+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Hooves is offline My children/my legacy, the best of me is inside them.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by An Chen View Post
    I'm going to lose it. Sitting here and just crying. Sorry.

I don't know how we can make it better. I know financially you are really struggling.

Can you find out about reducing the phone/net bill, you talked about in your other thread.

Also if you are really struggling, can you perhaps go and ask for some financial assistance from the salvo's or vinnies. I know they do food packages.

IT is not something to be ashamed of, either. Sometimes we all need a helping hand.

MY hubby and I found ourselves living on $300 a fortnight when our 2nd child was born. After paying for our rent at the time. IT was soul destroying for both of us.

AND looking back, I have no idea how we managed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by An Chen View Post
    I'm going to lose it. Sitting here and just crying. Sorry.
    Sounds like things are really tough for you atm; I'm really sorry

We don't have heaps of money, but like you said there are two of us and we have money to cover most of our bills and by food.

If you want to talk about it or vent we are here to listen; I know I can't make money out of thin air (oh I wish I could) and I probably have no idea that you haven't already thought of but still it may make you feel better to let it out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danni3 View Post
    I'm sorry your doing it tough at the minute love, I am very aware of how lucky I am to have hubby bringing in a good wage for us, I don't know how I could ever do it on my own
    I'm not even doing it that tough compared to some, but thanks .

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm sorry your in a tough spot at the moment Ah Chen, it was not that long ago we were in a tough spot too, I hope you find some relief soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    About $600 per week after rent. Buy we salary sacrifice a lot so we'd have more but DH sacrifices extra super, electricity and life insurance. Also if DH does specials or overtime or night work it's more. On a normal week about $600, night shift then about $800 and when he does specials and overtime about $1000.

We do have a lot of bills and things, at the moment we're on struggle street as DH is paying about $300 a week on dental as he's got 3 root canals boo! We've dipped into savings for around $4000 in dental so far.

We do well, we're on a single income but we don't over spend, I shop cheap, bake, we don't go out much and we don't have a lot of luxury things. If we want or need something we save over a few fortnights much better than me going back to work and paying child care.
    Last edited by Leisa21; 24-09-2010 at 13:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    After paying rent I'm left with $285 for the fortnight.

After deducting my private health insurance fees, mobile bill, my groceries & bubby's costs, I'm left with about $100 for the fortnight which isn't bad, I've lived off much, much less when I was single and I'm very good at budgeting so some fortnights I'm able to save a little money. My husband pays rent every 2nd week and all household bills as well as his groceries per fortnight.

I plan to start working again in the next 6 months so I look forward to adding more $ to this post when I do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    currently its $1675 a week, but that includes the baby bonus, and a portion of dh's pay is untaxed (we will pay the tax at the end of the year)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHayRiffic View Post
    The other thing to remember is, where there is a joint income, there is also joint bills. 2 cars, 2 mobiles, double the phone calls, higher electricty bill, double the groceries etc etc.

In no way am I saying it isn't freakin hard to be on a single income, but that's just something to think about.

You sound like your struggling An Chen, I hope you're ok
    I think it's much easier - halved rent/mortgage, shared meals, shared electricity.

2 cars, well that's true but two incomes more than makes up for that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkzy View Post
    After paying rent I'm left with $285 for the fortnight.

After deducting my private health insurance fees, mobile bill, my groceries & bubby's costs, I'm left with about $100 for the fortnight which isn't bad, I've lived off much, much less when I was single and I'm very good at budgeting so some fortnights I'm able to save a little money. My husband pays rent every 2nd week and all household bills as well as his groceries per fortnight.

I plan to start working again in the next 6 months so I look forward to adding more $ to this post when I do
    What about joint?

Thank youI'll be okay. I have just temporarily lost it. I would be okay with no money if I had emotional support, otherwise it is soul destroying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I think it's much easier - halved rent/mortgage, shared meals, shared electricity.

2 cars, well that's true but two incomes more than makes up for that
    Sorry for going off at you Benji. I just had a friend who kept complainign that she got as much as I did a fortnight, expect for thing is, she has a HUSBAND who earns in the high double digits a year. It hurts, because she is blind, she doesn't get it at all.

The most important thing about a partnership is the emotional support (unless it's an abusive relationship). Sure, you have no money. TOGETHER.