+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Does anyone else have a fear of vomitting?

Where was the first post fiery?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Does anyone else have a fear of vomitting?

Quote Originally Posted by MummaJez View Post
    Where was the first post fiery?
    I posted it on the 6th February.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agh. On gastro watch AGAIN.. Yay.

My dr at work has had it today and yesterday and been at work with it (but banned away from patients)..

Fx I don't get it! Won't be fun being 28 preg too. :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Freaking out. My bro and his gf have got gastro so I'm really hoping DD or me won't get it. I am glen20 everything and have bleached the toilet wearing gloves and a mask. I am not a good patient when I'm sick but I also cannot handle it when others are sick. Really hope my germaphobe efforts will pay off. Wish I was anywhere else but here.
    Last edited by Fiery; 08-10-2013 at 20:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no! Hope you and DD don't get it!

It's going around Australia big time ATM! So many people have it go away gastro germs please!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was looking for this thread this week!!!!!

Oh no Fiery, WTF is with your family being sick at your house?!?!?! Hope you make it through unscathed and aren't panicking badly.....

I just had to face my worst ever nightmare this week..... I work in aged care and we are currently in lockdown due to a gastro outbreak among the residents and staff. I am not in direct contact with residents (I'm in HR) but my office is in the nursing home which currently has 18 residents and 8 staff affected. It horrible. And I had to work all week! We used PPE and masks while walking through the affected rooms, but it was a really challenging week overall. Thankfully I'm off now until Tuesday so I get a break!

I didn't freak, and I didn't obsessively research or hand wash or anything! So proud!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum2EandR For This Useful Post:

Fiery  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Well done Mum2EandR, that would have been such a challenging week.
    Hope you remain unscathed Fiery, I go into complete panic mode when exposed to gastro so understand your fear.
    DD1 vomited this morning, I didn't freak out - I did start gagging while cleaning it but instead of spending the rest of my day in panic mode, I have been fine. It appears it was just a one off spew and she has been normal and eating but usually when this happens I a complete mess of fear - barely functioning. So I have come a long way to be able deal with a spew incident without falling apart.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

Fiery  (08-10-2013),Mum2EandR  (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just saw this thread, I am so glad I found it, I have always been phobic and was until a couple of years ago I read that it is a genuine phobia. Yay for not being alone!

Sent from my LT15i using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RoseBetweenTheThorns For This Useful Post:

Mum2EandR  (03-10-2013),MummaJez  (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nice to meet you Rose! Come and be crazy with us!

Me & the kids went to the beach this afternoon with some friends who have had the gastro through their house for the past 14 days. It had been 2 days since anyone had puked so I sucked it up and agreed to go. I just keep reminding myself that I need to face my fear, and that means being uncomfortable sometimes......

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum2EandR For This Useful Post:

RoseBetweenTheThorns  (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I faced my worst nightmare a few weeks ago. DS1 (20 months) got gastro and my husband was away at work for another week and a half. I was in a total state of anxiety and wanted to run away but I sucked it up and did my best. DS2 escaped unscathed (thank goodness as he's only 4.5 months old) but I ended up sick as well. By the time I got sick DS1 was better so that was something. I survived it all with no help (my parents were overseas at the time..just my luck) but it's not something I want to relive any time soon. Really need to book in for some hypnotherapy to try and combat this phobia!