+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default do you think this is too mean?

the amount of food coop wastes can be beyond the joke. dad went out and got pies and sausage rolls for lunch today. coop got a sausage roll. he eats them normally at home but will take forever. he put on a massive tantrum to not eat it. would it be unfair to him to not give him anything else until he eats at least half of that sausage roll?

by not giving him anything else, i mean a sandwich, banana or strawberries or whatever else he wants?

i dont want him to starve yet i want him to start eating what is in front of him, not having to make him something else all the time or cave in and give him the crap he wants to eat if that makes sense.

he fell asleep in a pile of tears so the sausage roll is in the fridge atm.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, to me a sausage roll is a sometimes food so I would not make a child eat it if it was on offer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am mean. I keep the food that ds andd don't eat and offer that first at the next meal. They usually eat it because they are starving.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Babymaker View Post
    Yes, to me a sausage roll is a sometimes food so I would not make a child eat it if it was on offer.
    i was thinking that however when my parents get onto me about something, i crack and think i am not doing the right thing.

they arent common in our house but when we get them as a treat, he will eat them but it will take forever.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    i don't think it's mean. It would be mean if you were asking him to eat something he didn't like, but it sounds like he just loses interest. He won't starve, he probably only starts asking for something else once he's actually eaten enough to be satisfied. Can you try just given him a tiny bit of what's on offer- say 1/4 of the sausage roll, and then he might be more likely to finish it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by catch 22 View Post
    I am mean. I keep the food that ds andd don't eat and offer that first at the next meal. They usually eat it because they are starving.
    its what i am thinking of doing now with dinner time because he just wont eat. i now have to go and blend all veges in potato for him due to him not eating them. he wont touch a single vege these days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by aliblue View Post
    i don't think it's mean. It would be mean if you were asking him to eat something he didn't like, but it sounds like he just loses interest. He won't starve, he probably only starts asking for something else once he's actually eaten enough to be satisfied. Can you try just given him a tiny bit of what's on offer- say 1/4 of the sausage roll, and then he might be more likely to finish it?
    i cut the sausage roll into 8 pieces for him. i just wanted him to eat min of 3 pieces as thats what i expect of him from each meal he has. min of 3 bites due to being 3yrs old.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    oh then absolutely not mean. Sounds like he's trying it on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I smile silently as all my friends complain their children will never finish thier dinners.

Mine eats anything, and his whole school lunch is discussed with me and it must all be eaten by the time I pick him up. His dinners, breakfasts and lunches are all eaten. I usually ask him how much he wants and then that is how much he must eat.

He's not allowed to leave the table until he finishes eating it. I found the won't give him anything else tactic didn't work because he's a copy of me which means he will go on hunger strike until I succumb. Perhaps try that approach - coming to a mutual agreemment as to how much he will eat, and then having to eat it all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aliblue View Post
    oh then absolutely not mean. Sounds like he's trying it on
    If Coop is anything like my DS, he will never stop putting it on.

Bec, you know your child most of all. Try different approaches and see what works. But most certainly it's not mean .