Thanks
    Reviews

Default periods after D&C procedure

Hi, I had a D&C at the end of July this year. My first period after the D&C (around 27 August)only lasted 3 days and was incredibly light, which is unusual for me. My second period after D&C (around 19 September) much the same. I have a short cycle (23 days) and have been using OPKs from the end of my last period to now to detect when I was ovulating but they have come back with negative result. My query really is whether the light, virtually non-existent periods I'm having can affect ovulation?? I would like to try and get pregnant again (hence why I'm using the OPKs) and am wondering how long my body's going to take to get back to "normal" after D&C.
    many thanks,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    The D&C in not the cause of you period irregularity. its the ovarian function, i.e. you are probably not ovulating as frequently as you might imagine. You probably have PCOS and if you don't settle you should see your GP for further advice. Don't forget if you are young you will do well.
    Cheers Dr Glenn Sterling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your response. I've never had any trouble with my cycles, except that as I've got older they've got shorter. I don't have and have never had PCOS or any other problems. I realise being older my ovarian function will be different to a 20 year old, but I would have thought that being able to get pregnant naturally (as I did) at 42 was a good sign, despite the fact that I miscarried?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks
    Got a clearer picture now. Yes you have done well to fall and you almost certainly did so because of a chromosomal problem with the baby and through no fault of your own, Good Luck and don't forget to seek help early if you cant fall again Cheers Glenn Sterling