+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SausageFest View Post
    Those of you with over $1000+ left over is that single or double income?.
    Single income

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ummm...
    Maths...
    Cr@p...

$700 a week give or take. Give because on a 'normal' CL pay its meant to be $420 or something similar but I usually get my advances pretty much as soon as they're freed up again I like to shop needlessly Take, because DF gets paid twice a month, which isn't always fortnightly, but is close to it. Those months where we pay rent 3 times in a 'fortnight' suck, especially if we have bills come in at the same time (welcome to this month, where I received 2 water bills from the RE today, to come out next week, 2 days before DF gets paid again...)

Sorry you're having such a hard time, and I didn't mean to complain about my stuff
    Last edited by peanutbutter&jelly; 24-09-2010 at 18:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    After tax and mortgage repayment only - $425.

Then I have car loan, gas & elec, phone and internet, ge card and left over is about $200 for food, petrol, rates, insurance, water and everything else.

This is just my weekly income. DP gets relatively the same with the same expenses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    $385 a fortnight.

I live off centrelink benefits.

I pay 440 a fortnight in rent.

I have a child support assessment but never receive a cent.

I know what it is like to struggle OP. (((HUGS)))

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi..after mortgage and my centerlink payment we have approx $400 a week to pay for utilities, 2 mobiles, Internet, car and bike Regos and insurance, and everything else in life. The only thing that keeps us going year to year is a tax return and top ups from centerlink. We have no savings and live week to week virtually because DH works in an industry with low wages and I work
    very sporadically. I wish DH would earn more, not just for the money, just so he would be acknowledged for his hard work I feel really bad..he looks for work constantly but is not keen to reskill and lose more income. I am so sorry that so many families are earning just enough to survive..tbh at first I didn't want to read this thread coz I didn't want to be discouraged...but I decided to so I could be encouraged by those keeping thier familes heads above the water... Hugs to you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    $1240 and that is a single income. We do not receive anything from centrelink.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours is $2300 average per week on 1 income after tax. Dh works 6days a week night shift 12hour shifts. I am a SAHM of 2. It's hard work for him but allows us to live comfortably. We do have high living costs which can be scary at times.

Per week
    House $510
    DH personal loan $270
    Insurances $150
    Food $300 (including loo paper, dog food, nappies etc)
    Fuel $150
    Phone/net/mobiles $100
    Other (rates,rego,water,etc broken down) $200

So our living costs do add up. We find it hard to save much after it all.

I don't honestly know how everyone does it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I have just been informed that the weekly income was to be after taxes & mortgage.

I took into account all the bills etc we have.

Without taking into account bills etc we have approx $570 left per week.

Seems like more but then when you take out the other stuff we pay we are left with $270 (as stated earlier).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SausageFest View Post
    Those of you with over $1000+ left over is that single or double income?

Im surprised at what some people can live off! I think its amazing and sad all at the same time.

An Chen, I hope life gets easier for you Im sorry you are having a crap time.
    ours is pretty much single income as i said it varies from week to week dependant on weather i have felt up to working one day a week or not but we dont get much at all from centrelink either

Thanks
    Reviews
    after the house payment 1098 but then we have to buy food, fuel, rates, insurance, phone, power etc and after all that anywhre from 150-300 per week.