I just wanted to let you ladies know that a c-section doesnt have to be all clinical and cold.
I have made the decision to have a repeat 4th c-sec after being so sure I wanted a VBA3C. But since I have changed my mind I wanted my c-sec to be about me and my baby. I have found an OB who is more than happy to accomodate my needs, things I will be getting are;
- bub to bake for as long as possible. He will be dleivered 2 days before his due date.
- to watch the delivery of my little man. The screen is up for the incision, but then removed and my head is assisted to watch his delivery.
- he will be delivered slowly. His head will be delvered, left for a moment, then his body will slowly be delivered. This allows him to make a gradual entrance into his new world without being shocked into it!
- he will be placed directly on my bare chest for skin to skin and the cord will not be cut for at least 30seconds. This allows him to gain some benefit of whatever blood, antibodies and Iron stored in the placenta.
- he will stay on my chest during suturing and the only time he will be taken by the paed is when I will be wheeled back to my room (my hospital does not have a recovery area). Dad will stay with him during this time and then he is returned back to me as soon as I am set up.
Other things that I have requested are;
- On the first day, bubs to be wrapped in a blanket brought from home. I will be sleeping with it, so if he is not with me, at least he can 'smell' me.
- to wear the beanie that I have crochet for him.
- not to be bathed until I can do it myself.
The stuff listed is not impossible and if there is no medical emergency then it is definately possible!