+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Those of you with over $1000+ left over is that single or double income?

Im surprised at what some people can live off! I think its amazing and sad all at the same time.

An Chen, I hope life gets easier for you Im sorry you are having a crap time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SausageFest View Post

Im surprised at what some people can live off! I think its amazing and sad all at the same time.

Double. I find it hard to estimate though as some weeks DP could get $6,000 the next he could get zero. Really tough to estimate but he's doing ok.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Single income, my FTB is about $49 a fortnight but I have just pushed it to claim at the end of the financial year. Hubby gets paid monthly so I just times his normal pay by 12 then divided it by 52, hope that was right!
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 24-09-2010 at 17:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Double. I find it hard to estimate though as some weeks DP could get $6,000 the next he could get zero. Really tough to estimate but he's doing ok.
    Same here, though not quite to that extent but DP can do a job that might be worth $3k one week. He is a subby though so his job is never *totally* stable kwim?

Quote Originally Posted by Babymaker View Post
    Single income, my FTB is about $49 a fortnight but I have just pushed it to claim at the end of the financial year.
    Don't spend it all at once lol.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Same here, though not quite to that extent but DP can do a job that might be worth $3k one week. He is a subby though so his job is never *totally* stable kwim?

Don't spend it all at once lol.
    Yeah TBH I don't know why they bother giving it out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just over $1000 per week after rent. We are a single income family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

single income.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    $1000+ single income sort of, Dp owns a business, i work for him. but i am not on the books. i just do paper work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by An Chen View Post
    I'm going to lose it. Sitting here and just crying. Sorry.
    I don't know what to say to this, but understand how you are feeling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by An Chen View Post
    What about joint?
    Nothing is joint.

I pay for bubs costs (formula, nappies, food, clothing etc), my mobile phone, my share of the rent and my private health insurance. I pay for my groceries.

He pays his share of the rent, home phone bill, electricity bill, his mobile bill, car repayments, his groceries and petrol (I don't drive) and other bills that come up.

He gets more in a week than I get in a fortnight so the 'system' we have going works well for us. I eat healthy and he eats junk so that's why we buy our own groceries rather than doing a halved/shared shop.