+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    After paying everything, including fortnightly payments into savings for insurances, phone, electricity, rates, childcare/school fees, groceries and fuel etc (we've divided the annual costs of these things into fortnights and then put it aside - we place it on the mortgage, reduce the interest in the time being and then when the bill is due, we pull it out and pay it.) I think it's roughly $150? Thats ONLY when DH works overtimes, get commissions etc, base pay we're lucky to have $100 to last the fortnight and usually the kids will bring home some disgusting flu and we'll spend that at the chemist!

We have one income, we claim all the FTB at end of year which then is put straight on our mortgage to boost it and save interest.
    Last edited by Mahjong; 24-09-2010 at 14:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Wow, our joint income after the mortgage is way less then what i'm reading here - so much so i'm like this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by An Chen View Post
    Thank youI'll be okay. I have just temporarily lost it. I would be okay with no money if I had emotional support, otherwise it is soul destroying.
    it must be tough doing it on your own. When DH was at the police academy we had $200 per week after rent to feed 3 people and all our phones and Internet were on contracts plus we had a $80 per week car loan. We were used to him being on good money but then DH was made redundant. Fortunately he is now in a seccure job with decent income. The only thing that got us through was having eachother.

I really hope something works out for you soon because it must be tough big hogs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leisa21 View Post
    big hogs
    Lol. Thank you. Not only for the support, but also for the typo. That made me smile.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by An Chen View Post
    Lol. Thank you. Not only for the support, but also for the typo. That made me smile.
    damn iPhone lol. I'm sh1t with my fat fingers mashing the phone . I wish there was something I could do to help . I really hate seeing people struggle.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by TomblibooMum View Post
    After paying everything, including fortnightly payments into savings for insurances, phone, electricity, rates, childcare/school fees, groceries and fuel etc (we've divided the annual costs of these things into fortnights and then put it aside - we place it on the mortgage, reduce the interest in the time being and then when the bill is due, we pull it out and pay it.) I think it's roughly $150? Thats ONLY when DH works overtimes, get commissions etc, base pay we're lucky to have $100 to last the fortnight and usually the kids will bring home some disgusting flu and we'll spend that at the chemist!

We have one income, we claim all the FTB at end of year which then is put straight on our mortgage to boost it and save interest.
    I think you might need to read the OP again, she was asking about just after rent/mortgage

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Leisa21 View Post
    damn iPhone lol. I'm sh1t with my fat fingers mashing the phone . I wish there was something I could do to help . I really hate seeing people struggle.
    Thanks. It's okay. There's really nothing anybody can do. It's good to hear it though, thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gee Sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    After mortgage repayments & before bills, around 900-1100.

As nice as it sounds, it's taken us along time to this far & most of it goes to bills we've racked up while I was sick & DH wasn't working.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by TomblibooMum View Post
    Gee Sorry
    Don't feel you need to be sorry I didn't mean to make you feel bad