+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 100 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default The fears & different emotions when pregnant after M/C- come chat #10

Welcome to our lovely new thread (#10). Hope you find lots of help and support from this thread. Being pregnant again after a miscarriage can be very scary. Unfortunately we have all experienced this but chatting about our fears and emotions can help deal with it all. Look forward to chatting with everyone.

August

BB000 - EDD 23rd - Boy

October

Thee - EDD 8th - Girl
    Kas3 - EDD 18th - Boy
    Fireflies - EDD 23rd - Boy

November

Onedaymum - EDD 12th -
    Boy4me2009 - EDD 30th -

December

Trulyblessed - EDD 6th - Born in September (need to confirm date)
    Superstarr - EDD 16th -
    Liz1984 - EDD 21st - Surprise
    Melameen - EDD 22nd -

January

Shala - EDD 24th -
    Luckyme1 - EDD 28th -

February

Sniper Wolf - EDD 12th - Surprise
    Lealalove - EDD 16th -

Martina78 -

March

Shadowangel - EDD 25th -

April

May

June
    Last edited by BH-tech; 02-03-2016 at 14:22.

sniper wolf is offline current proud SaHM to 2 humans of varying ages
    Thanks
    Reviews
    WOO-HOO! big scan this morning went well- got the all clear!!! everything looked great and normal- measuring on dates and in the 60th percentile, heartbeat of 153bpm. didn't find out the sex. god it was hard though- i had a bit of a turn lying on my back in the heated room, managed to calm down a bit though and get through it.

everyone gets their own colours today- its just one of those days!

Em- it's proabbly worked out better that they will promote an internal person- as you said less training etc- just think only 9 (that's single figures) more weeks to go!!!

superstar- yay for 3rd trimester!! what colour have you painted your nursery? have you gone with a theme?

luckyme- happy birthday for the other day. Keep in midn I am 39 and managed to get another one going so event hough it may be a bit of a rush, No. 2 is very feasible.

fireflies- how are you feeling? it's an ominous feeling to be so close but sometimes it still seems so far, I keep checking in here wondering if you are in labour or hatnot.

shadow- yay for good NT results- another milestone reached with flying colours! its nice ot have people knitting for you.

hi to everyone i have missed- that's as far as i can see back, hope everyone has a great weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo Sniper! Congrats on a great scan! WOW half way!!! Bet ur excited. and omg U have some strength not finding out the sex!! Or was bubs just not cooperating??

Well DP and I went shopping yesterday (figured we could use a day out together and went on a bit of a road trip - last minuite decision) But didnt get much. I looked at change tables but i couldnt decide.......ive know what i REALLY want (but cant justify, $1000) its a nice set of drawers, where bub faces u to be changed, not side on, AND theres room next to the mat for wipes etc to be stored which some dont have.... So its left me undecided between a white wooden change table to match the cot, plus the caddy things u can get...or an all in 1 with the bath, even tho we have a cute fisher price aquarium bath with infant hammock thingy in it.

I also made dad happy...lol. he's a 1 eye'd Footscray supporter, and i found a set of footscray PJs in a size 0. I took them home and said... "look dad!! im willing to commit child abuse for u!" and pulled them out of the bag. He just laughed and assured me that bubs would be better off for it. lol DP got a few cute white jump suits with grey bears on them, and singlets.

Mela - jeez i hope they do promote someone internally for u. Save u some stress. But relax. I hope it all goes well. That 9weeks will FLY past!!

Fire - not long to go now! Do u have everything ready for bubby yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    shadow- I did toy with the idea of finding out the sex, but it just doesnt feel right to do it. so there's no real will power going on just a deep down preference to leave the surprise for the big day.

wow $1000 change table- that's serious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah its so insanely gorgeous though! its about 1m square? which makes room for the mat and stuff on top... But i serioiusly dont need to get it, i just love it. lol Looking more around the $2-300 mark. Like the valco comfort change center for around $230. But we dont really need the bath?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Huge congrats Sniper!!!! Hope u r still on cloud 9

Hello to all the other ladies, Shadow I think we liked the same change table but I saw it for $750ish? Is it the grotime one? Anyhoo v v nice. Just a word of warning there are wait lists on a lot of furniture as dh&I found out recently so if u like anything ask the store what their eta would be!

Sorry can't see anything more so going to be a short reply.

Congrats again Sniper!!

