+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not elective for non-psychological reasons I have been told. You have to fight, or have a medical reason for it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrJones&Me For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (07-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iCrazy View Post
    Not elective for non-psychological reasons I have been told. You have to fight, or have a medical reason for it.
    Really? Wow Isn't it our choice though? So private ob's are the ones that do it only? I'm confused hun. That's unfair for you :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Why are CS not allowed in public system? What do you mean no choice?
    There has to be a medical reason (physical or psychological) to qualify for a public funded caesarean.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (07-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    There has to be a medical reason (physical or psychological) to qualify for a public funded caesarean.
    Wow didn't know that!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Really? Wow Isn't it our choice though? So private ob's are the ones that do it only? I'm confused hun. That's unfair for you :/
    You can get whatever you want if you're paying for it. C-sections cost a lot more than VBs.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (07-04-2012),MrJones&Me  (01-07-2011)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    You can get whatever you want if you're paying for it. C-sections cost a lot more than VBs.
    Something that gets me really riled up. We all pay for public health. Access to a full range of birth choices shouldn't be considered a luxury.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (01-07-2011),LoCo  (07-04-2012),MrJones&Me  (01-07-2011),Ulysses  (02-07-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Something that gets me really riled up. We all pay for public health. Access to a full range of birth choices shouldn't be considered a luxury.
    So dam true!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just subsciribing. So glad I was told about this thread. After a few back surgeries I was still pushing for a V birth...finally last week i was told that this is no longer an option - much to the relief of my partner who was terrified of more pain and suffering (the past few weeks haven't been easy). I have been so down about it but reading this has been wonderful. I am going to think of a list of things that are important to me and will help me feel more in control. In retrospect I can't believe I would have risked my back for a vaginal delivery! How irresponsible! But I'm sure a lot of you understand how other make you feel about the CS debate

We won't be having 'planned' CS as such because we are now taking the pregnancy day by day but that doesn't mean I can't prepare.

Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a great thread!
    I had an emergency c- section and honestly the worst bit was panicing being wheeled in thinking only of all the only negetive things I'd heard of c-sections - anyone I know now pregnant for the first time my main advice is don't freak out about a c-section they are still amazing too.
    I have alot of issues with the labour but the c-section itself was in fact amazing, sticking to our VB birthplan dh got to announce she was a girl when they held her up- I could see dd the entire time after she was delivered and dh got to cut part of the cord, dd was placed on my chest under my gown for kangaroo care straight from being checked over while still being stitched up then dd & dh came to recovery with me and did first breastfeed which I was not expecting would even be an option (all the time being wheeled around hospy with dd still on my chest skin to skin ) The main negetive was the drugs made me sick and vomit while still being stitched up so I asked dh to nurse dd til I felt better.. and even watching him with her was so special and amazing I'll never forget it.
    C-section at 4am finishing at 6am up and washing my own hair in the shower at midday.
    I did take full advantage of medication in hospital, at 8 am when the epi wore off my c-section wound really hurt - called the nurse and gave me medication and took the pain almost straight away. I watched the clock after that and kept asking for top ups and although I felt sore it was none of the pain I imagined. I left hospy 5 days later as dd was in special care but I was ready to leave at 3 days. I kept the endone they gave me on discharge til I needed it but i never did - I didn't even need or take any panadol after day 7 and still have the full unopened box of endone.
    I'm still in second trimester and tossing up wether to go to the worry of attempting a vbac so it's really nice to read through this thread

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a great experience with my c-section also.

I was so scared going into it that it would hurt, but I felt nothing & it was an amazing experience. It was also wonderful knowing when we were going to have her & knowing what was going to happen at each step.

I had no problems breastfeeding or bonding with my baby & the only thing i would do differently this time around is to have metamucil in the weeks following - because of all the panadol forte.

I found my c section to be very empowering & a wonderful experience. I never felt like I missed out on anything by not having a vaginal birth - the birth for me was just a small part of bringing her here & being a mother to her - for me as long as she arrived safely I was happy (but I understand for some people it is an extremely important process - & I get that some people really want a vaginal birth - we are all different).

My recovery was pretty good - as long as I kept my med's up I had no pain & my scar was pretty much invisible after a few months.

I am having a planned c section for this baby also.

To be honest, I was more scared of a vaginal birth than a c section - I was glad that i was having a c section. So i suppose it can work both ways, some people want c sections & hate the thought of a vaginal birth & others hate the thought of a c section etc.

I think people should support mothers in their choice for whatever type of birth they want - it's scary enough to birth any type of way without people pressuring or making people feel bad about their choice.

Good to see such a positive thread.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ulysses For This Useful Post:

cnic  (17-06-2012)