+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A friend described the pulling and tugging as "like someone doing washing up in your belly." And when the time came for me, I got exactly what she meant!!

I like the handbag analogy too. All things that make you smile at the time

And no - you don't feel ANYTHING of the cutting! I even told the anesthetist I was scared of feeling the cut, and she pointed out that they had already done it...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (23-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I LOVE this thread! Thanks everyone for sharing their stories, I could re-read them over and over, keep them coming! I am looking forward to my elective c-section in a few weeks, and it's so nice to hear so many people being positive about the experience for a change!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to X'sMum For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (23-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    4babycino's just want to thank you again
    You've helped so many of us......!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

I cant tell you how happy I am that this thread is making a difference for some Things on the hub can be lost, invaded and just down right depressing, and I'm amazed that this has managed to stay positive!!

I'm not on the hub that much anymore - life is a tad bit hectic at the moment Thanks Loco for letting me know about my thread

Keep the stories coming and I hope that all of you that have your c-secs coming up soon, that they are as wonderful, empowering. emotional and memorable as mine was to me (I still get teary when I look at the photos or read my birth story)

Will try and pop in and see how are all of you are going and look forward to reading your stories

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4babycinos For This Useful Post:

4fullstop  (10-03-2011),earthfairy  (10-03-2011),LoCo  (23-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a wonderful thread, it's about time ceasareans are viewed in a bit of a brighter light

I've had 2 c-sections, my 1st was an emergency and my 2nd was an elective c-section. My 1st was quite traumatic but the surgery itself went well. My 2nd was beautiful, so calm, bub comes out crying, I get cuddles straight away, breastfeeding in recovery, never seperated from her.. loved every minute of it and would do it again in a heartbeat. It took a long time for me to accept that giving birth via c-section was the births laid out for me and i'm so happy with it now, i'm just greatful for my daughters everyday and I wouldn't change a thing.
    If i'm lucky enough to fall pregnant again, an elective c-section would be my first choice and I hope it would be just as empowering and wonderful as my 2nd one was.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dragon Fly For This Useful Post:

earthfairy  (10-03-2011),LoCo  (23-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I'm just going to gate crash ur thread for a sec
    I reckon u ladies who've had c-sections (elective or not) r awesome. Just because it wasn't a vaginal birth shld not b a reason for any mother to think she did any less of a 'job' birthing than the next woman. My best friend had a c-section 6mths ago (she has a very small frame and bubs was big) and we were talking the other day and she felt she had less of a "right" to talk about labour and birthing than me! Well I tell u what I pulled her up then and there I wasn't hearing any part of it
    As far as I'm concerned every woman who births a child vaginally or with a c- section deserves to feel like she has done a bloody awesome job because she has
    Once again sorry for intruding, but just wanted to let u all know I personally think u ladies r fantastic keep up the good work

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to poppyseed For This Useful Post:

beebs  (25-03-2011),earthfairy  (10-03-2011),LoCo  (23-04-2011),Mazntrav  (15-09-2011),MrJones&Me  (01-07-2011),Pinkzy  (10-03-2011)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by poppyseed View Post
    My best friend had a c-section 6mths ago (she has a very small frame and bubs was big) and we were talking the other day and she felt she had less of a "right" to talk about labour and birthing than me!
    Good on you for sticking up for your friend!

Shortly after I had DS1, I went to say something about "giving birth" and stopped short. I said to DH "Can I actually say that I gave birth?", he said "Of course you can" and I've never looked back.

As for having a "right" to talk about labour and birthing, my male obstetrician hasn't personally given birth, but he has every right to discuss it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (23-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Poppyseed Thank you for your very lovely post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post

Shortly after I had DS1, I went to say something about "giving birth" and stopped short. I said to DH "Can I actually say that I gave birth?", he said "Of course you can" and I've never looked back.

As for having a "right" to talk about labour and birthing, my male obstetrician hasn't personally given birth, but he has every right to discuss it.
    I was chatting with a group of new mums and one said 'oh, how was your birth?' and I said 'well I had a c-section, baby was breech, so I didn't even go into labour', she then said 'well you didn't even have a birth then, you had an extraction'.

Which to a more sensitive person would've cut really deep and was totally inappropriate on her part.

Yes, technically a c-section isn't 'birthing', but I had a lovely 'extraction' and am looking forward to my next 'extraction', I've owned the term and use it quite often, it's no less, or no more than 'birth', it's just a different method of getting your baby from the womb and into your arms. Exact same result.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (23-04-2011),Pinkzy  (10-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post

I also stop stort when i talk about giving birth, i've had a few 'you didnt give birth" and "you didnt do any work" comments. I know that a csection is a birth otherwise it means DS is still inside me and he is NOT, i need to get over it and say 'i gave birth' but its a hurdle i cannot jump.

Quote Originally Posted by SorensMum View Post
    I was chatting with a group of new mums and one said 'oh, how was your birth?' and I said 'well I had a c-section, baby was breech, so I didn't even go into labour', she then said 'well you didn't even have a birth then, you had an extraction'.

Which to a more sensitive person would've cut really deep and was totally inappropriate on her part.

Yes, technically a c-section isn't 'birthing', but I had a lovely 'extraction' and am looking forward to my next 'extraction', I've owned the term and use it quite often, it's no less, or no more than 'birth', it's just a different method of getting your baby from the womb and into your arms. Exact same result.
    I would have snapped back that "if a csection isnt a way to birth then neither is a vaginal birth where vontouse or forceps are used because they are extraction tools just like the scalpel and the OB's hands."

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Orris Apjoko For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (23-04-2011)