+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 216
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,100
    Thanks
    216
    Thanked
    376
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats on your princess, DaisyMoo!! What a great c- section story

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    2,584
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked
    106
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats on a fantastic birth experience and your little girl

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    7,098
    Thanks
    4,951
    Thanked
    1,394
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Whoo hoo congratulations

  4. #184
    lambjam's Avatar
    lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    7,177
    Thanks
    2,062
    Thanked
    4,956
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lucy and Daisy, so happy to hear about your lovely experiences!

    Daisy, I'm part of the three-boys-and-one-girl club too; it's very special, isn't it?

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    165
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked
    39
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Lucy and Daisy, so happy to hear about your lovely experiences!

    Daisy, I'm part of the three-boys-and-one-girl club too; it's very special, isn't it?
    Hehe,it was very much a shock at first!! I kept checking her nappy the first day just to make sure!
    It is a pretty special feeling i must admit,i had my mind made up that i was having another boy,i didnt mind either way,but yeah,wow what a high it was in the Operating room!! haha,there were cheers from everyone!

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Thanks
    305
    Thanked
    311
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default My sons birth video

    I posted this in the general section but also wanted to post here as this thread made me feel so much calmer and happier before my cesarean

    Some of you may remember my posts about a month ago. After a stressful and disconnected emergency c-sec with DS1 I had done everything in my power this pregnancy to have a great VBAC. I'd been doing yoga and chiro, acupuncture and meditation, hypnobirthing and even had a doula to guide me. I was all set. Then we found out DS2 was breech. At first I crumbled.

    Before trying all the therapies available to me to make him turn I pushed for a scan as my gut told me there was a reason, and we found out that DS2 had the cord around his neck twice (showing on ultrasound as a short cord), I had a fundal placenta and he wasn't engaged in any way... just breech floating there. With braxton hicks three minutes apart for almost a week we went in for a planned c-section at 38 weeks. And with a lot of the information I got from the wonderful women in this forum, we had as much of a natural c-section as possible.

    My baby boy was away from me for only 30 seconds being checked by the paed before he was back on my chest, where he stayed skin to skin all day (except for the short while on daddy's chest when I was being moved between beds) until he was ready to get dressed. He breastfed beautifully from the beginning and we have coslept since birth. There were many things we put in place to help the experience be a positive one and if anyone would like to know I'll share

    In the meantime thought I'd post this video of his birth, taken by our doula. Hopefully it will inspire someone that a c-section, be it their choosing or circumstance can be gentle, loving, connected and empowering

    http://vimeo.com/32393579

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CluckySC For This Useful Post:

    4fullstop  (22-11-2011),FutureMa  (09-03-2012),laurea  (22-11-2011)

  8. #187
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SEQ
    Posts
    105
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked
    10
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CluckySC View Post
    In the meantime thought I'd post this video of his birth, taken by our doula. Hopefully it will inspire someone that a c-section, be it their choosing or circumstance can be gentle, loving, connected and empowering

    http://vimeo.com/32393579
    Thank you for sharing your story and this beautiful video, CluckySC. I just watched it and shed quite a few tears - it's so lovely. It has totally inspired me. Your doula did a great job! What did s/he take the video with? Huge congrats on your gorgeous new little one!
    Last edited by Joye; 22-11-2011 at 09:00.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Joye For This Useful Post:

    laurea  (22-11-2011)

  10. #188
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Thanks
    305
    Thanked
    311
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not sure exactly. I know it was some kind of good quality SLR camera that allows you to do video as well... Which is kind of how she got away with filming in the operating room

  11. #189
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,201
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked
    81
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CluckySC View Post
    I posted this in the general section but also wanted to post here as this thread made me feel so much calmer and happier before my cesarean

    Some of you may remember my posts about a month ago. After a stressful and disconnected emergency c-sec with DS1 I had done everything in my power this pregnancy to have a great VBAC. I'd been doing yoga and chiro, acupuncture and meditation, hypnobirthing and even had a doula to guide me. I was all set. Then we found out DS2 was breech. At first I crumbled.

    Before trying all the therapies available to me to make him turn I pushed for a scan as my gut told me there was a reason, and we found out that DS2 had the cord around his neck twice (showing on ultrasound as a short cord), I had a fundal placenta and he wasn't engaged in any way... just breech floating there. With braxton hicks three minutes apart for almost a week we went in for a planned c-section at 38 weeks. And with a lot of the information I got from the wonderful women in this forum, we had as much of a natural c-section as possible.

    My baby boy was away from me for only 30 seconds being checked by the paed before he was back on my chest, where he stayed skin to skin all day (except for the short while on daddy's chest when I was being moved between beds) until he was ready to get dressed. He breastfed beautifully from the beginning and we have coslept since birth. There were many things we put in place to help the experience be a positive one and if anyone would like to know I'll share

    In the meantime thought I'd post this video of his birth, taken by our doula. Hopefully it will inspire someone that a c-section, be it their choosing or circumstance can be gentle, loving, connected and empowering

    http://vimeo.com/32393579
    Wow CluckySC your video is just beautiful!! I really hope to have a csection birth like yours with my next one. How were you able to go about have your doula come into the room? My local hospital is very strict with the one person policy. I still crying at how beautiful it is!

  12. #190
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SEQ
    Posts
    105
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked
    10
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CluckySC View Post
    I'm not sure exactly. I know it was some kind of good quality SLR camera that allows you to do video as well... Which is kind of how she got away with filming in the operating room
    Oh I love it....not only was she a great doula who was allowed in with you who shot great footage...she's also sneaky!!! Awesome!


 

Similar Threads

  1. I miss empowering
    By Myztiks#1Fan in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20-07-2012, 11:03
  2. Message for Empowering
    By Myztiks#1Fan in forum General Chat
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 22-06-2012, 22:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pebblebee
Parents spend hours looking for things they need NOW. The keys, the remote, darling daughter's treasured teddy. Stop wasting precious time looking & start finding with Bub Hub reviewed Pebblebee Smart Tag. Simply attach a Pebblebee and find it fast.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Baby Monitors
Looking to buy a baby monitor? :: Read viewer reviews of baby monitors BEFORE you buy :: Buy at a local or online Baby Nursery Shop
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!