+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Orris - it's a private hospital, so I just spoke to my Ob, who okayed it. Any chance you can chat to the ob who'll be doing it? Apparently at a lot of places if the Ob okays it you're fine. A lot of doulas will also do birth photography by itself if you want that without the rest of the service I hope you have a fantastic experience

Thanks
    Reviews
    That was SO beautiful! What an incredible video!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh this thread could not have been found at a better time!!
    I'm due for my elective (due to the complications of my first emergency caesar) in 4 weeks time and I was nervous but now - I'm super excited!

I was put under a general and my hubby missed the birth of our first son so I'm super excited to be fully there for when our next bubber is born.

I've even telling my husband now a few 'after birth plans' as in - asking for a delay on the cord clamping and a few other requests. I hope we get good medical staff have our same sense of humours and can make it a great experience.

Thank you to all who have shared - I can't wipe the smile off my face!!
    Last edited by deville; 08-03-2012 at 14:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear deville

Just remember that nothing is impossible if bubs is ok, which they will know as soon as they lift bubs head out (colour). It's about what we want, not what is convenient for them!

I'm already planning my maternal assisted c-section

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 4babycinos For This Useful Post:

deville  (08-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clucky - thank you for your video!! I have tears ********* down my face... just so beautiful. I have my c-section in 4 days and I hope my experience is as wonderful as yours was.

Thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a beautiful video - I wish our slr had a video capacity too!!
    Cluckysc - would love to hear what you put in place to have your special birth? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    SUPER PUMPED for tomorrow!!!!

Our little bundle should be brought into the world (provided we don't get bumped but I totally understand if there's 100 emergency caesars).

A little nervous for how our older son will cope with the new addition and trying to remember back to all the things you do with a newborn but I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited and hopeful that I can be in the moment when our bubs is born.

To me - doesn't matter how my bubs are born - I have experienced the joy of them growing inside me - just coz they don't come out the 'conventional' way - doesn't make me any less of a mother - just means I had to make a conscious decision that is best for my child's safety - and who can fault a mother for putting their child's safety first? (I had massive issues with our first son so I've 'elected' to avoid that again).

See you all on the flip side!!!

Karen

9. The Following User Says Thank You to deville For This Useful Post:

laurea  (03-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by deville View Post
    SUPER PUMPED for tomorrow!!!!

Our little bundle should be brought into the world (provided we don't get bumped but I totally understand if there's 100 emergency caesars).

A little nervous for how our older son will cope with the new addition and trying to remember back to all the things you do with a newborn but I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited and hopeful that I can be in the moment when our bubs is born.

To me - doesn't matter how my bubs are born - I have experienced the joy of them growing inside me - just coz they don't come out the 'conventional' way - doesn't make me any less of a mother - just means I had to make a conscious decision that is best for my child's safety - and who can fault a mother for putting their child's safety first? (I had massive issues with our first son so I've 'elected' to avoid that again).

See you all on the flip side!!!

Karen
    Good luck Karen!! Can't wait till you come back on and tell us all about it!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GothChick For This Useful Post:

deville  (03-04-2012),laurea  (03-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all ... I will post a longer post when I have more time but our beautiful big bubber boy was born in a HUGELY positive and successful caesarean on Wednesday weighing in a 9pound12!!!
    Everyone was commenting about how I was smiling and joking and how positive my husband and I were when really - we were thrilled to both be at his birth when we missed out with our first son (emergency - I was under a general and hubby not allowed in)
    I cannot speak more highly of the experience - I'm up and able to move around (restricted a little but that's deminishing more and more every day).

K

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deville For This Useful Post:

GothChick  (07-04-2012),hopefully2  (07-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an emergency cs due to foetal distress after 11 hours of posterior labour. I was scared but the ob was amazing. I was holding my breath whispering to DP that I bet I would feel it when they cut, when I heard the ob saying 'Happy Birthday beautiful' and that amazing crying! They let DP tell me the sex and as soon as she was checked they placed her on my chest for skin to skin. Both she and DP came with me to recovery and we were helped attempt our first breastfeed. One of the nurses took photos for us on our camera, we have the most precious just being born pics.

I am 99% sure I will have an elective next time. The only difference we'd like is for DP to cut the cord. Also, we had no problems with bf after the cs, first few days I found cradle hold painful so fed football hold, but after I ciuld sit up more it was fine!