting irregular contractions around 1pm on the 19th. They became very painful and more regular. At 4pm we went into the assessment unit at the hospital and was monitored.
    CTG showed irregular contractions and I hadnt dilated any further. So at 6pm we were home and had tea.
    About 6:30-7pm contractions started again. They were really painful and coming every 5-7minutes. I had a hot shower (about the 3rd for the afternoon) that didn't help. I ended up laying in bed crying it was so bad.
    At 8:20 DF called the assessment unit and they said to go straight to the labour ward.

Got to labour ward and into birthing suite. I was in agony. I was feeling it all in my back. Gas didn't do much so I requested an epidural.

I think it was about 11pm when the epidural went in. 2 hours of full blown contractions on gas was hell. Turns out the baby was posterior.

After the epidural went in I was in heaven. Could not feel a thing.
    I was fully dilated at about 2-3am (I forget exactly what time.

I started pushing about 3am. We weren't getting far as bubs head couldn't get out due to how he was laying and being posterior.

At 5am the ob came in and checked on me.
    Contractions had died off and baby wasn't coming out.
    I was given the drugs to bring the contractions on hard and fast and the decision was made I'd need a forcep delivery as I couldn't do it on my own.

So up to theatre we went got all prepared. Rather freaking out but sorta calm.
    Contractions started a small incision was made and pushing began and forceps were in.
    About 6-7 good pushes and help from my ob and my baby boy was born at 7:17am.

DF got to see baby when he was halfway out and then he was put straight onto my chest.

DF went with the pead to the crib to cut the cord and check on baby. Then he held our son while I was stitched up and he sat next to me.

Baby was weighed at 8lb8oz (3850gms) 52cm long and 35.5cm head circ. We named him later that day Jayden.

He was born 20-10-10 at 7:17am.

He is the perfect baby. Feeding so well (still waiting on milk to come in) sleeps so well. He is adorable and every nurse/midwife keeps telling us.

Apart from some pain down below from the forceps I am doing well. Stitches don't hurt no swelling either and no stinging when i pee.

Had low iron levels after losing at least 300mls blood and had to have a blood transfusion.

Sorry for it being so long!! Will update another post soon with a few tips that I have found helpful.

Hope everyone is doing well.

And Thee what's happening with you hun??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and i am so glad the forceps worked. If we couldn't get baby out that way it would have meant a csection.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yaaaayyyy fireflies!!!!! Congratulations!!!! I'm so so happy for you and your df!!!

Can't wait to see pics!! What a long time for you though!! So happy the forceps worked!!!

Yayyay yay!!

Would the fact he was posterior explain why you had so much back pain before labour?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh posterior birth is when baby and mum are spine to spine.

I am sure that is why.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Fireflies!!! What a long & difficult labour for you though. Good to hear J is feeding well and you are recovering okay. Take care of yourself, can't wait to see pictures when you have time.

Thee how r you?? Thinking of you!

Hi Super and belly rubs everyone else xx

Quote Originally Posted by fireflies4 View Post
    Evening ladies,

Thought I better update on the events since Tuesday.

I started getting irregular contractions around 1pm on the 19th. They became very painful and more regular. At 4pm we went into the assessment unit at the hospital and was monitored.
    CTG showed irregular contractions and I hadnt dilated any further. So at 6pm we were home and had tea.
    About 6:30-7pm contractions started again. They were really painful and coming every 5-7minutes. I had a hot shower (about the 3rd for the afternoon) that didn't help. I ended up laying in bed crying it was so bad.
    At 8:20 DF called the assessment unit and they said to go straight to the labour ward.

Got to labour ward and into birthing suite. I was in agony. I was feeling it all in my back. Gas didn't do much so I requested an epidural.

I think it was about 11pm when the epidural went in. 2 hours of full blown contractions on gas was hell. Turns out the baby was posterior.

After the epidural went in I was in heaven. Could not feel a thing.
    I was fully dilated at about 2-3am (I forget exactly what time.

I started pushing about 3am. We weren't getting far as bubs head couldn't get out due to how he was laying and being posterior.

At 5am the ob came in and checked on me.
    Contractions had died off and baby wasn't coming out.
    I was given the drugs to bring the contractions on hard and fast and the decision was made I'd need a forcep delivery as I couldn't do it on my own.

So up to theatre we went got all prepared. Rather freaking out but sorta calm.
    Contractions started a small incision was made and pushing began and forceps were in.
    About 6-7 good pushes and help from my ob and my baby boy was born at 7:17am.

DF got to see baby when he was halfway out and then he was put straight onto my chest.

DF went with the pead to the crib to cut the cord and check on baby. Then he held our son while I was stitched up and he sat next to me.

Baby was weighed at 8lb8oz (3850gms) 52cm long and 35.5cm head circ. We named him later that day Jayden.

He was born 20-10-10 at 7:17am.

He is the perfect baby. Feeding so well (still waiting on milk to come in) sleeps so well. He is adorable and every nurse/midwife keeps telling us.

Apart from some pain down below from the forceps I am doing well. Stitches don't hurt no swelling either and no stinging when i pee.

Had low iron levels after losing at least 300mls blood and had to have a blood transfusion.

Sorry for it being so long!! Will update another post soon with a few tips that I have found helpful.

Hope everyone is doing well.

And Thee what's happening with you hun??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow fireflies you are amazing to survive that. That must have been the hardest thing you've done, but the most rewarding. Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful boy jayden.

sniper wolf is offline current proud SaHM to 2 humans of varying ages
    Thanks
    Reviews
    congrats fireflies!!! and welcome Jayden

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats fire!!! Welcome to your son!! bet u and DF are over the moon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    congratulations and well done fireflies!!

My bubs was posterior for most of my labour too (ouch!). so glad your little darling was delivered safe and well. enjoy these first few days with Jayden - they grow so fast!