Emxx

Quote Originally Posted by sniper wolf View Post
    WOO-HOO! big scan this morning went well- got the all clear!!! everything looked great and normal- measuring on dates and in the 60th percentile, heartbeat of 153bpm. didn't find out the sex. god it was hard though- i had a bit of a turn lying on my back in the heated room, managed to calm down a bit though and get through it.

everyone gets their own colours today- its just one of those days!

Em- it's proabbly worked out better that they will promote an internal person- as you said less training etc- just think only 9 (that's single figures) more weeks to go!!!

superstar- yay for 3rd trimester!! what colour have you painted your nursery? have you gone with a theme?

luckyme- happy birthday for the other day. Keep in midn I am 39 and managed to get another one going so event hough it may be a bit of a rush, No. 2 is very feasible.

fireflies- how are you feeling? it's an ominous feeling to be so close but sometimes it still seems so far, I keep checking in here wondering if you are in labour or hatnot.

shadow- yay for good NT results- another milestone reached with flying colours! its nice ot have people knitting for you.

hi to everyone i have missed- that's as far as i can see back, hope everyone has a great weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mela, Im not sure of the brand, once i seen the price i didnt look any further, but its just so insanely gorgeous!! Im seriously leaning towards the valco comfort change centre, 18kg weight limit, and has everything there for around $230. For a white wooden one to match the cot, im looking around $300 all up with the matt and change caddy to store things on. Not much difference, but the caddy looks sorta flimsy. and most of them only go to about 12kgs.

Really im not sure we even need it, I just want it! Our room, where it would be, is detached from the house...and id be in the house most of the time so probably wouldnt use it much anyway...lol. I think i just like the idea of it all being together! lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks Em!

Oh man the whole house, so DD, DF and me have come down with this monster cold over the weekend. DF NEVER takes days off work and I've just sent him to bed to get some sleep (as DD is quiet and on the couch and i know I wouldnt be able to sleep so someone might as well try). I was awake until 2am making constant trips to the toilet and tossing, turning, wheezing etc. This is br00tal.

still, start of another week and I am now on the countdown now to 40 weeks, after reaching 20 on saturday. feels funny. it really does feel like this pregnancy has flown by.

hope everyone out there is feeling better than me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Hello everyone!

Sniper, I have a cold too! started Saturday night, and spent sunday lying around feeling sorry for myself and today working from home, feeling about 70%.

I had some betadine gargle on Sunday as I have a sore throat, then I paniced then thought I shouldn't have taken that before checking. DH texted our obs, he replied later that all was ok. Rest, rest, rest, is all I think I can do. How come I have to rest on the weekend!

Saw obs on Friday, all is going really well, I have a low lying placenta which he said we should monitor, it probably will get better, but if it doesn't I may have to have a caesarean. He's pro natural birth but if the placenta gets rubbed on during the birth it may lead to too much blood. I trust his word as I just want a healthy baby, and i need to be a healthy mum.

The great news is, he said the odds are heavily in my favour that I will have another baby. Women can have babies into their early 40's, but not to delay after baby 1. He suggested ending the breast feeding earlier as that stops your fertility (around six months), then your periods will come back and fingers crossed we'll get pregnant again. He said it may be hard, as I may miscarry again but you really have to try and give it a go. I agree, it may be hard, but we're going to give it a damn good try, and give our little boy a brother or sister. I'm so happy he's reassured me and given us a plan to work with!

Apart from all that pregnancy is going well, baby is the perfect size, I'm feeling what I think is kicks occasionally but not quite sure. Obs said it's a bit too early for really kicking feelings anyway. I think our obs is fantastic anyway, and even though he costs a small fortune, he's well worth every penny!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow sniper and lucky I hope u both start feeling better soon. Glad ur feeling confident with ur OB Lucky. Ive seen mine once and thought he was fantastic. Only another 6wks and i see him again - and hopefully find out the sex!!! SO Excited. YAY Sniper for 20wks! Bet ur excited!!

AFM - Went for my first round of exercise since finding out about bubs, and feeling great. Well, it wasnt REALLY exercise, SIL and I found the courage to go to the pool for a swim, attempting laps, this afternoon....BUT what we didnt count on was school holidays, and swim club training...lol...so we didnt actually swim, just spent about 90mins throwing a ball over the flags to eachother and walking the length of the pool.
    We've both agreed to try again next monday when schools back.