+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    almfam37 is offline Just keep cooking, cooking cooking (baby that is)
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Playdough

Hi lovely bub hub chefs
    i really dont know how to make playdough everything ive tried is totally awful. But im determined to make some tomorrow. Does anyone have any good recipes that you can make in the microwave that are tried and tested?

Ive looked all through the forums in case there was already a recipe but couldnt find anything so thought this was the best place to come

tia

dillydAlly is offline --> The most precious princess in all the land :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi There!

After YEARS in Child Care.......

This is the BEST and easiest I've found!

2 cups of plain flour
    4 tablespoons of 'cream of tartar'
    2 tablespoons of cooking oil
    1 cup of salt
    2 cups of boiling water
    food colouring
    *Just pop it all in a mixing bowl and mix!
    *It looks as though it is not going to mix well at first but hang in there and throw it onto the bench to knead, and it will come together really nicely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ohhh thankyou even easier and NO cooking too, ill give it a whirl tomorrow and see how i go!!!

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    yep I agree.

The recipe is on the back of the Cream of Tartar packet/cylender thingy. Dont boil it ... just use boiling water.

Works for me every time, and lasts ages if you store in an airtight container.

Also if you put glitter through it, the kids love it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    righteo im off to try this playdough hahaha ill let you know how it turns out

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep boiling water is great for making playdough I make mine differently now though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i use the same recipe but i do "cook" mine on the stove. i just use normal tap water and cook on medium for what seems like ages (about 10 minutes or so) stirring. you do need to work to get the lumps out before it all comes together or you get lumpy playdough. i also add a little bit of flavouring (peppermint or vanilla usually) as well as colour so it smells better as i really don't like the smell of playdough. i use vanilla essence (fake) but you could use an essential oil. i also store mine in an airtight container but in the fridge. the kids love the cool playdough and i find it keeps forever in their. the kids still play with some i made back in march for ds1's birthday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It worked so well i felt very smart when my friends came over and i showed them what id made haha its in the fridge now till they want to play with it again!!!

thanks ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i put 2 cups flour, 1 cup salt, 3/4 (depnding) cup water, 1 tbl cooking oil, and food colouring in my cake mixer with a dough hook. takes 2 mins and no kneading. comes out great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Old thread....saving for later