+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    simba6 is offline Always bring your own sunshine! :-D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Vomiting terrifies me,i was 20 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child and got a very bad vomiting bug,which resulted in the placenta coming away ,i lost my baby :-( i hadn't vomited since that day in 2008,i have learnt to physc myself out of it some how

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cindye View Post
    Me too! I literally cry everytime I vomit I hate it so much.

My stomach turns when I see or hear anyone else vomit too.

A friend of mine suffers from terrible migranes and often throws up when she has them. She tells me that throwing up is a lot nicer if you've just eaten oreos! But I don't ever want to test that theory because it would require vomiting...
    I'm exactly the same - I would go as far as saying I'm a vomit phobic and will do everything it takes not to vomit...even if vomiting will make me feel better .

The oreo thing is false too. I had salmonella poisoning (from chicken) when I was 14....the last thing I ate before bed that night was half a pack of delta creams (same as oreos) and I have never touched a delta cream since then. It was horrible .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's my phobia too. Gastro is my worst nightmare.
    Even giving birth was horrible for me because my body was pushing her out by itself & my stomach was heaving like it does when you're sick. I'm not looking forward to it again.
    Dp just says oh well if you're sick, you're sick & shrugged his shoulders. He just doesn't get it.

I can't even be in the same room as my kids when they're sick. My natural instinct is to run from it. I feel like such a bad mother.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I am huge vomit phobic - i will go out of my way to try and stop myself being sick and avoid anything that might lead to me being sick. I shake and cry and panic - i hate it so much.
    What is worse to me though is other people being sick - i can not handle seeing it, hearing it or smelling it
    I have literally ran from the room when DD started spewing (don't worry i came right back but my natural response was to flee the scene).
    I cleaned DD's vomit for the first time a few weeks ago (usually that is DH's job but he wasn't there - was bound to happen eventually) and i was shaking so much.
    I don't think i'll ever get over it - it is the my worst fear.
    Last edited by MothersMilk; 27-09-2010 at 15:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd rather be sick all day long than vomit and feel better....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    I cleaned DD's vomit for the first time a few weeks ago (usually that is DH's job but he wasn't there - was bound to happen eventually) and i was shaking so much.
    I don't think i'll ever get over it - it is the my worst fear.
    Same here. It's DP's job to do the vomits and mine to do the poos. He's away for the next month....bloomin hope it DS1 or 2 don't do a vomit while he's gone. The one time i braved it to do DS1's vomit was when he did it during dinner in his high chair (he'd choked on a corn chip). I just stood the whole chair in the shower and stripped it all off, took the grate off the drain, and went at it with the shower. When all the 'bits' were gone i disinfected it and was as good as new. Still, not something i hope to be doing again soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yanno, I used to think so but I think it was just me being afraid of getting sick in general. My XDP brought home about 5 gastro bugs in a row from his work and promptly passed them onto me and one NASTY one onto my son, which landed him in hospital for days. I lost about 10 kgs and ended up with horrible reflux.

I got terribly drunk at the Hyatt not long ago and was sooooo hungover the next day. I was lying in bed, dizzy and nauseated and I stood up and promptly ran to the toilet and spewed about $200 worth of gourmet Japanese food out of my nose. I was SO glad I did it because I went for a nice, long walk with DP along the river and got to enjoy the day, rather than lying in bed feeling lousy.

When DS pukes I swiftly clean it up - DP is the sympathy spewer out of the two of us. Must admit I was close not long ago when DS threw up allllllll over his bed and I couldn't get it out for the life of me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kobismum View Post
    I'd rather be sick all day long than vomit and feel better....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I absolutely HATE the thought of vomiting!

I was so thankful I didn't get morning sickness when I was pregnant, but I ended up vomiting close to 20 times during my 28 hour labor due to the drugs and epidural. I hurled everything that by the end I was bringing up brown gunk
    It certainly forced me to face my fears head on, that I'm somewhat cured

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Does anyone else have a fear of vomitting?

I was about to start a new thread about emetephobia but found this one instead. I am a sufferer and will do anything to avoid spewing. If someone feels sick or is sick it sets off my anxiety and I start shaking. I've recently become a single mum and I'm staying at my parents place ATM, but tonight my 14 month old DD has woken up sick and I handled it ok the first time, but now I'm dreading if she's gonna do it again as she's spewed 4 times now. My heart starts pounding, my stomach knots and I too just want to run away from the situation. Mum has gotten up everytime she's spewed coz she can hear her crying so it's nice to have someone else here but how will I cope when she's older or if no one else is around. Everytime she stirs my heart races. This is horrible. The one thing I suck at as a mother. I'm glad I'm not alone but it doesn't stop the phobia. Why couldn't it be a phobia of something else?
    I hate seeing my baby girl sick and I don't want her to develop a phobia with it either. This is so hard