+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Does anyone else have a fear of vomitting?

I have emetophobia too. Have for years, although when I am on antidepressants for my anxiety it is alot better. I have done CBT too, but I think the medication has made the most difference to me

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Does anyone else have a fear of vomitting?

Yes I really wish I didn't though. It is getting worse now if that is even possible. I think mine is making me have general anxiety now. Have had it as long as I can remember and it is in the back of my mind all day every day.

Agree with others about it being worse at night. As soon as anyone makes one slight peep I am in a stress thinking they are waking up sick.

It is nice to know I am not alone with this ridiculous thing. It makes me so mad because I know it is so stupid and not something that needs to be scary.

Hugs to everyone else suffering with this.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I was thinking I can't remember the last time I vomited (sober/non hungover) but I can it was in year 8 *whisper...cough* 1996. I don't do vomiting, I can't stand it. DP can't understand why I'm so uncaring when he is sick but I just freak out, I can't cope I try. I'm on antidepressant for may anxieties and it does help, I didn't end up a crying sweating mess last time he was sick.

My only fear in labour was vomiting, I brought my own sick bags. I made it vom free through.

Thanks
    Reviews

I never knew there were others that felt like this too. It's so nice to know I'm not alone. I have had a fear if vomiting for as long as I can remember and will fight it till the death! Il do anything not to vomit. Luckily I haven't vomited in my last pregnancy or this one. It's so rare that I do vomit because I fight it so hard I guess.

I feel like its getting worse as I get older. Dealing with DD when she vomits is so traumatic :-( I don't think I have dealt with it on my own yet, fingers crossed I never have to!!! If DH is sick I also have to get as far away as possible. I also find I try and encourage him to fight it and give him drugs/water ect but he is always like I'd rather get it out. It doesn't bother him at all. I so wish I could be like that :-(

Thanks
    Reviews

Me. I always have. When ever I've been sick and had to vomit, if someone else has been around, I need to have them with me as it makes me kind of panicky! Something about the way it makes me feel out of control of my body freaks me out! I cry for like ten minutes afterwards.

This is my first pregnancy and fortunately, I haven't had a whole lot of MS. I did once have to pull over on my way to work and spew on the side of the road. It was traumatizing!

I can deal with it if I have to, it just takes me a few minutes to gather myself and calm down. Ugh!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Wow. Reading this thread has been amazing. I have a fear of vomiting, but it doesn't extend to others vomiting - just me. My DH is a chucker. He spews at the drop of a hat and I really wish I could have an attitude towards it like him!! He doesn't care! I had terrible MS in both my pregnancies. I always fight the vomit urge to the death but when I was pg I didn't always win. The whole thing made me so anxious . I used to be a terrible migraine sufferer and would lie there for a whole day suffering hideous nausea but refusing to vomit. Sigh.

I had a gastro bug a few weeks ago and managed to only vomit once. I swear if I'd just let go and spewed another 3 or 4 times I would have recovered much more quickly. I ended up not being able to eat for days, a week of stomach cramps and days of diarrhoea. I'm pretty certain I brought that on myself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I used to have this phobia. I could count on one hand the amount of time I spewed in my life. Then my 1 year old boy started daycare and so it began... Gastro, gastro, gastro.

I think having a misscarriage, while driving from Newcastle to Melbourne, with my DS, myself and DH, having to stop every 30mins for a spew or poo I think I have GASTRO PHOBIA.

We drove home so my family could look after us ( and me have a DNC). It was the most traumatic time of my life. I drove myself to hospital so DH could look after DS who was spewing also. Terrible just terrible.

I feel for everybody here. Seeing other people spew doesn't worry me one bit though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I suffer from sever emetephobia. I also have anxiety... A lot of it comes from this fear too

It consumes me. I'm obsessed with people vomiting. I petrified of being in public and someone chucks near me, I have seen vomit sprawled on the floor in public places and it's totally freaked me out.

I am petrified if DS vomits, I am also scared during the night I'm going to wake up to him vomited In his bed ( he's only done this once thankfully).

So scared of the word gastro. I've always had this phobia since I was very little (I used to vomit quite a bit as a child especially if I had heavy food) and think it started from that. Then as I hit high school I pretty much got over it, still hated it but could deal with it. Then a few years ago I got gastritis and was seriously unwell for a good month ( tummy still hasn't quite recovered) and I am obsessed with thinking I'm getting sick and anyone getting sick around me

I hate it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Mumjez, I hear you, I had a panic attack at work cause I thought I had gastro again and DH is FIFO so no help at home. I put a work mate on notice that I would call them if I had to take myself to hospital again.

Thanks
    Reviews

My brother and his family are here staying with us for Christmas. My 3 year old niece has gastro and I'm so worried my 15 month DD will get it too. I just want to run away and hide. It's 3am and I can hear her (niece) crying which means she's had another upchuck. My heart is racing and I'm so cranky that she's gotten sick whilst she's down here. Seriously?!?
    I wish I didn't have a phobia, it's so debilitating and inevitable I'll have to clean up after my DD one day (currently separated)