+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Question Does anyone else have a fear of vomitting?

Or am I totally alone in this?

When I was pregnant with DS1, I was really sick and was vomitting throughout the whole pregnancy. Ever since then I have this fear and will do anything not to vomit.

Even right at this second I am trying to will myself not to even though I know that I will feel better afterwards.

Does anyone know how to overcome this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely. Almost phobic! Bit hard when I was sick for 20 weeks of my first pregnancy!
    I just did everything not to throw up. Took zofran wafers that helped me not actually vomit. Didn't take the nausea away though.
    Wore sea bands as well.
    I know it's gross, but when I did ABSOLUTELY have to I ran the tap, so I could rinse my mouth out straight away.
    Miserable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wish I knew. I threw up several times a day for 9 months with DS and this time twice as much. I still fear vomitting, my midwife thinks I'm slightly traumatised.

I will lie in bed at might for hours feeling **** not game to move even though I know as soon as I move and throw up I'll be able to sleep but I avoid it until I can't anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Leisa21 View Post
    I
    I will lie in bed at might for hours feeling **** not game to move even though I know as soon as I move and throw up I'll be able to sleep but I avoid it until I can't anymore.
    Yeah, that is exactly what I do. I am so glad that I am not alone. My DH just thinks I should just do it to get it over with but I just can't bring myself to do it.

I am so sorry that you are going through it twice as bad, this time around.

Tatiana - I might have to get me some of those seabands. I have been taking Maxalon but it doesn't seem to be working that well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hate vomiting so so much. I was lucky to only vomit once when pregnant with DS2, but it was horrible. DP hangs it on me now because i went outside to do it as i didn't think i'd be able to sit at the toilet to do it, i did it all over the pavement . He was a gem though and got buckets of water to wash it away. I can't even stand other peoples vomit, or hearing them do it. I used to lie in bed to find my 'happy place' so i wouldn't be sick. I'm such a wuss. Even now, when i feel nauseated, have half a teaspoon of bicarb soda in half a glass of water to settle my tummy. It tastes cr@p, but i'd rather have that than vomit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Me too! I literally cry everytime I vomit I hate it so much.

My stomach turns when I see or hear anyone else vomit too.

A friend of mine suffers from terrible migranes and often throws up when she has them. She tells me that throwing up is a lot nicer if you've just eaten oreos! But I don't ever want to test that theory because it would require vomiting...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I used to. I used to get soooo scared of vomiting. During my pregnancies it was awful. I never actually vomited but the feeling like I was going to constantly had me barely leave the house because if I was going to vomit it had to be at my house where I could then curl in to a ball and feel really sorry for myself! I think my biggest fear is that I vomit through my nose as well but it gets stuck in your nose so you have to blow it out, which makes you taste the vomit and then some goes down the back of your throat and gets stuck so you have to bring that up too. It really prolongs the being sick process. If I vomited, DH had to clean the bucket for me.

I don't enjoy vomiting (who does) but I no longer fear it. I don't know what to tell you. I've had more gastro viruses in the not quite 5 years that DD1 has been born than I had in my whole life prior to that (I can recall three in the first 22 years of my life....since then I've had 5 or 6...this year I had it twice 3 months apart) and it has cured me. I no longer fear it. I'd rather just get it over and done with so I can feel better for a while.

I don't know what to tell you considering that yours came from excessive vomiting but when I'm vomiting in my head I am just telling myself 'you're okay, it will be over soon and you'll feel better. You're okay.' It helps me not to freak out when I can't breathe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, been phobic about it since I was 3 years old (think it stemmed from having cyclic vomiting as a baby).

I can't go anywhere without a Zofran wafer in my bag. And I will literally scream in terror if I think I'm going to be sick for any reason (doesn't help having Chrone's disease).

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    yup, emetephobia
    I had hyperemesis, which aggrevated this, and I've have a panic attack everytime I felt ill.
    eventually I was vomitting every 20mins 24/7 so went to hospital, they gave me lovely drugs and I only vomitted 2-3 times a day for the next 10 weeks (had 24weeks of morning sickness)
    which was such a relief.
    I was a wreck at the time, but the HG certainly forced me to face me fear!

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep. I thought i was alone cos no one seems to get i HATE vomitting and everyone is like 'well, no one likes vomitting...' but i have a serious fear. Worst part of pregnancy for me.