+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Getting a good deal on a pram - online or international shipping??

Hi guys,

I've decided on our pram, but it's a bit on the exy side (Baby Jogger Elite) so I want to shop around before we order it.

Any recommendations on pram services online or via international shipping would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    As soon as you go with international shipping the shipping prices are outrageous.. we wanted ours shipped from america and it was going to be like 300.00

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know a lady was looking into the bj select and including shipping and accessories came to under $900 from the us. Whereas here it's about $1,200.
    I'm getting my pram imported, but that's cause they don't sell it here. Shipping will be $300, but its the one I like has all I need etc...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't get over the price of prams here!!! I want one of those travel systems with the car seat and pram together...it's like $900.00 here. The same thing in the states is $135.00. Actually, all baby stuff in the states is about 3 times cheaper. To me, it would be cheaper to pay the shipping than to buy it here. Especially with the Aussie dollar as strong as it is at the moment. Sometimes you can find good deals on Ebay where the shipping isn't outrageous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameristralian View Post
    I can't get over the price of prams here!!! I want one of those travel systems with the car seat and pram together...it's like $900.00 here. The same thing in the states is $135.00. Actually, all baby stuff in the states is about 3 times cheaper. To me, it would be cheaper to pay the shipping than to buy it here. Especially with the Aussie dollar as strong as it is at the moment. Sometimes you can find good deals on Ebay where the shipping isn't outrageous.
    Yeah but then the capsules are not legal.. that is the problem I have now.. I brought mine from America when I came back from a visit and its not legal here and with the new laws coming here in WA I can get a fine for it..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found heaps of good reviews about countrymoosekids.com, im about to order a pram through them because the postage is so cheap, i got quoted $120 US for postage on a double pram to Australia, ill end up saving myself over $200 its definatly worth looking into i think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I can't offer actual advice on any particular site or shipping but just wanted to mention one thing about getting pram from O/S - you quite possibly won't be covered under warranty in Australia.
    So if something broke, or whatever, you'd have to ship it back O/S.

Just something to keep in mind re costs.

Happy shopping! Getting a pram was one of the hardest decisions we made.

We ended up with a Valco baby Rebel Q which we got for $700 at a recent Baby Expo - they usually have good deals on the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i just bought a baby jogger city select pram with an extra seat and a bassinette from http://babyontherun.com/ - its a baby shop in usa. have a look at their website and ask them for a quote

just keep in mind that any parcel over $1000AUS (including postage) will be subjected to import tax.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just bought our pram from the US. It is a baby jogger city Elite, and RRP was $899 in Australia, although some online have them for $750 ish.

We went with an eBay online store, as the shop we had picked out was going to charge a heap for freight. In the end, we paid $412 ($399 US) for the pram and about $130 for freight. So about $542 all up and the pram arrived after about a week. Brand new, with warrenty. The warrenty card says you deal with Baby Jogger directly, not the retailer, for problems so I don't see how it will matter where you bought it.

We love the pram, it is so smooth and for that price so worth it! I am happy to pass on details of the store, not sure if I can post them on here? If you want to, just PM me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bellaroan View Post
    The warrenty card says you deal with Baby Jogger directly, not the retailer, for problems so I don't see how it will matter where you bought it.
    our pram came with a warrenty card saying exactly the same thing! we also love our pram too