+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 63 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default awaiting a tubal reversal

hi,im not sure if i am in the right spot,i am going in for a tubal reversal on the 19th of april ,sooooooo excited and soooooo scared too. i cant wait until i am ttc. i would love to share the journey with people who are in a similar situation,or have been through it. I am 37 years old and I have 5 kids ,people think im mad to go back, but i had those 5 before the age of 27 now my youngest is 10 years old, im ready to go back,my kids ages are; DS 20,DS 18,DD13,DD12,DD10,my 2 sons are from a first marrige,my husband is yet to have a son of his own,so if everything goes well he might have that chance,looking forward to talking with you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    jilljill- welcome aboard & i bet you are excited.... you should be.What amde you decide to go reversal then IVF ?? We didnt wan to do reversal as i had so many yrs of not thinking about falling pregnant so didnt want to go back to the worry of it all happening again.Everyones different though.Good luck let us know how you go.

Well were all sick.... had the Peads appointment for the twins & all is great there & then had pyhsio catchup & their all happy there too.Both bubs are ahead in time.... rolling over etc.. & excellent for 21wks/7wks corrected age.Lachy will actaully hold your hand when laying down & pull himself upto sit then if you let him he'll pull himself upto stand... clever lil boy. Hoping that doesnt mean were gonna crawl/walk very early lol Oh well best be off have a great wk end ppls

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

Welcome Jill - I can understand you wanting another child if DH does not have his son yet. I wish you the best of luck with everything and hope you do not need to go down the IVF path. I am sure all will work out and DH can start a soccer team soon!!

Pls - it can be so hard not to swear but I think about how I would feel if someone taught my child to swear. I know they will pick it up somewhere anyway, I would just prefer that it was not my fault. How are you all feeling now???

AFM..had my op yesterday and cried like a baby when I woke up from the anaesthesia as I was having a nightmare. They assure me this is a normal reaction and many people cry when they are awoken as they are confused. Well I certainly was confused. It took me three hours of sitting in the chair waiting to go in and for someone who was "nil by mouth" boy did I pee alot whilst waiting. I have to say though, the anaesthesia was a great experience as they stuck a numbing patch on my hand three hours before the op and I did not feel a thing when they jabbed the canular in (is that how you spell it?) I asked for a doggie bag of those let me tell you. Then I went in to theatre and they gave me pain killers before the anaesthesia and they then said, "The good stuff is coming now. Ready for your trip?? Where do you want to go?? The Bahamas? Hawaii?" I of course said "Hawaii" and they told everyone to get their grass skirts on. I was laying there with about five people smiling over me and I was trying to fight the sleepiness and next thing I know I was in recovery. They said, "Look, she's trying to fight it" and I had a stupid grin on my face". God bless anaesthesia. I love that feeling when everything starts to go numb and you can feel yourself going. I wanted to enjoy the moment and that's why I tried to fight it. hahahahaa. I won't get my results until Wednesday. They said everything looked good but now I am wearing nappies. By that I mean maternity pads as I bled alot yesterday. I am actually shocked by the lack of blood today as they told me to expect to bleed for a week. (I had a hysteroscopy and a D&C and a biopsy). Sorry..maybe that was a little TMI regarding the bleeding. DH decided to come (luckily for him) and he came in when I was in the ward and sat on the bed as I was sitting in the recliner by this stage. He was sitting there and I started laughing and said, "You know you are sitting on my pad". He says, "What do you mean?" He gets up and sees it and says, "Ewwwww". I said "Well if you think that is gruesome, wait until I push the baby out. " They are so infantile sometimes. I could not believe he was grossed out by that. It wasn't a pad like you buy in Coles, it was a huge pillow they stuck there as obviously I was not wearing undies. When my friend was in labour they took her undies and the pad off at the same time and handed it to her hubby. I laughed so hard when she told me. I am sure the nurses do it on purpose for a laugh!!! I am gonna tee up the nurses when I have my baby to do the same to my DH. It would make all the pain worth it to see the look on his face.

Hope you are all having a great weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies how are you all?

Hi Jill and welcome, good luck with your reversal, we just decided to do ivf instead of the reversal. I hope everything works out will for you and your partner

jamison, i hope your feeling a bit better today. I know what you mean about drs telling you about the afters of a d&c like you i only bled for one day the drs told me i would get pregnant or the chances of getting pregnant straight away are high tho it took me 6 mths to get pregnant with my ds. I hope the dr has some good news for you on wednesday. tho i like your plan for dh when you give birth i can't wait for to hear about that.

tired, sorry to hear you got af you will know when your ready to go back i hope you get you bfp soon

afm, not much to tell the kids are still all sick other then that stuff is very boring.

take care ladies
    angela

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies

Just pop in to let you alll know that FS wants me to go staright back in to a FET...so my scan will be on the 4 April to see what my lining is doing.

