+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im crashing as I want to see more positve love coming

Im due 19th dec and was wanting vbac this time, but as so close to x-mas and the fact my 1st c-section was awesome, I am leaning towards a c-section. But of course havnt told anyone especially my Mum as will get the normal negative stuff ("Mum you had 5 pd babies compared to my nearly 9 pds and you have had numerous bladder surgeries resulting from vb's" - sorry vent!!)

I had emergency c-section with ds1, after 24 hrs of labour and I was very calm and open to getting the baby here healthy. A lot came down to my ob (who is private) who just keep saying every visit "ohhh thats a big baby" as im 5ft 2 and dh is 6ft 4, ds took after him and I was HUGE!!! So in a way I think he had me prepared that I might need a c-section.

I will post later my story but even a few gf's after seeing me having a c-section and the positives have gone down the c-section route and I feel blessed that I have opened there mind to looking at all the possibilites not just what is expected of them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi every-one

Firstly thankyou to all the ladies posting especially OP, Loco & Lambjam the insight to what a well planned elective c-section can help you achieve when for one reason or another we have not been able to achieve attempting to give birth vaginally. I am very happy to share my birth story about my labour-emergency c-section if people wish so please just reply and let me know if you would like to hear it....it is not as pleasant as some of the previous posts as it was an emergency and bubs was in distress but the surgery and recovery parts were perfectly fine ... just the circumstances surrounding the whole situation. But hey if it were that bad a story I would not be leaning towards an elective this time around

To be honest this has been a difficult decision for me to make, whether to attempt VBAC or go for an elective c-section as both scenarios at my last birth left me feeling like neither would be amazing, however after reading such positive stories and being PROPERLY informed about reasonable requests that can be made during an elective c-section I am confident and at ease with making the decision and making requests for the experience I would like this time around. SO THANK-YOU ALL SSSOOOOO MUCH it is so nice to feel supported and read such positiveness as apposed to being persuaded otherwise

WE are ALL MOTHERS that just want the BEST for our BABIES - LOVE, HEALTH & A SAFE ARRIVAL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mazntrav thank you *hugs*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ...... Nearly forgot to update this thread thanks mazntrav

Well my CS ... Gosh 6 weeks ago now was AWESOME loved every second of it. The whole experience was something I can't wait to go through again.

It was so exciting and no where near as horrific and painful as I'd imagined. I was up an about the next morning, although just a tad spaced out haha! My bl00dy mastitis was more painful than my CS ... I'm serious!!!!!

Thanks girls that's me

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (16-09-2011),cnic  (17-06-2012),LeeJ  (16-09-2011),Mazntrav  (16-09-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    ...... Nearly forgot to update this thread thanks mazntrav

Well my CS ... Gosh 6 weeks ago now was AWESOME loved every second of it. The whole experience was something I can't wait to go through again.

It was so exciting and no where near as horrific and painful as I'd imagined. I was up an about the next morning, although just a tad spaced out haha! My bl00dy mastitis was more painful than my CS ... I'm serious!!!!!

Thanks girls that's me
    Congrats Loco, I'm so happy it was awesome for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Congrats Loco, I'm so happy it was awesome for you!
    *hugs* thank you hun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is so great to hear another nice experience was achieved Loco that is so reassuring, congratulations on an inspiring and safe arrival .... Great work Mum

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mazntrav For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (07-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

after watching that great video on youtube mentioned previously in the thread "the natural cesarean-a woman centered technique" I did a bit of research and found an organisation in Australia called CANA - Cesarean Awareness Network Australia. they have some more information regarding family centered cesarean and even have a birth plan for cesarean ... well worth a read if you are heading down this track

the website is http://www.canaustralia.net/

they are dedicated to informing hospital administrators, educating midwives and care providers etc about making the experience achievable for all women. So even if you come across a hospital that is not keen, may be worth emailing them about your experience, you never know, they may fight for you to achieve your amazing experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Fellow C.sections mums!!
    Im still loving this thread and find myself going back through it alot the last few weeks...

Just felt like sharing i have 6 weeks till my next C.section!
    Cant wait to meet my bubba...Spoke to the hospital the other week and asked if bubs could come into reccovery with me,and all going well...Yes it can!
    My last three i didnt have in with me,two due to mediacl reasons...So im pretty excited!!!
    Hope you are all well..xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    thats awesome Daisymoo, I too love this thread, I am happy that you can have your bundle with you in recovery I hope this time around I can also. I missed out with DS both his medical reason and mine I was so out of it I was in recovery for a very long time. Best of luck anyways