+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 63 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,
    Tired - seems like you have been having some issues with miss DS18. I always worry about having a teenage daughter as I was a right pain in the you know what. I did not do anything bad but I gave my mum a truck load of attitude.NOTHING she said would satisfy me but now I look back and see she said what she said was for my own good. Although, I never would have believed her when she said, “You will thank me later”.NOW I know she knew what she was talking about and she was not trying to punish me. She was just telling me things to keep me safe and to teach me to be a good person. Teenagers think they are invincible and nothing bad will happen to them. I am glad you got to get away and free your mind. Rave all you like. I am sure many people here would understand the trials of teenagers. I hope things are looking up there. WE are back to IVF again next year so we can hold each other’s hands hopefully.

Must - well the drums are here and I regret it already. Luckily they are digital and he can wear headphones so I don’t have to hear it. I just do not understand why they need crap like that. I guess he is right when he says he does not understand why I need limited edition makeup and handbags. I guess it makes sense. Boys love what they love and girls are into a whole different world of gifts!! I am getting an Ipad for Xmas too so I am excited about that. I thought they were a waste of money but I tend to use my PSP a lot when I am on planes so it could come in handy. How was the scan today???Do tell all.

Iris - my sister’s feet were HUGE when she was UTD and I am in no way looking forward to that as I love my heels! Keep those footsies up and resting.

Gem - the TWW is sheer trauma. I have been there MANY times and it always starts out with bliss, thinking this is it! Then your mind wanders. Best of luck for Monday my love. Thinking of you.

Pls - I agree with Must. I too have heard that putting them in the same cot boosts them. I guess they shared a womb after all. It might provide some comfort to them. I don’t know anything about having babies so I really should not offer advice. I hope things are getting better and better on your end. I wish you a very happy Xmas with lotsa great progress.

AFM…..well do NOT go into Cotton On kids and see all the GORGEOUS little girl tutus and outfits as it will only make you depressed. I am such a loser I cried in Cotton On Kids the other day as I was in love with the outfits and started wondering when I will be able to buy them. Xmas is the hardest time when you cannot conceive. I have been blubbing a lot since December first. What bothered me even more was I went to my work Xmas party and ex-colleagues (who I despise mind you) asked when bubs is due?? WHAT???? I am not with a belly and I am smaller than all of them so why would they say that? I know one did it on purpose as he knows how much I hate him and his wife lost a baby last year. I find out later that he did it intentionally as they cannot have kids and he knows we have been having IVF and they cannot afford it. Is it my fault?? I know all of this as I complained to my boss and she confronted him and this is what the jerk told her.He said he was annoyed that we were paying for IVF when they cannot afford it. There are so many words for people like him. I was holding back the tears at the party and DH and my friend’s hubby had to calm me down.I did tell him to go somewhere else in no lady like terms. I seriously wanted to spit in his face. My friend’s hubby was going off his head and telling everyone he was so disgusted that he did that to me in front of everyone. The guy that did it is a male chauvenist pig who used to abuse me and my colleague as we earn more than him and he felt that “Women should clean the toilet and should earn less than men” His words, not mine. I shoulda smacked him one. I wanted to but it was not the time nor place. My friend went up to him and got her revenge so I guess it all worked out. To think I felt so sorry for them.Sorry for the rant (yet again) but I just do not understand why people are so vindictive and nasty. We are in the same boat so why would they want to be so horrible???GRRRRRR I am so angry at them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jamison...What a Pig!!! Can't afford it, my b-m! We have people on this thread that have travelled from T'ville to do IVF at westmead because it is so affordable! Don't let him bring you down luv, people can afford anything if they want it bad enough & he just want's people to feel sorry for him! What a joke he is! Sorry for my tirade, but that part of your post had me seeing red I hope the drums to drive you mad Xx

Tired...I hope things improve with your daughter, i only have teenage boys myself & touch wood, we haven't had too many dramas so far. It must break your heart for all of this to be happening.

Iris...My belly feels huge, i can't imagin yours you poor thing! My feet have been good so far, so here's hoping they stay that way over the next couple of months! I have to work until a week before my c-section so i would love to have toes & ankles until then! Lol

Gem... All the best for Monday

Afm...All was good with the scan the other day, for a min he couldn't find the boy bits & said "well maybe you should paint the room pink" then bub moved a little & showed that the walls indeed need to be blue! Phew! We have so much boy stuff!

