+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow mum2EandR you've had a ripper of a week. Well done for not going overboard. I go absolutely spastic with germ killing tactics to stop the spread of the virus. You've got a lot more guts than me hanging out with someone who's been sick. I heard it can be contagious for 3 days afterwards. I'm not sure if my bro has gastro or just a 12 hour bug. He hasn't spewed anymore and we haven't seen him for hours from his bedroom but he did take some codeine for back pain which can knock you out, so he's more than likely sleeping it off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by summastarlet View Post
    I faced my worst nightmare a few weeks ago. DS1 (20 months) got gastro and my husband was away at work for another week and a half. I was in a total state of anxiety and wanted to run away but I sucked it up and did my best. DS2 escaped unscathed (thank goodness as he's only 4.5 months old) but I ended up sick as well. By the time I got sick DS1 was better so that was something. I survived it all with no help (my parents were overseas at the time..just my luck) but it's not something I want to relive any time soon. Really need to book in for some hypnotherapy to try and combat this phobia!
    Oh no summerstarlet you poor thing. What an awful thing to endure and I know how much you didn't want to deal with it whilst your DH was away. Glad to hear that you've come out the other side and that DS2 didn't get sick. Fx it won't make an appearance for a long long long time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had hypnotherapy for this so I can highly recommend!!! I still get a wee bit panicked but rarely and I am a damn sight better than what I was a few years ago. Even managed to go to India, one of the dirtiest countries and survived! Anyway...sorry for butting in. I just saw this thread and thought I'd add my 2c :-)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ReBeCcA7 For This Useful Post:

Mum2EandR  (03-10-2013),summastarlet  (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    Wow mum2EandR you've had a ripper of a week. Well done for not going overboard. I go absolutely spastic with germ killing tactics to stop the spread of the virus. You've got a lot more guts than me hanging out with someone who's been sick. I heard it can be contagious for 3 days afterwards. I'm not sure if my bro has gastro or just a 12 hour bug. He hasn't spewed anymore and we haven't seen him for hours from his bedroom but he did take some codeine for back pain which can knock you out, so he's more than likely sleeping it off.
    Yes it's 72 hours Fiery! We are officially in lockdown at work up to 72 hours after the last 'episode', it was 48 hours with our friends so I'm hoping we are all ok......

Hope your brother is feeling better soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel for you mum2EandR i have always had to do it alone when they get sick, it makes it so much harder.
    Fiery, I am the same, if someone is sick I literally follow where they have been with glen 20

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I was feeling pretty confident that no one else has caught it by getting on top of the germs, however, my dad had horrid wind pains up in his chest all afternoon and a headache and has just spewed up so I'm telling myself it was just the pork he had for lunch today, but it's prob the tummy bug. It's only a 12 hour bug so I'm going crazy with the glen20 again. Waaa. I want to be anywhere but here right now. I'm definitely facing my fear. If I didn't have my DD I'd prob be sleeping in the car or crashing at a friends (yes I'm serious, don't laugh). I'm prob not going to get any sleep tonight either. Please God no one else get sick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No laughing here Fiery. My DH had a stomach bug once (8 years ago) and I left the house until he was better and then after I returned would not go near him for days and slept in a different room. This was pre-kids, thankfully.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lock you and DD in your room.

Sent from my LT15i using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RoseBetweenTheThorns For This Useful Post:

MothersMilk  (04-10-2013),Mum2EandR  (04-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no Fiery!!! I would leave lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2EandR View Post
    Oh no Fiery!!! I would leave lol!
    Thanks for the compassion everyone. I did end up leaving and I'm staying at my brothers house for as long as I need lol. Mum started feeling sick too and I heard my dad spewing again. He sounded like he was dying. Was awful. I am feeling fine (except for a mini freak out) and DD appears ok although she went in and picked up the toilet brush today so I sprayed her with glen20 and sanitized her hands lol. Do you think I've dodged it. Perhaps my germaphobe has helped me out coz I constantly sanitize etc. Anyway I'll keep you posted. I'm not having a panic attack or anything so that's something .