+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    dillydAlly is offline --> The most precious princess in all the land :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What a lovely Thread

I too am one of you ladies who LOVED my elective C/Section.... Although Yes, the theater was bright and a little chilly by I'd rather they can see what they are doing....

ALL the staff and my two support people we so joyous and relaxed that I think they almost all cried a little when they first heard my DD cry!!!

I was very suprised that after all the necessaries had taken place, DD was placed naked on my chest for skin to skin for a vast period of time (most of it I was crying) which I wasn't expecting.... DF took DD for the last little bit and my support person stayed with my in theater... (as per my wishes) in recovery I was handed my DD and from then she was never taken away from me unless I requested.......

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dillydAlly For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (02-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I may as well add my mini birth story in too.

My 'elective' c section was AMAZING!!

I say 'elective' because I have a wafer thin peronium (has caused me issues in the past and mum has the same) and OB said I can choose VB but if I get a small tear I will very likely have rectal incontinence.......... er..... no thanks! So c section was booked.
    Side note: my mother as I said has same issue and had me (9.12pound) VB and had vaginal reconstructive surgery weeks later, because her peronium tore through (internally).

Anyway C cestion was so AMAZING!!!!!!! couldn't have dreamed of a better birth!!

Arrived 6am, paperwork, settle into room, dress into hosiptal nightie thingy, anathesiologist came in and explained everything. I was so excited I wasn't listening to a word he said! By 7.30am was wheeled into surgery room, DH sent off to get changed while they inserted spinal - which was a small sting of the local needle, then just a small push feeling of the spinal, it sent a small pain down one leg and I asked if thats normal, and she said thats fine, no probs at all. They helped me lay down, hubby came back in and help my hand. Curtains went up and anasthesiologist said just talk me through what you are feeling, we are just waiting for you to be fully numb. Then I felt OB wipe all the antiseptic cream on belly, could feel plastic sheets on my tummy etc, so I said 'excuse me' to anasthesiologist - please let the OB know I don't think I'm fully numb yet I can still feel everything he is doing (could feel his hands on tummy and everything) and the anasthesiologist replied "Errr... sally, you're baby is on her way out, he's almost finished" I couldn't belive it!!!!!!!!!
    Then OB held DD up over curtain and I bawled like a baby!!!!!!

They took her over to table for a quick suction, and DH brought her over to me

She never left my side since. Breastfed in recovery and skin to skin for next few hours.

Was up and showered next morning, on just panadol by day 3 or 4 (can't remember) then home, as normal (just taking it easy) by day 6, driving my day 9.

So much for 6 weeks recovery!

2 years on my scar is barely visible - looks about 10cms long right above pubes and similar look to a clear stretch mark. Not dark, just skin colour.

thanks for reading

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parentingrocks For This Useful Post:

Didge  (15-06-2012),earthfairy  (02-03-2011),Lillaa  (06-04-2014)

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    You are far from an intrusion. Thank you I would love to hear your story
    How exciting 4 weeks
    Thanks loco , I'm very excited !! I'll post it in this thread tomorrow to share with the other ladies ! As PP have said , I'm often reluctant to get involved in c section threads , i feel like there's so much negativity and judgment :-( but this thread is Positive and id love to share with people that I know will appreciate my birth story . I've loved reading everyones posts so far .

Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    So glad I have found this thread. It is so nice to find positive cesar stories : )

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

earthfairy  (03-03-2011)

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry for the delay ladies I was adding to my story bit by bit when I had the time !

I had a c section , purely by choice due to personal reasons.

It was beautiful , calm , peaceful and the most amazing experience. I wish I could relive the whole thing over and over, that moment my son was brought into the world was breathtaking. I pray my next c section in 4 weeks is just as
    beautiful . I wish I hadn't listened to everyones horror stories about c sections leading up to the time . Telling me I was mad and would regret it , it was agony etc blah blah blah BLAH BLAH !!!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrr. It scared me so much and the irony was that half these people had never even had a c section yet they were so negative and judgemental towards my choice.

