+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazntrav View Post
    dont lose heart Laurea your hospital or OB might be completely different and for all I know he might be one of those OBs that pushes for VBAC and was maybe trying to convert me by not providing the joyous experience I was wishing for. I guess I will find out at 34 weeks. But there are so many great stories on here so there is always hope for you. xxx
    There is no possibility for me to have a VB it would be extremely dangerous for me to do so. I allready have a paper thin scar when i am close to term from previous C sections that was discovered during and emergency c section the second time i had one.. I will require regular ultrasounds to measure the uternine thickness at the site of the scar in my last trimester. Oh well as long as i have someone i trust with me to stay with the baby and protect him or her while i am in recovery all will be ok..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    To be fair to the hospital, my understanding is that the reason bub can't always be with you in recovery is because you need to have a midwife with you (this is the case at my hospital anyway). We all know how short-staffed hospitals can be, so it's really no surprise that they might not have a midwife to spare.

I've always taken consolation in the fact that bub was with DH, and he really loved that time snuggling the baby and making their own bond. That said, having them both in recovery with me was amazing and I would love for everyone to have that experience .
    I don't have an answer yet, but I am looking into possibility of private midwife, if hosp claims if is short staffed. Apparently Medicare will now cover private midwives being brought into maternity ward. Hoping this could be used to cover extra middie needed for recovery.
    If anyone else knows more about this, please share for group.

Meanwhile I should say hi! I've got elective CS booked for 4 weeks time, after traumatic emergency CS with DS.
    Still negotiating skin to skin and recovery with OB, but so far (in large part due to this thread), I'm looking fwd to staying in control of my baby's birth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=lambjam;6136683]To be fair to the hospital, my understanding is that the reason bub can't always be with you in recovery is because you need to have a midwife with you (this is the case at my hospital anyway). We all know how short-staffed hospitals can be, so it's really no surprise that they might not have a midwife to spare.

Yep,this is what i was told at the first hospital i booked into.And i respected their honesty upfront.
    I actually chnged hospitals (another that my OB works at) that is going to let me have bubs with me after.I was told to call them two days prior to my C.section so they can re write it on my notes/? I think thats what they said.Maybe to just be organised and so they dont forget!
    Two and a half weeks left for me......Im excited!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Which hospital is this going to be in Daisy?? If i can do the same i will too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just confirmed with OB today - will be allowed skin to skin immediately after baby born (which makes me very happy) but they are saying they have to put a nappy on bubs first. I presume this is a safety thing to ensure sterile operating environment, so I accept it. But it does still sound kind of weird.
    Love to hear other people's skin to skin experiences. did your bub have a nappy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi laurea ,im actaully in Melbourne.
    I will be going to Jessie Mac,its inside Monash..Not sure if this helps you though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy in the Sky View Post
    Just confirmed with OB today - will be allowed skin to skin immediately after baby born (which makes me very happy) but they are saying they have to put a nappy on bubs first. I presume this is a safety thing to ensure sterile operating environment, so I accept it. But it does still sound kind of weird.
    Love to hear other people's skin to skin experiences. did your bub have a nappy?
    YAY,thats great news!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy in the Sky View Post
    Oh Lucy which hospital is this in?? I see you're insydney like i am, there may be hope for me yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by laurea View Post
    Oh Lucy which hospital is this in?? I see you're insydney like i am, there may be hope for me yet!
    Rpa.
    There now, matter of fact! Started contracting last night... Might not get my empowering c-section, if bub doesnt stay put for a bit longer.

But laurea, ask for bear blanket. It is def done at Rpa.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I might have my second option as a c section incase my cervical stitch has issues and reading all these stories are nice but I have a fear of operations and being awake for them.

Knowing people are cutting me open and being awake for it would probably send me into pure panic. Is there any option to be knocked out for it and just have my DH to look after my child while I'm coming to? I'm not sure how my fear will cope.