Thanks
    Reviews
    must -yes he is a HUGE pig. I hate him and I know hate is a harsh word but I really do hate him. He has been trying to insult me and make me feel bad for ages. I look at him and his wife and think, they are both vindictive people and I should NOT feel sorry for them anymore. They are both jealous people. I am so sick of people trying to bring me down. They can go and get .........I know I should rise above their rubbish but I get so hurt by stupid comments. I could say so much worse than they do to me but I will not as I am not that person. I just hope that karma bites them in the butt. Thank you for seeing red for me. I really appreciate you getyin fired up for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Jamison- wat a ******..... cant believe someone would be like that.You let him be jealous of you cause 2011 is going to be your yr for sure.... were all putting in for christmas wishes that its your yr.I'd be buying spare headphones in case those break for the drums.... need back up just in case lol

Iris- hope those feet arent too bad... raise them up on pillows at the end of the bed or lounge that helps heaps.

Mustbcrazy- They wont put our twins together again untill lachlan is off cpap.As lily will pull it out/off for sure.Plus shes in special care now & hes stillin NICU but not for long.

Tiredof4- lovely teenagers hey... dont worry my son's s%#t all over us as well,thinks leaving his gf here while he goes off partying & holidaying in NSW that she'll just wait around for her... which she didnt & left here & him to return home & now shes with someone else & supposedly its our fault ??? Weirdo... suppose they have to blame someone hey,cant possibly be their own doing.Hope you doing ok !

Well lily now weighs 1600g & lachlan 1409g.She is in Special care & lachlan still in NICU untill he loses the Cpap which is very close cause hes on the lowest level for help.We had a few scares with him that his PDA (heart shunts) werent closing off & might have needed surgery but seems to be ok at the moment.The nurses have said someone switched his light on about 2 days ago & now everything is falling into place with him slowly.Lily has had a few goes on the breast this week,shes powering along but girls do wayyyy much better then boys when premmies.Once there in special care together they will be reunited together in a double bed.

Hope everyone well & not spending too much $$ on xmas shopping unless its on themselves lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jamison - that guy needs a good kick up the you know what. if you want something so bad you will do anything to get it. We did my hubby and i originally we looking at sydney IVF and yes their cost were to much for us so i researched more and found WFC and we got want we wanted, dont let him bring you down he is just one thing of stress that you dont need. It is your year next year !

Must - WOW you are working up to 1 week to your due time, some how i dont think i will make it. I am suprised i have fat feet every day at work as i sit down most the time. When are you die for your c section?

PLS - it looks like the twins are gaining weight nicley. How much do they have to weigh before you can bring them home?

AFM - i still have fat feet, i wake up in the morning and they are at least half normal, by the time i get to work that is only 30 minutes away i am back up to fat feet. I have an ultrasound tomorrow for growth and my OB appointment Wednesday, so i think i will speak to the doctor then and see what they say about the fat feet.

not long now and will be here and then if i make it i will only have 4 weeks of work left. than i can rest my feet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all of the support ladies. I truly just cannot understand how people can be so mean. What have I ever done to them??As someone said to me, rock up to the work Xmas party next year with your baby and say, “Where’s your baby huh??? If anything, this just makes me more determined to stick it right up them. DH is against me being spiteful but hey, those imbeciles deserve it. What rock do these people live under?? Have they never heard that what goes around comes around???

ANYWAY…enough ranting from me.

Iris - EXACTLY…if they bothered to get off their backsides, they would find that they could find somewhere affordable. Those feet sound like a right pain in the you know what. I know it happens to a lot of people. Best of luck with that appointment tomorrow. Yay for only four weeks left of work for you….I can only dream…although new babies are much harder than anything I do at work I am sure.

Pls - thanks for those Xmas wishes. I ask Santa for the same thing every year but so far apparently I am not on his “Nice” list and have not been getting the one thing I really want. Yes I WILL let that jerk and his hideous wife be jealous because that would bother them even more..Yes, I will be getting the extra set of headphones let me assure you as I had a glimpse of what is to come this afternoon. DH had the electric guitar out and drove me INSANE!He is good at it but I do not want to hear it for three hours straight thanks. Sounds like things are moving along with the bubs. Poor little man…..he will be big and strong and pulling his sister’s hair before we all know it. I just feel that they have been so so strong in this fight and they are amazing little human beings. Great news about Lily having a go at breast feeding. That in itself is a HUGE achievement. Much love to them both. I love reading all the ladies’ stories about the teenagers. I know that sounds odd but I like to know what I am in for. Don’t you know when you are a teenager everything is your Mum’s fault??? It takes kids a long time to realise they are responsible for their own actions. Best of luck with the bubbas. Keep us all posted. I cannot promise to spend too much money on Xmas shopping though. I just love, love LOVE to give prezzies. Oh and I love to receive them too.