The obgyns team were all wonderful , everyone in that room from the anaesthesit to the nurses made me feel so special, held my hand through the procedure ( while hubby held my other hand ) , told me what was happening at all times ( not in gory detail !!) and before i knew it I had the whole room congratulating me and telling me I had a beautiful baby boy . Peadeatrician placed him in front of me to touch and see, and told me he'd bring my baby straight back to me once he checked him . I was crying at this point as I felt sorry for DS because he was crying , so the midwife was stroking my hair calming me down . Before i knew It ds was put straight on my bare chest and stayed there with me for about 15 minutes while I was stitched up . I couldnt stop staring at him . I have the most precious photo of him on my chest and me with tears in my eyes just looking down at my miracle. (im teary as I type this.)

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/...y/IMG_0518.jpg

He was then taken again while i went into recovery but my husband was with him at all times . In recovery I hounded the nurses that i wanted to be back with my baby so I was out of there in no time back with ds and dh !!! Amazing experience ! So calm , peaceful , really special . Thinking about it brings tears to my eyes )

As for recovery , it was great . I took all the drugs , even when I didn't have pain as the nurses advised that would keep it away . The most pain I felt was a throb on my tummy and that's when I was due for more pain relief . Really though , I felt nothing !!! The next morning I again hounded the nurses that I wanted to get up !! They got me up , helped me shower ! The hardest part wasn't even the pain , it was the dizziness from being on my back for 24 hours . It killed me that wooziness. Once that passed I was fine, I was whizzing up and down that hallway either heating bottles or pushing ds to sleep in he's plastic crib thingy or just going for a walk to help recovery.

I drove 5 days later (alone ) to do grocery shopping , run errands, was doing all my housework as normal...I Went home with no pain relief ( brought panadol from hospital pharmacy) but didn't even need that .. I never pushed myself and did everything with caution but my recovery really was amazing , soooo not what I expected. Fingers crossed for me girls that my next experience is just as wonderful.

Thank you OP for starting this thread !! Everytime I write or think about my experience it makes me smile.

Love kitty xoxo

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to heeeeerekittykitty For This Useful Post:

Didge  (15-06-2012),LoCo  (07-04-2012),LoveMummy  (09-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    What a gorgeous thread. My C Sec is all booked in and I am so looking forward to it. This thread takes away all the coldness your right op thank you for such a positive thread. (sorry had to dig it up) ...
    I am waaaay to pregnant to be reading this thread. I've teared up reflecting on my wonderful experience and thinking about how I get to experience it all again in 6 weeks time.

I too had a wonderful c-section. It was scheduled (DS was breech). I cried when I found out I had to have one, partially because I had only heard about how horrifically awful c-sections are and partially because I get keloid scarring (this post's making me look like a sook, I rarely ever cry).

I talked to people I knew who have had c-sections and the general consensus was that emergency c-sections can be traumatic because of the urgency and the unexpectedness. You're prepared to birth vaginally, rarely ever do we prepare for a c-section 'just-in-case'. The advice they gave me was 'learn about the process'.

So the day of my c-section rolled around. I came into hospital at 8am, was shown to my room, given pressure stockings, a hospital gown and waited... for aaages. I was 4th on the list and there were a lot of em. c-sections that day. Come 5pm, they took me down to theater and I was starving, I asked that the MW made sure dinner was left for me.

DH was given his scrubs and told to go change, then wait on the seats outside for them to come get him. I was taken in and sat up for my spinal, the most lovely orderly in the world held my hands and told me to squeeze them as tight as I needed to, he also told me that wriggling my toes during the spinal would help distract me from the discomfort (it really did), I felt the pressure from the spinal and it was strange to know an object was somewhere it shouldn't really be, but it wasn't half as bad as I had predicted.

They wheeled me into theater and tested me with ice. Unfortunately my spinal didn't take completely, so they rolled me on my side and administered some more which worked. This all took about 40 minutes and DH was outside panicking that they had forgotten to come get him, thinking he was missing the arrival of our baby.

When a nurse finally got him, he was relived and came in, gave me a kiss on the forehead and sat down right next to my head, it was lovely having him there and seeing how excited he was. I asked the anesthetist if my spinal had taken yet, she said 'I hope so, because he has already done the cut'. I was so surprised it was happening so quickly now the spinal had worked.

