+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweak View Post
    Well actually the average bakery sausage roll contains
    40% of an adults daily saturated fat
    25% of an adults daily salt
    so it pretty much is lard

Did you read how much he was asked to eat of it? 3 tiny little mouthfuls.

did you go and look up those stats specifically??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What you need is a plan and you need to stick to it. There is at least a dozen options in this thread alone. You need to be persistent for a week. Whatever advice you like the best start with that. It might take a few goes to get it right but you have to be persistent. Don't let it get to you because he will see it gets a reaction from you. Food is one of the only things toddlers can control so he's just trying to take control.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by me n he View Post
    so today, for breakfst, i offered him a choice of weet bix, rice bubbles, nurtigrain(which he has at home), cornflakes or toast. he wanted rice bubbles but did he eat them no!!!

for lunch i offered him either a sandwich with cheese, vegemite or meat on it or he could have some yoghurt with some banana and strawberries. he chose the sandwich but did he eat it no!!!
    DS has done the same thing, he's pushing the boundaries/asserting his independence. The more of a fuss we (DH ) made the worse he got. Just stand firm, don't let him see he's getting a rise out of you, be calm and consistent in your answers, explain the way things are, that's all you can really do. It does pass eventually!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I agree with JATS, my standard response to "I don't like it" or "I don't want to eat it" is now "That's fine, you don't have to, just remember that it's not another meal time for another X hours/until morning" and eventually she learnt that if she came to me an hour later saying "Mum I'm hungry!" the response was always "Ok it's (next meal) at (time) which is in (however long) and you can play/clean up, etc until then"

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leisa21 View Post
    What you need is a plan and you need to stick to it. There is at least a dozen options in this thread alone. You need to be persistent for a week. Whatever advice you like the best start with that. It might take a few goes to get it right but you have to be persistent. Don't let it get to you because he will see it gets a reaction from you. Food is one of the only things toddlers can control so he's just trying to take control.
    Very very good advice!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by aliblue View Post
    Did you read how much he was asked to eat of it? 3 tiny little mouthfuls.

did you go and look up those stats specifically??
    Wasn't attacking her ffs

I used to work in a bakery and have an intrest in nutrition
    it's a one of those useless infos that live in my head
    like that the last successful invasion of Britain was the battle of Hastings in 1066
    these things just stick in my head for some reason I'm full of useless facts
    that I've always wante to use

No where did I attack this woman
    I wasn't even quoting her I was reffering to another post

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweak View Post
    Wasn't attacking her ffs

I used to work in a bakery and have an intrest in nutrition
    it's a one of those useless infos that live in my head
    like that the last successful invasion of Britain was the battle of Hastings in 1066
    these things just stick in my head for some reason I'm full of useless facts
    that I've always wante to use

No where did I attack this woman
    I wasn't even quoting her I was reffering to another post
    Really? You just implied that she WAS practically 'pouring lard down his throat'.

Anyway, we are seriously OT when this thread has finally got back ON topic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    No I don't think it's mean at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would offer him a healthy option instead like fruit or yoghurt, if he doesn't like that then I'd just wait until he is hungry and try again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    tonight he ate 3 teaspoons of spag bog mince. he wasnt interested in the spagetti or the cheese i offered him which he said he wanted. i was happy he had his 3 teaspoons. they werent full sized teaspoons but he still had his 3.

to everyone who is focusing on the sausage roll, substitute that for spagetti bog. would that be mean of me to give him that if he is hungry or go without?

he is asleep now as he is tired and i know he will wake up later.