+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Does anyone else have a fear of vomitting?

I know how you feel fiery. I don't know why it's such a scary thing? I mean after all it's vomit it's a natural occurrence?
    I wish I would just act like it was.

If I were you right now I would be so scared too. And I certainly wouldn't be sleeping

I specifically didn't go to the shops the last 2 weeks before Xmas knowing its gastro season and didnt want it for Xmas. So many people have been hit with it this month - it scares me
    I just couldn't handle another crappy Xmas

Wish I just didn't give a cr@p

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Oh Fiery, I hope your DD doesn't catch it! I would be freaking too How is your niece today?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mum2EandR View Post
    How is your niece today?
    They had to take her to hospy about 830 this morning and had her on hydralite ice blocks. She's picked up really well since so can safely say she's on the mend. No one else has contracted it so fx it stays that way. My SIL is not phased one little bit when she's got to clean/collect spew. I wish I could be the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my goodness Fiery. Hope you are ok and no one else catches it. If that was me I would be having a massive freak out that someone was sick in my house. Would not have slept a wink. And then spend the next couple of days watching every slight sign that someone else was getting it!

I am so pathetic that if we are moving house I have to make sure the layout is such that if DH gets sick there is somewhere I can be that is way away from where he would be banished and far away from the bathroom with doors between. So stupid but it freaks me out that much!

My phobia is now more about other people being sick than myself. It started off being about me when I was little and then I wouldnt want to be near anyone who was sick incase I caught it. Now I just cant stand it fullstop. Like even I would rather work fulltime while DH stays home with the girls in case they get sick so he has to look after them.

I just want it to go away

Thanks
    Reviews

Agh my brother is starting to feel crook in the guts now. I hope it's just from the KFC he ate. I'm freaking out here. Niece is back to normal and hasn't been sick since Wednesday night. Surely we'd all be safe by now???
    I wish they'd go home. I sound so cruel saying that but they've been here for 2 weeks already and we don't really have the space and it's like an overstayed visit IYKWIM. I'm currently separated but I just want my husband to hold me and calm me down. I need him around coz I don't want to do this parenting gig on my own, I just can't. :'(

Thanks
    Reviews

How did your brother go last night? I hope everything turned out ok, I would want them to
    Leave too so don't feel bad
    It must be so hard doing it on your own! Do you have any friends that you could talk to about your phobia?

Thanks
    Reviews

He's woken up fine . He had blood taken out yesterday and then went bowling so it wasn't a smart move.
    Mum knows of my phobia and a good friend in brissy. I did some EFT last night (expecting the worst in my brother) and it actually helped me. I might look into some EFT sessions by a trained practitioner so I can be rid of this phobia altogether.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What is EFT?
    I have this phobia also but it has improved a bit just because I have been forced to deal with it, hubby works away and I have had DD have spews while he is gone. It still makes me panic but I am not as bad as I used to be. I don't think I'll ever be okay with it but I can deal with it without completely falling apart and I think that is a milestone for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

Yes interested to know what EFT involves

Thanks
    Reviews

It's best to google it but it stands for emotional freedom technique. It's using acupressure on certain parts of the body. You tap simultaneously to release negative energy and emotions.