User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How did you announce you were pregnant to your work colleagues?

Hi ladies,

In the next few weeks I will be announcing my wonderful news at work! I want to do something a bit different, maybe announcing "I'm pregnant" on a cake at afternoon tea or sending a cute email?

There are 5 girls in the office (out of 20) who are pregnant and want people to remember my announcement

Do you have any good ideas...I would love to hear what you did!

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sugarmum,

firstly congrats on your little bundle , I thought and thought about this, we have also had 4 prgnancies in very close rang of each other and I love to keep people guessing.
    What I did was took a photocopy of my ultrasound and wrote down the bottom 'Guess who's gonna be a mummy' and sat it on our lunch room table, it was a true hit in the office, I got lost of once they figured out who it was.

Good Luck
    Me 32 & DH 42
    DSD 12
    DS 9mths
    June 11th 2010
    Starting ttcing in the new year can't wait

Thanks
    Reviews
    The extreme levels of vomiting gave it away at around the 6 week mark...

Congratulations on the pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluky79 View Post
    Hi Sugarmum,

firstly congrats on your little bundle , I thought and thought about this, we have also had 4 prgnancies in very close rang of each other and I love to keep people guessing.
    What I did was took a photocopy of my ultrasound and wrote down the bottom 'Guess who's gonna be a mummy' and sat it on our lunch room table, it was a true hit in the office, I got lost of once they figured out who it was.

Good Luck
    i love this !!!!!!

i had a print out that was handed out in the morning meeting on top of what was spose to be morning training...... each said
    eg fri 21 nov
    training summary
    PREGANCY

guess whos pregnant!!!!!!!!!!

i was running the training so of course everyone guessed but wanted to do something diff
    DS1 11 October 2004
    DD1 8 August 2006
    DD2 24 March 2008
    DS2 2 January 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took a copy of my 13 week scan photos up to a group of people I supervise and said really seriously "Hi I just need to discuss this with you" When they put two and two together the screams soon alerted the rest of the workplace as to what was happening and soon everyone knew.
    I then emailed a copy of the scan photos around for anyone who was away that day to see.

Everyone was very excited even though we had another pregnancy in our work area at the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My boss was such a biatch... She knew something was up with me so took me into a meeting room and said ' I know what's up with you, word travels fast and I can't believe you thought you could keep it from me' so I of course said the usual ' I didn't want anyone to know till I was 12 weeks' to which she said 'your pregnant?!' she had no idea and completely bluffed me into telling her. She was also preggers and told me not to get my hopes up as I had alot of problems and would probably miscarry. Grrr I was so upset I went home and cries my eyes out! So hopefully your boss is nicer then that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Princessmum, your boss is a complete biatch!! How horrible.

Everyone else has put so much effort in to their announcements. My office manager already knows, i told her a few weeks ago because of so many appt's etc. And then due to my bosses trying to organise a physical activity next week, i told the office manager to tell them i was UTD so we couldn't do that. So i'm pretty sure the bosses found out this week. At 12 weeks I'll confirm with them that it's all good (a couple know of my miscarriage) and then just tell the rest at our weekly team meeting. Not very exciting. lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    My workplace didn't give a toss. Others had announced their pregnancies and the response was general apathy which was humiliating for a few of the girls involved. So I didn't announce mine. My feeling was that it was my workplace, not my social outlet so, in truth, I didn't really think it was any of their business. I've worked in medium to large offices though. Would a smaller office be more accommodating/caring perhaps? I do recall walking into a small office and seeing a shiny balloon with "Sharon, due in January!" written on it tied to a desk.

Mind you, if I experienced what PrincessMum did from her boss I'd have her up on harrassment and bullying charges so fast she'd forget her own name. I cannot believe in this day and age bosses will put themselves in such a stupid position with that carry on. Unbelieveable.

Tam-I-Am is offline Winner 2009 - Most Helpful Member Award
    Winner 2007 The most helpful moderator/admin award
    2008 AWARD WINNER - The most polite member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    I just told them at a team meeting one day, with my first pregnancy. I was already showing and half the office already knew - it was really only a surprise to 2 people and they were genuinely excited and happy for me.

With my 2nd, it was just me and my boss, so I told him when I was about 8 weeks because I was as sick as a dog. He was great.

So...not very exciting
    "Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." -Elizabeth Stone

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't, I told my boss (who was incredibly supportive) and then I shifted jobs from cooking on the floor (on my feet 10 hours a day) to my boss' assistant. I didn't feel the need to tell anyone else, they pretty much just figured it out.