+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just reread my birth story for DD and realised I didn't mention that my 'up and about' time was much sooner than it was with DS.

Knowing what to expect make a huge difference. Loco, are you going through the same hospital as your last? Have you asked them to break down their c-section procedure for you? I did this, even though it was the same hospital, just to make sure nothing had changed.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (01-07-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Ooh LoCo, how exciting! I'm really looking forward to hearing about your experience.
    lambjam was thinking about you when I bumped it
    It's very exciting......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Just reread my birth story for DD and realised I didn't mention that my 'up and about' time was much sooner than it was with DS.

Knowing what to expect make a huge difference. Loco, are you going through the same hospital as your last? Have you asked them to break down their c-section procedure for you? I did this, even though it was the same hospital, just to make sure nothing had changed.
    Ooo I like that up and about part

Honey this is my first CS first pregnancy so should I ask for a break down? Love this thread had to bring it alive again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Ooo I like that up and about part

Honey this is my first CS first pregnancy so should I ask for a break down? Love this thread had to bring it alive again.
    Ah silly me. Yes you absolutely should. Write it down too if you can so you can read over it the morning of.

Wondering 'wth is going on?' during the day of your c-section can be a little overwhelming, I think the more I knew about what was happening, the more in control I felt.

Most hospitals have the same procedures, but do ask 'can you run me through what to expect on the day?'... ie what happens when you check in, what happens during the spinal, what happens in theater, when will I first see bubs, when does bubs get weighed, when does bubs get their shots, who will be in theater, what pain relief will I get after, when will I get it...

If the MW or whoever you're talking too isn't very thorough or just gives you a sheet about the actual procedure, ask more questions, it's not only the surgical part that can feel unknown or overwhelming. I've unfortunately found some MWs to be a bit dismissive of the c-section experience.

I'm very excited for you and I hope it all goes smoothly.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (01-07-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blissedout - I will do thank you so much for that
    I'm to scared to talk to midwives about CS they are not supportive at all so I guess I will have to ask more and more. My OB is pretty good so I'll get details off him. Can't wait to add my positive empowering story to all of yours.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have been researching c/s for a while. I have had 2 ops for endometriosis, and I am a massive control freak. My only problem is I will be going through the public system and will more than likely have no choice. I have no psychological reasons to want one, and the midwives are quite pro natural.

The thing is I do worry about being judged as I am a bit of a hippy, lol and I will be cosleeping and baby wearing and breastfeeding etc etc, so I'm torn as I feel like if I'm going to do the others then why not the vb??

Sorry for venting, But I am also making sure I subscribe to this thread

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by iCrazy View Post
    I have been researching c/s for a while. I have had 2 ops for endometriosis, and I am a massive control freak. My only problem is I will be going through the public system and will more than likely have no choice. I have no psychological reasons to want one, and the midwives are quite pro natural.

The thing is I do worry about being judged as I am a bit of a hippy, lol and I will be cosleeping and baby wearing and breastfeeding etc etc, so I'm torn as I feel like if I'm going to do the others then why not the vb??

Sorry for venting, But I am also making sure I subscribe to this thread
    Lol. I baby wear and cosleep. You don't have to fit any certain stereotype, lol.

I understand the control freak factor, it's one of the many reasons I chose to have a c-section the second time around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What were your endometriosis (sp?) ops like? Where did they operate into?

I don't know much about endometriosis, but if they cut into your uterus (like they do in a c-section) then you might be able to wrangle one. Lol.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No, its all external, lol, they just shoot a laser around and get rid of the 'thingamajigs' (i think they're called lesions).

we will see

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why are CS not allowed in public system? What do you mean no choice?