+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Joint income, about 640 a week. I don't know where it goes sometimes. Though we do have a couple of debts, once dps bike is paid off it will be much better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Let's see, I get $550 a fortnight, Grant gets $1600 a fortnight.

Just mine alone that's $275. Grant pays the mortgage from his pay cos they'res no way I'd be able to pay $500 a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2bubba View Post
    Let's see, I get $550 a fortnight, Grant gets $1600 a fortnight.

Just mine alone that's $275. Grant pays the mortgage from his pay cos they'res no way I'd be able to pay $500 a week.
    Cassie, you are not allowed in this thread, get out of it. Stop worrying about money and just leave the idiot - you'll instantly feel better. See, I am stalking you everywhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by An Chen View Post
    Cassie, you are not allowed in this thread, get out of it. Stop worrying about money and just leave the idiot - you'll instantly feel better. See, I am stalking you everywhere.

Money will always find a way to fix itself (and yes, I know I am in a good situation but we have been lower than LOW not that long ago). You can do it .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by An Chen View Post
    i agree

i get full PPS when i dont work and when i do its deducted by a little bit. not sure how much but once i pay my rent and daycare, left with about $250 to last the fortnight to get shopping, things that coop needs, transport, phone credit, internet credit etc etc. not really all that much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    $900 a week. When I was working it was $1900 a week and I cringe to think how much of it we blew on crap *shudder* We could have easy survived on DH's income and saved my entire pay. Ahh well, what can you do...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SausageFest View Post
    Those of you with over $1000+ left over is that single or double income?
    Single income here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MunchiesMummy View Post
    I understand living costs add up esp if you are used to having good money but you would still have $620 a week left To me that sounds soooo insane and I cant imagine how you cant save??? I mean even halving that amount and saving 310 a week is $1240 in a month - and you could still just blow 310 a week on whatever.

Do you find you don't save much as it just disappears here and there?

Not having a go at all - I think I am just jealous!!!
    You are so right. When I break it down it looks very silly that we have trouble saving. But we do We are just so bad with money.

We also have other things like car servicing etc, DH is doing up his landcrusier ute and we are slowly doing up our house. DH is a carpenter so its slow (just like a chef doesnt like to cook at home, a carpenter doesnt like to work at home either - in my case anyway lol) Plus we have day care bills that I forgot to add in (ds goes twice a week) vet bills, kids are fairly spoilt (thought I would be a parent who would never allow bucket loads of plastic into my house ) And the list goes on. If we dont have the money then we dont spend it and we do get by comfortably, but when we do have the money it always goes on something. By the next pay its almost all gone. Or its not and then we get a few pays saved up and spend it on something for the house etc. At least though our house has gone up in equity from the work that has been done.

I am not to bad, never spend anything on me but DH is a shocker (loves new ps3 games etc) but I dont complain cause he is the one out there working so hard and I know he likes his treats when he has a chance to enjoy them.

God I sound like a spoilt brat :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am soooo jealous of you guys that have 500+ a week after rent ect....

At this point in time we are MINUS $100 a fortnight. DP has no work ATM so we are living on my wage which is SH!T. I work my butt off (40 hours a week ATM) and get stuff all cause of the crap wage i am on. After me buy food and pay rent, childcare and fuel we dont have enough money for anything else, we are yet to find the $200 a week to pay for our bills.

SO I understand what its like to do it tough, I have a partner and 3 kids i need to try and feed, I cant afford to et sick or hurt my self. I leave my babies every day and it kills me yet we still struggle so bad.

BUT i am on crap wage cause i am studying as well so we are stuggling to hell and back now for a better future. 2011 is my year and i will get to spend more time at home, less time at work and hav more money to by new undies

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a bit embarrassed by how much we have left over after rent and how little we have to show for it.

After rent, we would have around $2400 a week left over (that is before any bills/loan repayments/childcare etc)