+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lambjam your message box is full
    Very popular

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nah, just lazy! Have emptied now

Thanks
    Reviews
    My experience was wonderful and relaxing one. I would do it all again in a heartbeat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My csection was also a very relaxed jovial experience. I will definitely do it again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought I'd pop in and let you know about my c-section experience.
    Last week I had an emergency c/section at 35 weeks, due to complications. My ob had done an u/s on bub which showed she was a good weight, and she had a strong heartbeat on trace, so there was confidence, but not certainty that she would be fine coming out early. I was already planning a repeat c-sect with my ob (for 39 weeks) so was able to request everything we had previously discussed to be put into place as much as possible.
    As a result, I was able to watch my DD emerge into the world, as soon as they were certain she didn't have any respiratory problems she was placed on my chest skin to skin for the whole duration of me being stitched up, and she was brought into recovery with me and stayed with me from that point on.
    it was amazing to be able to have such a beautiful, positive experience with an emergency preterm c-section. We were very very lucky DD was so healthy at 35 weeks, but I also feel so glad that I made the decision to proactively plan a positive c-section experience.
    And it is a great lesson why you should bring up your c-section request with your care provider sooner rather than later!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I so WISH the doctors at my hospital would do this for me Lucy They won't..
    You are super lucky.

How did you manage to get them to let you keep your baby with you in recovery?? did they have a midwife stay with you in recovery?
    I would be super dooper happy if this was possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish i could go to RPA but it's like an hour from me so really impractical to go there for checkups during my pregnancy.. meh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laurea - it's a combination of new improved RPA policy and having a private obstetrician advocating for you.
    And yes, I did have a midwife with me the whole time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats great Lucy that you had such a wonderful experience... congratulations on the safe arrival of your baby girl xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well,its been a week today since my C.section and boy,was it AWESOME!!
    Everything went nice and smooth,had a lovely bunch looking after me and everything went so fast.
    The spinal i was so worried about went in without a problem,felt no pain and was even thoug they took their time doing it,it still all seemed to go very quickly.
    On the table,chatting away i get asked how im feeling.."great i say,no near vomits this time" Great because your babys just about out! Id forgotten just how fast bubs is born..
    Bubs did need forceps and was looking a tad bruised,but the agher was 9 at 1 min and same again at the next one..All went so well.
    Had bubs with me at all times to.Never left my side and had first breastfeed in recovery..It was such a yummy experiance!

And to top it off!!! I got my little girl!!
    After three boys,i now have my bubba girl!