Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats on your princess, DaisyMoo!! What a great c- section story

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats on a fantastic birth experience and your little girl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Whoo hoo congratulations

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lucy and Daisy, so happy to hear about your lovely experiences!

Daisy, I'm part of the three-boys-and-one-girl club too; it's very special, isn't it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Lucy and Daisy, so happy to hear about your lovely experiences!

Daisy, I'm part of the three-boys-and-one-girl club too; it's very special, isn't it?
    Hehe,it was very much a shock at first!! I kept checking her nappy the first day just to make sure!
    It is a pretty special feeling i must admit,i had my mind made up that i was having another boy,i didnt mind either way,but yeah,wow what a high it was in the Operating room!! haha,there were cheers from everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default My sons birth video

I posted this in the general section but also wanted to post here as this thread made me feel so much calmer and happier before my cesarean

Some of you may remember my posts about a month ago. After a stressful and disconnected emergency c-sec with DS1 I had done everything in my power this pregnancy to have a great VBAC. I'd been doing yoga and chiro, acupuncture and meditation, hypnobirthing and even had a doula to guide me. I was all set. Then we found out DS2 was breech. At first I crumbled.

Before trying all the therapies available to me to make him turn I pushed for a scan as my gut told me there was a reason, and we found out that DS2 had the cord around his neck twice (showing on ultrasound as a short cord), I had a fundal placenta and he wasn't engaged in any way... just breech floating there. With braxton hicks three minutes apart for almost a week we went in for a planned c-section at 38 weeks. And with a lot of the information I got from the wonderful women in this forum, we had as much of a natural c-section as possible.

My baby boy was away from me for only 30 seconds being checked by the paed before he was back on my chest, where he stayed skin to skin all day (except for the short while on daddy's chest when I was being moved between beds) until he was ready to get dressed. He breastfed beautifully from the beginning and we have coslept since birth. There were many things we put in place to help the experience be a positive one and if anyone would like to know I'll share

In the meantime thought I'd post this video of his birth, taken by our doula. Hopefully it will inspire someone that a c-section, be it their choosing or circumstance can be gentle, loving, connected and empowering

http://vimeo.com/32393579

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CluckySC For This Useful Post:

4fullstop  (22-11-2011),FutureMa  (09-03-2012),laurea  (22-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CluckySC View Post
    In the meantime thought I'd post this video of his birth, taken by our doula. Hopefully it will inspire someone that a c-section, be it their choosing or circumstance can be gentle, loving, connected and empowering

Thank you for sharing your story and this beautiful video, CluckySC. I just watched it and shed quite a few tears - it's so lovely. It has totally inspired me. Your doula did a great job! What did s/he take the video with? Huge congrats on your gorgeous new little one!
    Last edited by Joye; 22-11-2011 at 09:00.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Joye For This Useful Post:

laurea  (22-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure exactly. I know it was some kind of good quality SLR camera that allows you to do video as well... Which is kind of how she got away with filming in the operating room

Thanks
    Reviews
    I posted this in the general section but also wanted to post here as this thread made me feel so much calmer and happier before my cesarean

Some of you may remember my posts about a month ago. After a stressful and disconnected emergency c-sec with DS1 I had done everything in my power this pregnancy to have a great VBAC. I'd been doing yoga and chiro, acupuncture and meditation, hypnobirthing and even had a doula to guide me. I was all set. Then we found out DS2 was breech. At first I crumbled.

Before trying all the therapies available to me to make him turn I pushed for a scan as my gut told me there was a reason, and we found out that DS2 had the cord around his neck twice (showing on ultrasound as a short cord), I had a fundal placenta and he wasn't engaged in any way... just breech floating there. With braxton hicks three minutes apart for almost a week we went in for a planned c-section at 38 weeks. And with a lot of the information I got from the wonderful women in this forum, we had as much of a natural c-section as possible.

My baby boy was away from me for only 30 seconds being checked by the paed before he was back on my chest, where he stayed skin to skin all day (except for the short while on daddy's chest when I was being moved between beds) until he was ready to get dressed. He breastfed beautifully from the beginning and we have coslept since birth. There were many things we put in place to help the experience be a positive one and if anyone would like to know I'll share

Wow CluckySC your video is just beautiful!! I really hope to have a csection birth like yours with my next one. How were you able to go about have your doula come into the room? My local hospital is very strict with the one person policy. I still crying at how beautiful it is!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure exactly. I know it was some kind of good quality SLR camera that allows you to do video as well... Which is kind of how she got away with filming in the operating room
    Oh I love it....not only was she a great doula who was allowed in with you who shot great footage...she's also sneaky!!! Awesome!