+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Does anyone else have a fear of vomitting?

I used to be 50kg ish but at my very very worst depths of anxiety, I practically became anorexic and was 43kg!! That was when DD was about 1 year old. Since then, I have been on antidepressants and anxiety tablets which for the most part keep my phobia on track and I have been steady at about 59kg the past couple of years (good for my short stature of 158cm). However I went off my meds in November, had a relapse and am subsequently about 55kg. Gone back on meds, and have a slight improvement, but nowhere near where I was at prior to going off

I made a quick recovery, and although I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, it did prove to me that I won't die from gastro!! Still freaking out about it though, hoping it doesn't do the rounds of our family again. I'm cleaning like a crazy person. I hate that this phobia controls so much of my life

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I only weigh 50kgs (164cm). Put on 17 kgs when preg with DS. I weighed a happy 55kgs after i had DS then lost it due to that bad gastritis and lost 6kgs in3 weeks and ended up in hospital.
    Now I am pregnant again (2 years after that gastro) I hope to put it back on again.

I went of anti anxiety meds and felt better. Hated the side effect but did manage to put on weight but I came off them only after 3-4 months. Coming off them was the worst thing ever (started a new job too) and vowed never to go on them again.

In saying that there are times I struggle so much I REALLY need them. I pop the occasional Xanax (I know it's bad) when heading out to social things because I couldn't handle it.

I hate it. I have seen a psychologist about it all but hasn't really all helped a huge amount although came a long way since it initially came back after gastro (that year was a crappy year for me, too and also suffered PTSD from birth of DS).

I'm glad you got through it! Well done on not freaking out too much!! You guys are right the thought of it is way worse....argh still really don't want it that last bad one I had was the worst I have ever felt in my life and it scares me!

Hope it doesn't go back around to your family and that's it for a long time xxx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Does anyone else have a fear of vomitting?

I am only 42kg
    That is mostly genetic though. Have only ever been heavier while pregnant. I do struggle with eating though. If i eat too much i feel sick (or think I do) and if I don't eat I feel sick so then I don't want to eat and its a big vicious cycle.

I am thinking of going to the doctor and getting something for anxiety to see if that helps. I feel hideous every day now with some sort of brain fog and I can't cope any longer. I am too scared though because most medications have a number one side effect of nausea!

Does anyone else freak out about taking new medications?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My weight is around 50kgs when not pregnant but I have no issues with eating, I love food and eats lots of it.

Thanks
    Reviews

I love eating and food but these days feel sick when eating it. I never fully recovered tummy wise from gastritis and tum always sore BUT I do think some is psychological. sigh.

Thanks
    Reviews

And in regards to the meds, I was put on mirtazapine. It actually has anti nausea med in it to, can't remember with one but I felt real good on it and are lots. Put on weight. But made me feel really groggy in the morning and has full on dreams. I think it's known to have lower side affects than compared to others available.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I was pregnant with DS when I was put on citalopram (cipramil), I was soooo freaked out about the side effects and actually threw my first prescription out. Then realised that I needed them and had to go back to my psychiatrist with my tail between my legs and explain why I didn't have the script anymore.... Woooops. In the end, the worry was for nothing and my psych weaned me onto them very slowly so I had no side effects. I also had xanax for panoc attacks. Upped my dose when DS was born and stayed steady, healthy and happy for 2 years with little or no worry about this phobia.

My psych felt I was 'better' in October last year so I very slowly weaned off, I did have some side effects but not gastric ones, more fuzziness, brain zaps and eye problems. Once I was off our life fell apart *facepalm* We had major problems selling our house and financing our renovation, when the house did sell we couldn't find a 6 month rental, we had to move in with Mum & Dad, financially we were flat broke, it was leading up to Christmas etc. and I just fell apart. My first inkling was that I had started obsessing about gastro again, was researching ecoli, and salmonella and convincing myself they kids would get sick. I was spending hours googling. It was just wrong. We ended up finding a rental and getting finances for our Reno sorted 2 weeks before Christmas...... I went on Lexapro (no side effects) and I've seen slight improvements (eg. How I handled this week) but I'm not all the way there yet. I see my psych again at the end of Jan........

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum2EandR For This Useful Post:

cealz  (05-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Argh MS is so not good when you have a fear of vomiting

Spewed twice in last two days, but I must admit I can handle it somehow. Maybe because I know the whole stomach contents won't clear out.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mum2EandR View Post
    I was pregnant with DS when I was put on citalopram (cipramil), I was soooo freaked out about the side effects and actually threw my first prescription out. Then realised that I needed them and had to go back to my psychiatrist with my tail between my legs and explain why I didn't have the script anymore.... Woooops. In the end, the worry was for nothing and my psych weaned me onto them very slowly so I had no side effects. I also had xanax for panoc attacks. Upped my dose when DS was born and stayed steady, healthy and happy for 2 years with little or no worry about this phobia.

My psych felt I was 'better' in October last year so I very slowly weaned off, I did have some side effects but not gastric ones, more fuzziness, brain zaps and eye problems. Once I was off our life fell apart *facepalm* We had major problems selling our house and financing our renovation, when the house did sell we couldn't find a 6 month rental, we had to move in with Mum & Dad, financially we were flat broke, it was leading up to Christmas etc. and I just fell apart. My first inkling was that I had started obsessing about gastro again, was researching ecoli, and salmonella and convincing myself they kids would get sick. I was spending hours googling. It was just wrong. We ended up finding a rental and getting finances for our Reno sorted 2 weeks before Christmas...... I went on Lexapro (no side effects) and I've seen slight improvements (eg. How I handled this week) but I'm not all the way there yet. I see my psych again at the end of Jan........
    Hugs!!!! Anxiety gets so bad when stress is involved I hate it

Thanks
    Reviews

I would say that I am also a bit of a germaphobe but mostly when I know people around me are sick. DD vomited this morning everywhere for reasons we aren't sure of yet and I handled it really well, I even surprised myself as I also cleaned it up afterwards. She went straight back to her normal self afterward eating and playing that you would have never known so we remain baffled what it was but I am hoping it doesn't strike me I caught a tummy bug from my niece in November and was really brave and spewed in a bucket that I carried around in preparation for over an hour, this statement may seem strange but my phobia has been so bad at times that I have not eaten for days, never spewed in a toilet out of fear, never spewed in a bucket or even looked comfortably at a bucket to name a few of my quirks. I hope that I continue to find this inner strength.