+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I found a great video on YouTube and it made me a little teary.. I wonder if we can birth like this in the public system.

Type this title into YouTube ----> The natural caesarean: a woman-centred technique <----

2. The Following User Says Thank You to iLOVEthree For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (23-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so pleased to have found this thread. I had such a wonderful c-section experience and it's great to hear others being positive about it also. I wish I had read these posts during my pregnancy. I read a lot about how women struggle with feeling like a failure from having to have a caesar, and while I'm really thankful that's not me, I always felt like I was a 'bit wrong' for being pleased that I had to have a c-section.

I had an accident as a teenager that has left me unable to have a vaginal birth and this has never bothered me one bit! Finding out that I was able to have a baby at all was the best news. The only problem with my birthing experience was that DD decided to come early and I went through contractions. That was not part of my plan. Silly me though, for 48 hours I thought I was having really annoying braxton hicks. When they were 10 min apart, I conceded and headed to the hospital. I ended up having an emergency c-section instead of an elective one and the only differences were that it was 10 days earlier and the anaesthetist's fees were higher (after hours!).

Aside from the contractions everything was great. DH was with me, I got to hold DD straight away and skin to skin started really quickly. In fact, I loved my hospital experience so much that I didn't want to go home. Recovery at home was great and after a few weeks I physically felt pretty normal (mentally though... well, I'm a first time mum so that's a different story!)

Thanks for letting me share.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 29Izzy For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (23-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SorensMum View Post
    I was chatting with a group of new mums and one said 'oh, how was your birth?' and I said 'well I had a c-section, baby was breech, so I didn't even go into labour', she then said 'well you didn't even have a birth then, you had an extraction'.

Which to a more sensitive person would've cut really deep and was totally inappropriate on her part.

Yes, technically a c-section isn't 'birthing', but I had a lovely 'extraction' and am looking forward to my next 'extraction', I've owned the term and use it quite often, it's no less, or no more than 'birth', it's just a different method of getting your baby from the womb and into your arms. Exact same result.
    How funny!
    I have given birth and to be honest for me, it was nothing to write home about.Yay for extractions!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (23-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Anymore stories to update?? I have to keep this thread alive until August 1 at least hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Loco when I get to a computer I will write my story.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (23-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ive been reading this to try and get over the fact i may need a csec. as lovely as the stories are they arnt making me feel any better, though i have enjoyed reading it. Maybe if i keep coming back to it it will start getting better over time.

How much resistance from your hospital did you encounter when asking to do things differently?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (23-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOVEthree View Post
    I found a great video on YouTube and it made me a little teary.. I wonder if we can birth like this in the public system.

Type this title into YouTube ----> The natural caesarean: a woman-centred technique <----

Thanks for the video link - that is a great video.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy in the Sky For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (23-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry Indigo - I just went with standard hospital procedure for mine, which wasn't an issue for me. Our hospital is a 'teaching' hospital, so we have most of the up to date modern approaches to c-sections, which made me happy.

I have my next c-section in less than 2 weeks!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (23-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Siesmum thank you

Sorensmum - that is SO exciting 2 wks.

Indigo - I'm looking forward to mine but whenever negative thoughts creep up I just read this thread omg I sound crazy dont I.
    That's why I must I must I must keep this thread alive. Hope OP doesn't mind

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy in the Sky View Post
    Thanks for the video link - that is a great video.
    I thought so too! Xx