AFM….only 10 days left of work!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOO!! It hit me today and I got so excited that I can take a HUGE break and recharge and get myself ready for next year’s bundle of joy. I need this time off badly. Don’t get me wrong, the next ten working days will be hell, but it’s all worth it when you know you can have a whole month to yourself. I cannot wait!!I am also excited to take my nephew shopping for his first year at school. He had his pre-school graduation the other day and I am glad I was not there as I woulda blubbed and blubbed. I am not normally a crier over sentimental things but when it comes to those kids, look out!! Nephew’s Poppy and Mummy both text me pics of him in his little graduation cap…too cute. Apparentlt Nanny bawled so it is a good thing I was not there to egg her on. Whenever I cry, she cries.
    Anyway, have a great week ladies. Pls, we hope to hear more good news about the twins.

Thanks
    Reviews
    and I said I was finished ranting....huh!!! Just a little more from my book of "Stupid things insensitive people say". After spending alot of time with my friend's bub (who was an "accident" mind you) I said to her, "Oh I really really want one of those". She scoffed and said, "Yeah you say that now. Wait until you cannot eat your dinner, wash your hair, blah blah." I am FULLY aware of this yet she felt the need to tell me I should just "Enjoy being free". She went on to say she is going to record me saying how much I would love a baby and then play it back to me when I am tired and stressed out. I said to her, "Maybe I will have moments when I am tired and stressed when bub won't sleep but I would much prefer that than being without one". She scoffed again and said I have no idea what I am getting myself into and she will remind me how I put myself into the position of having to look after a baby. What is that???She then went on to say that her daughter "Sucked me in" and had me "wrapped around her little finger". Why??Because I took her on the slippery dip and gave her a drink of water and played with her?? I swear I will have this baby and throw it in her face when she sees I can cope and I knew 100 percent what I was getting myself into. I told her I know how to settle a baby and change a nappy and get up in the middle of the night to them. She says, "What, once?" I told her I have had my nephews as babies and while that is not the same as each and every day, I still know what to do.I have been spewed on, poohed on and peed on which is more than I can say for her. I had to teach her how to change a nappy and she said, "How do you know all of this?" She still has no clue as the other day she changed her daughter's nappy in the blinding sun and little one was crying. I then stood over the baby to shade her eyes and she stopped crying. She said, "Why are you on your knees shading her?" I said, "Because her eyes are hurting. " Well then we were back to "Oh you are so sucked in by her". I also had to tell her that the baby needs a routine and that's why she sleeps in the bed with her. She says, "Oh I am so tired after work and cannot be bothered to get up and down putting her back in her cot". Hello??? That's what mothering is. She still has not understood even though our mutual friend has two kids and is 43 with a nine year old and a three year old sleeping in the same room as them. They moved the kids beds into their room and all four in that family sleep in the same room. It just makes me so mad that people take what they have for granted. I am so sorry to have yet another rant but I am so sick of people saying stupid things to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jamison - i know that lady is your friend but it makes my blood boil when i hear people talk like that. I know i had children previously but when you are wanting a baby so bad and you have that thrown at you you feel like saying well i will take the child if it that much of problem for you. I so pray you get your special gift next year and by the sounds of it you will be an awesome mum.

AFM - i had my scan today and My little Prince has put on 244grms in two weeks and my little princess 153 grms in 2 weeks she still weights more by 102grms.
    So DH and i are very happy to hear that.

enjoy the evening

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jamison...I agree with Iris, tell her you will have that child if it's soooo much trouble for her! There is a big differance when you want a baby so bad, you will love the sleepless nights & every dirty nappy, because you have a child. She resents the whole thing because it wasn't what she had planned. You will be a fantastic mother we all know that. xxxxxxx

Iris...I have my c-section on the 17/3 St Patrick's day. I have to work till the end because we sort of got ourselves into a lot of debt for this little bundle! Lol. He will be worth every cent of it! I have to return to work when he is six weeks old, but DH is going to do permanant night shift so we can share the care so to speak. I'm glad your little boy is cathing up to his sister, hope your getting off those feet as much as possible.

Gem...How did it go yesterday? Can't wait to here your news!

Hi to everyone else, hope everyone is well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Must - 17/3 that is the day i am due but some how i think i will go a bit before then, i dont get to get off my feet to much as you know being a mother of many theres not much chance of it. Though when hubby gets home he makes me sit down. I will probably finish end of January if i make it that far. then depending on our $$$ situation i will go back july august. You should be entitled to the payed parental leave shouldnt you that will help you a bit.

take care