+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutbrittle View Post
    Thankyou for this thread. I had a rather serious tear with my VB, that is still causing trouble with my bowels almost a year later and I am considering having a CS for my next birth. Whenever I mention this to someone I get a lot of negative comments, but I love the idea that I can work with my OB to make the birth of my next child equally as special as my first, but hopefully with a shorter recovery time.

Peanut brittle - I have a coupe of friends that have the same problems as you it's not nice I am sorry I hope you completely recover
    Yes I don't mention it to anyone anymore and I don't even mention it on the Hub because I have seen it can be very judgmental here to. The only reason I am discussing it on this thread is because I am hoping it does stay as an "empowering thread" and it is not invaded by BH members wanting to start a debate in here I hope we can feel safe in this thread discussing our excitement and empowerment.

My DH loves the idea of a c section it's great having at least his support. Oh and my mum she has had two easy VB and she even said go c section

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Are you seeking people's caesarean birth experiences? I have some things I've written that I'm happy to PM you if you like.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (02-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post

Are you seeking people's caesarean birth experiences? I have some things I've written that I'm happy to PM you if you like.
    Lambjam if they are positive and happy experiences I would LOVE them. Can you put a couple up on here or is that not allowed? Thank you honey you always seem to have answers for me

Does 4babycinos still come on BH? I would love to thank her!

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Lambjam if they are positive and happy experiences I would LOVE them. Can you put a couple up on here or is that not allowed? Thank you honey you always seem to have answers for me

Does 4babycinos still come on BH? I would love to thank her!
    I tend to run off at the mouth, so PM is the way to go (and even then I've had to split it into two!). Rest assured mine are positive and happy experiences; much to the annoyance of some BH members I have very few negative things to say about caesareans. However, please bear in mind that some people do have negative experiences, and if you would like to be truly prepared it really is worth your while reading their birth stories as well.

I'm not sure about 4babycinos, maybe PM her?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (02-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks lambjam will have a squiz now...

earthfairy is offline Winner 2009 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    In Antarctica for 12 months.... I mean Tassie!!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you

Ive got the warm fuzzies!

for you all!

My CS is booked for a few weeks time & I am actually looking forward to it! Love hearing positive CS experiences & how empowering they can be. ALL birth is empowering, no matter what 'method'.....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to earthfairy For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (02-03-2011)

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi loco!

Sorry to intrude but I'm more than happy to pm my experience . Elective cs , was amazing and I'm having another in 4 weeks :-)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heeeeerekittykitty For This Useful Post:

earthfairy  (02-03-2011),LoCo  (02-03-2011)

MyFourCubs is offline MyThreeCubs plus one- I am the luckiest Mum in the world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My ceaserean was a great experience

4Babycinos is still around, i'm sure she is just busy with her 4babycinos lol

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MyFourCubs For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (02-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is a beautiful thread to see. And so glad it hasn't turned negative or been hijacked

I've had 4 c/s, and yes, the theatre room itself is always freezing, but the people are always joyful, and warm, and so lovely - a baby is arriving in the world, how could anyone not be?!

Every time I have got the shakes at the start - just thinking about the spinal being put in gets me nervous. But every time the anaesthetist and midwives have been chatty and made me calmer and comfortable. I've been taken straight back to my room with my baby immediately after being stitched up (except for DD1 who had to go and have fluid suctioned from her lungs first - DH stayed with her). Have had them skin to skin on my chest & bf'ed as soon as they are ready, no attachment issues - I have been very very lucky.

All my children's c/s births have been unique and joyful and wonderful - DH & I have cried at every one of them So glad there's more positive c/s stories out there!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 4fullstop For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (02-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heeeeerekittykitty View Post
    Hi loco!

Sorry to intrude but I'm more than happy to pm my experience . Elective cs , was amazing and I'm having another in 4 weeks :-)

You are far from an intrusion. Thank you I would love to hear your story
    How exciting 4 weeks