User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Leaky breasts 3DPO - early preg symptoms for BF'ing Mums

OK, so by mistake I find myself in the TWW. Got a little bit carried away a fews days prior to O.

So now I'm 3DPO and I just noticed my left breast leaking a little bit. I'm only BF'ing my 14m DD once a day and my breasts haven't leaked for ages. Neither breast is overly full, certainly not hard.

I'm analysing every little sign and I've only just started charting so I don't know what a 'normal' cycle is for me.

So did any of you who have fallen pregnant while still BF'ing notice anything like this?

Are early pregnancy symptoms any different for mums who are already BF'ing?
    Last edited by MillyB; 23-09-2010 at 17:01. Reason: fix typos
    ME - 32 HE - 36
    Pink bundle born 15/07/2009
    Surprise! Another July baby due in 2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    What I really what to know is whether there is anything different or extra when you fall pregnant when you're still breastfeeding that I might notice in the TWW.
    Last edited by [Mod] biscotti; 25-09-2010 at 15:49. Reason: ref to edited post
    ME - 32 HE - 36

EquineMum is offline <---- Me, Him and The Bump 37wks
    Thanks
    Reviews
    AT 3DPO, your body isn't even aware that conception may have occurred, so unfortunately it's too soon to be getting any signs that may be linked to a BFP.....you just have to hang in there! That tiny ball of cells is still making it's way down your fallopian tube. Implantation usually happens anywhere from 7-10DPO and then the embryo starts releasing HCG to say "hey, I'm here!!" and the symptoms kick in....

I know it's not easy, but you have to try and LOL It's a PITA!!! Best of luck!
    Me - 32 DH - 32
    DS1 - where's the off button?!?! - Sept 08
    DS2 - Happiest little insomniac in the world - Nov 10

Surrogate (TS) journey came to a grinding halt - IP's changed their minds. Now concentrating on donating eggs to a beautiful couple in Sydney!!
    First cycle in June - stay tuned!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just found out I'm pg with no. 4 and am still b/feeding DD3 anywhere up to 5 times a day, and sometimes at night. Was also feeding DD1 when I fell with DD2.

Never experienced any leaking whilst pg with DD2 and none whilst pg with this one. It still would be a bit too early to be having EPS as it takes anywhere from 7 - 10 days for implantation to happen.

The only symptoms that I can think of b/f whilst pregnant is that your milk supply can reduce due to the increased hormones, flavour can change and your nipples become really sensitive making b/f harder.

None of this has happened to me yet (still early days) and DD3 shows no signs of wanting to give up. Will probably end up tandem feeding! LOL!!

Good luck and HTH!
    Me(30's)Him(30's)
    DD1 23/02/2000 DD2 05/04/2002
    DD3 19/11/2008 & DD4 19/05/2011
    Looking at TTC for No. 5 end of 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies, ladies. I know that it's unlikely to feel any pregnancy symptoms before implantation but I keep reading about women who swear they do. I think I'm probably just paying more attention than usual to how I feel in the luteal phase.

It sounds challenging to be BF'ing so often whilst being pregnant. Good luck if you end up tandem feeding

I will post again when I know definitely whether it's a BFP or BFN, probably in 10 days. Today I feel bloated and pants around my abdomen are irritating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For the benefit of anyone that may search this topic at a later date, I will continue to update >>>

Well today I'm 8DPO by my calculations. I took two HPT (I have a stockpile of internet cheapies) and they were both negative. However now I can *just* make out an evap line on the one from this morning and maybe on the one from this afternoon as well.

I got a late faint line of these tests the day before I got my BFP with DD back in 2008 (and not on the earlier days I tested) but I KNOW you can't rely on the results after the stated time frame so I'm considering it a BFN/evap line. <EDIT> I think I was imagining the evap lines today because I can't see them now in the PM under the light, lol.

I shall keep testing daily until I get a BFP or AF arrives.

Continue to have 'symptoms'. Back pimple (only ever had these when preg), burning eyes when I close them, bloated achy tummy, feeling hot. But hey, these could all be attributed to my usual luteal phase... if only I'd started charting earlier.

Breasts are tender/engorged but I have stopped BFing now so I'm attributing all sensitivity to that, not the possibility of being UTD.
    Last edited by MillyB; 28-09-2010 at 20:30. Reason: add extra info
    ME - 32 HE - 36