The atmosphere in the room was wonderful, the anesthetist was humourous and very much my kind of person, she explained the entire procedure as it happened and told me step by step what to expect, unlike my MW who was cold and distant the whole time.

I had given specific instructions that they wipe baby down a bit before I saw him, so once he was just about out, DH was asked to come watch him come out (DH prearranged this - he has worked in meat works, so isn't too phased by his wifes insides, so they kindly accommodated this request), he cut the cord and went with baby to the table to be checked and have his APGAR done.

Once this was done, DH brought him over for me to see and I got to kiss his little button nose and just stared at him in amazement. He was so perfect (still is). I forgot about my insides being moved around and got wrapped up in this new baby that I had made.

We were soon wheeled out to recovery, with DS tucked up on the bed with me, he had his first feed there in recovery, less than 20 minutes after he arrived. DH, DS and I were left alone for most of the time in recovery, which was a beautiful bonding experience for the three of us.

It was now 8.30pm and Mum and DH had to leave soon, once they left I asked the MW to give me my son and we co-slept for our first night together which is against hospital policy, but the MW was logical and knew there was no way I was going to squash him if I couldn't roll over at all and that it would save the MWs having to come in every 20 minutes to feed him and/or pass him to me.

DH arrived the next morning and helped me out of bed for my first steps, the tiniest MW was supposed to do it, but I'm very tall and if I stumbled she wouldn't be able to do much, so DH did the honours, both helped me to the bathroom, where I showered, had my catheter out and felt slightly more human again.

By the time I had finished my shower (I was left to shower myself and dress myself) DH and the MW were getting ready to bath DS. I got to sit on my bed and watch them do it, another amazing opportunity for DH to be that little bit more relevant to the newborn process (I think dads should do as much as possible for their newborns to give them confidence and help them bond), watching him nervously, but gently bathe his son for the first time was beautiful and quite a wonderful thing to just sit back and observe (I could've done it myself if I wanted/needed to).

3 days later I was shopping, 5 days later I was driving and 4 or so weeks later I felt normal again (except for when I coughed).

It was a wonderful experience and I don't feel like I missed out on anything.

When finding out I was pregnant 5 months after this, I sat down and weighed up whether to VBAC or not (hospital said they would totally support a VBAC). I reflected on my experience and then on what I had to gain by having a VBAC, all I could come up with was possibly less recovery time, but the likelihood of having to have an emergency c-section scared me a lot and the upside to a VBAC wasn't overly enticing, so I gladly decided on another c-section.

This time I only have one change to my experience and that is I insisted on being booked in very early on, so that I could be first on the list and not starve all day, lol. Everything should be the same this time (less ineffective spinal) they have said, assuming there are no complications.

I'm looking very forward to my c-section. In 6 weeks time I should be lying in a hospital bed, snuggled up with my daughter.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (07-04-2012),LoveMummy  (09-03-2011),smallpotatoes  (16-09-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Kitty and Sorensmum I am speechless and on the verge of crying. This thread pulls on so many of my heart strings.

I wish you both all the best and am looking forward to hearing the next Empowering C Story

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gosh I love every single post on this thread. I can just read this thread over and over.

Is it normal to still be a little scared?? I mean just of the cutting ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for bringing this thread back up LoCo...has given me some peace...
    Had a emergency c-section with my DS, the c-section itself was great...the 12 hours of labour and 2.5 hours of pushing is another story..
    Anyways had always wanted a elective c-section for my second, but have a very pro vbac OB who is making me feel guilty...but due to the stories in this thread, I know I am not making the wrong decision to go with the c-section.
    thanks again

15. The Following User Says Thank You to My Three Sons For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (07-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekielsmum View Post
    Thanks for bringing this thread back up LoCo...has given me some peace...
    Had a emergency c-section with my DS, the c-section itself was great...the 12 hours of
    labour and 2.5 hours of pushing is another
    story..
    Anyways had always wanted a elective c-
    section for my second, but have a very pro
    vbac OB who is making me feel guilty...but
    due to the stories in this thread, I know I am
    not making the wrong decision to go with
    the c-section.
    thanks again
    No worries hun. I'm glad we can all benefit from it