Jill...welcome to the thread..The Ladies on here will make you feel a part..You will be able to rant and vent as much as you like.

I better go as i have been up really early to paint and now i am so tired...I paintede our Laundr as we hadnt done it for about 5 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Tired- GL for the next rnd i have everything crossed this is the one.

Jamison- how funny your dh will die if you do that to him.Although when i was in the hosp i had to keep every pad with its content for the nurses to check over & DH happened to be the one standing there holding it to give to the nurse on the other side of the door & he said he couldnt believe the rainbow of colours comin gout from me in a matter of weeks.Red from the bleeds,brown as the bleeds ended,clear for the amnio fluid,then yellow as it was turning infected then bright fluro green when it finally did turn,he was shocked & said now he understands why woman have no dignity left after childbirth LOL

Katt- we all sick still .... sucks hey

Well MIL arrives today so see how this visit goes.there only allowed to stay 4 nights if they want to stay with us cause its just too hard with meals & personalities etc...but she hasnt seen the twins since being home so shes going to get a big shock as theyve grown heaps since hospital.Lachy now finally fits into a 0000 (stil a lil big) Lily is in a 000. Were 22 weeks/ 8corrected now !!Anyhoooo must go shower & get ready to dive up the shops when dh gets home from work b4 he goes the airport to pick them up.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies...

well Dh was whining about me bleeding on the floor of the bathroom. Well what do you want me to do between the toilet and the shower?? AS far as I know they don't make waterproof pads yet. I am too scared to use a tampon right now.

pls - I have EVERY intention of asking the nurse to hand the pad to him when the time comes. Maybe then he will understand being a woman is not as easy as he thinks. When I told my mum and sister what happened the other day, they both laughed hysterically and said, "Sucked in to him". I can't believe your Dh was willing to stand there and hand it over like that. Mine would have a coronary or pass out. I am glad someone's DH understands that there is no dignity in childbirth. Mine cannot fathom how I don't care what they see. I am so far past it that I will not care one iota when I give birth. I understand the issue with the in laws. It can be hard as we do not all have the same ideas and just because we married their sons, does not mean our personalities gel. Hopefully all goes well with your little visit.

katt - I feel like I was jumping the gun a little. I have NEVER bled like this in my life and I guess they were telling me the truth. I have period pain and ALOT if blood all the time. If anything, it seems to be increasing. I am OVER using pads believe me. The only thing I like is the trivia on the Libra pads hahaha. Very interesting. They bhave useless facts but hey, if you have to sit there on the loo, you may as well enjoy the reading Libra provides. Have you seen their printed pad strips?? Very interesting facts. I hope you all feel better ASAP. You are never boring. I like reading your posts. Any progress on the wedding front??

AFM....appointment is now on Tuesday. It sounds weird BUT I hope they found something wrong with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi JillJill,

I have been doing IVF which hasnt been successful, i have 3 frosties and after they are used will be going with a reversal. Hope you dont mind me asking BUT what made you decide to do a reversal rather than IVF and how did you go with drs about this???

I havent been on here for awhile as im gearing up for my first FET and need to focus on something ANYTHING other than IVF.

Hope everyone is well,xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow lots has been happening, I read the updates from time to time but dont get the chance to reply as young Lachy decides to crack it once i start typing!!!

JillJill- hi, just wondering what dr are you going through for your reversal??

Ourbradybunch- I tried IVF but no luck so had the reversal, which was successfull on the 2nd month of trying!!! Financially I just wish i had gone for the reversal straight away but I went to Dr Wright in cairns saying i wanted the reversal and he said i was the perfect candidate for IVF and had me totally convinced that was the way to go. Now i realise i should have just gone with my own instincts.

Pls- how are L&L going, I cant believe its been just over 5m, look me up on facebook so i can see pics of the twins and you can see my little man Lillian Wotton (and any of you other ladies that wish to be FB buddies)

Jamison- too funny, most blokes have a weak stomach when it comes to that stuff, love to be a fly on the wall tho when the midwife just hands it to them!!

Tired- will keep my fingers crossed for you

AFM-well Lachy is 5m and so gorgeous (so everyone tells me) haha he is sitting up although has had a few face plants. He is doing swimming lessons and can go under water between 3 & 5 seconds. He just loves his big brother (and his mum of course) is fascinated by the cats and if they ignore him he sits there and coughs to get their attention. Im off to Alice Springs after Easter so the inlaws get to meet their new grandson, although is going to be a surprise visit and we are just rocking up on their door step, although the aunty knows we are coming but she is sworn to secrecy!!

Hi to everyone else i've missed, hope you are doing well