+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Does anyone else have a fear of vomitting?

Oh hope it was a one off spew

Funny you mention that about a bucket. I can't handle looking at one or even the word I can't handle :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I hope everyone has stayed healthy Bub!!! I am the opposite, I won't spew in a toilet because the last time I had true gastro (caught off my niece as well funnily enough) I was spewing in the toilet and poo'd my pants..... Yuck. Had no idea I was going 'both ends'. So now I sit on a toilet with a bucket. Makes me feel safe. I guess that sounds weird, but this phobia isn't really normal is it?!?!

Thanks
    Reviews

How is everyone going?!?

My family headed to our skyshow for Australia Day and a little boy spewed up right next to them on the picnic rug... I'm very glad I wasn't there.. I would have seriously panicked!! This fear is so not good for my anxiety...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep, badly. I will lay on the ground and hold my breathe rather than vomit and get it over quickly. Hate it!

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh no MummaJez!! Hope you can relax soon

I'm doing ok, with all the weather here and things flooding left, right and centre I've had other things to worry about!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh that's so terrible I hope your ok and keeping safe. I've seen things on TV and it loos frightening not what QLD needs again x

Thanks
    Reviews

What is it with people getting sick whilst at my house?!?
    My niece was sick over Xmas whilst staying here from QLD and now my brother came around tonight for tea and had to make a toilet dash with the runs, then was spewing up later. Noooo. I was feeding DD so heard EVERYTHING!!!
    I'm in my bedroom ATM with DD waiting for him and his wife to go home. I am flying out on Saturday and hoping and praying so much me and my DD don't get sick.
    It could be food poisoning from some bad chicken but gastro is going around too so it's 50/50.
    Normally I'd be freaking right out but I'm actually not too bad. I think since I've been wearing an amber and pink agate necklace I bought for myself and DD it's calmed down my anxiety A LOT cause another fear I have is flying and guess what? I'm getting on a plane on my own with a toddler in 3 days. Eek. Sorry I'm rambling now. Just needed a place to offload.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a definite fear of vomiting. I have been known to sleep upright to avoid being sick. I fall apart when the kids are sick but as its happened when DH hasn't been home I've had to deal with it.

I have always had a fear of being sick in the toilet or a bucket so have always used the sink but since we moved in our new house (gastro went through on move in day) I braved the toilet, sink didn't somehow seem right lol.

I have stomach issues that like others always seem to be worse at night so I often take a maxolon before bed as it seems to take the nausea away and reduce the fear that I'm going to be sick.

I cannot be around people who are being sick and even if I'm told someone has gastro my first thought is when was the last time I saw them and start counting down the days until I think we are clear. My stomach automatically gets queasy and my mind goes into overdrive. I am quite thin for my height and gastro can leave me in hospital, as it did with my DS and that freaks me too.

Didn't actually realise how bad I was until I wrote this down 😯

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh no Fiery!!! WTF is with that?!?! You are doing soooo well!! Might need to get myself one of those necklaces!

Icandream - you don't sound bad or crazy. You sound like a typical emetaphobe. Everything you said I identify with and I'm sure so do a lot of people in this thread. I hope you find some support here

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry I realised I double posted