+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Oh gosh I love every single post on this thread. I can just read this thread over and over.

Is it normal to still be a little scared?? I mean just of the cutting ??
    Oh my goodness of course it's normal :-) !!!!!! First time around I was scared of the cutting , I Kept telling dh I was worried I would have an anxiety attack on the table as I thought me and my ridiculously graphic imaginitive mind would be sitting there imagining in detail getting cut blah blah ( you don't need to hear the rest !!) and I'd Just hyperventilate !!

But everything happens so calmly quickly and quietly that you don't know what they're doing at any given time throughout the actual op itself ( they talk to you and say " you might feel abit of pressure soon " or "we are just gonna do this " but they at no time actually say " ok we are just about to cut you open " lol , well mine didn't anyway !! Before I knew it all I heard was " are you ready to meet your baby " and I was like " WHAAAAT???? We just started!!

But all your fears are completely normal and I'll probaly have all mine again on the day as well as the excitement of knowing what I'm about to experience :-)

I'm so so happy this thread is helping people . I wish I'd had bubhub and this thread before my first c section :-)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heeeeerekittykitty For This Useful Post:

Bellaxo  (13-03-2014),LoCo  (09-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lol. I shared in mine that I didn't know he had cut me open when he had. I was surprised, pleasantly, as I thought the anticipation and me searching for the movement/feeling of him cutting would freak me out.

Mentally, you shouldn't be cut open there, so it is very scary! But it was downplayed entirely by all the staff and my fear was very quickly forgotten in anticipation of meeting my son.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (09-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Watching the CSection on 60 minutes last night of the Perth couple who had Quintuplets was unbelievably empowering. She was just laying there so calm and then a few days later when they were interviewing her she seemed back to normal already.

I must admit the blood made me feel a tad queezy but seeing the little babies come out took that thought away pretty quick so imagine when it's your own

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

earthfairy  (07-03-2011)

earthfairy is offline Winner 2009 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    In Antarctica for 12 months.... I mean Tassie!!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Watching the CSection on 60 minutes last night of the Perth couple who had Quintuplets was unbelievably empowering. She was just laying there so calm and then a few days later when they were interviewing her she seemed back to normal already.

I must admit the blood made me feel a tad queezy but seeing the little babies come out took that thought away pretty quick so imagine when it's your own

I was thinking the same thing!!!!

52 days to go for me

8. The Following User Says Thank You to earthfairy For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (09-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Best. Thread. Ever. Thank you SO much to Sorens Mum for telling me about it!

I have been feeling like the odd one out, and/or a bad mother, for wanting a CS and not wanting to go through labour/VB. I am SO relieved there are others out there who chose a CS!

I haven't actually confirmed with my OB yet that he will do one for non-medical reasons, but I have an appt with him next week and will be expressing my wishes then. I really hope he is okay with it.

Every time I have mentioned considering a CS I have had people saying "are you scared of the pain? have you read Birth Skills? have you spoken to a doulla?" etc etc. No, I just don't want to labour/VB! I know I'm odd but I prefer the planned, clinical-ness of an elective CS rather than the unknown, uncontrolled-ness of VB.

I'm also a bit like LoCo, I have been through so many clinical procedures through IVF that that aspect really doesn't concern me. I have also had abdominable surgery (most of my bowel removed) and I have virtually no fear of being cut open, or recovery. Plus I used to work in surgery (admittedly it was animals not people though ) so I am more than comfortable with blood and guts.

I really do prefer the idea of setting the date, going into surgery and being sliced open, and being handed my baby - all very calm and relaxed. I am quite prepared for the pain and inconvenience of recovery, and I prefer that than facing the possibility of tearing/epiosotomy/stitching anyway!

Sorry for the long post when I don't actually have an experience to share but I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to all you ladies for posting positive experiences.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Satine For This Useful Post:

Falkor  (13-04-2013),LoCo  (09-03-2011)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishing you a birth that's everything you've hoped for Satine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for these positive message & stories. I was starting to doubt the ability to have an elective caesarean. I am only a small person and the idea of a vb scares the bejesus out of me! I am sure I'll be back with more questions before too long :-)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to OMGmummy2b For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (09-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    great thread keep the positive stories coming.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to supersic For This Useful Post:

earthfairy  (09-03-2011),LoCo  (09-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your stories they are lovely gave me a few tears!

Loco it is normal to be a bit scared. I was a lot scared!! Mine was an emergency so i was not prepared and had heard so many horror stories about cs. As soon as it was done though I was so happy to meet my little boy and to not have felt them cutting which had me on the verge of a panic attack during the cs. It is a really quick process much better than the hours of labour in went throughnfirst!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveMummy For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (07-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMummy View Post
    Thanks for your stories they are lovely gave me a few tears!

Loco it is normal to be a bit scared. I was a lot scared!! Mine was an emergency so i was not prepared and had heard so many horror stories about cs. As soon as it was done though I was so happy to meet my little boy and to not have felt them cutting which had me on the verge of a panic attack during the cs. It is a really quick process much better than the hours of labour in went throughnfirst!
    Phew
    I'm ok with the whole procedure, the cold filled room with masked doctors, the recovery and the spinal it's just the "cutting" I just don't want to feel the "cutting" - hope their knife is sharp ok that's not funny I feel dizzy just joking about it.
    I picture them hacking away rather than a smooth cut but anyway my mind always plays silly tricks...........